Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-men party premades needs removed from joust rank

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngelWingss's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

3-men party premades needs removed from joust rank

3 vs 3 joust rank match making is screwed up badly by 3 party premade, it is unfair for most of us when abusers is abusing match making to win games. If they want to play with their friends they can play normal because rank needs to be for level 30 skill players with both teams even not 3-party premades abusing match making to get cheap no skill wins. I hope Hi-Rez remove premades or put it back to 2 men party system for 3 vs 3 joust rank.

I was looking forward to 3 vs 3 joust rank for season 3, now it is no fun losing against 3 men premades abusing match making & get put with feeders that cannot get 1 kill.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I feel your pain but.... It is what it is.

Pulling off ganks or focusing a single enemy is definitely an advantage in pre made. Can't tell you how many times I used my ult at the same time my teamate did when it wasn't needed because we weren't mic'd up; again, another advantage.

It's part of the game though.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    They don't need to be removed, you need to learn to play. Spare the effort you use to finding stupid excuses for your lack of skill and use it to improve yourself.

Senior Member Honoured BigDingus's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    THE ENTIRE POINT OF JOUST RANK WAS FOR PREMADES!

Are you freaking kidding me?! Hi-Rez specifically discussed this! And having them go to casual makes less sense? In my best Mugatu impersonation - "I FEEL LIKE I AM TAKING CRAZY PILLS HERE!" How does it make one bit of sense to send competitive teams to casuals? If you want to solo queue, fine. But to expect well coordinated premades to not play ranked, especially in the mode created specifically for 3 man premades, you are out of your damn mind.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    They don't need to be removed, you need to learn to play. Spare the effort you use to finding stupid excuses for your lack of skill and use it to improve yourself.
    This is a stupid reason. A 3 man party will have better strategy and better communication every time. You're saying someone should get better has nothing to do with playing against a premade team. HiRez even said they wouldn't allow full premades into league conquest because it wouldn't reflect the SKILL of playing in ranked. Same holds true for Joust. If they're going to allow for 3 man premades then they should ALWAYS face 3 man premades. Given how common they are and that virtually every joust game is that. You wouldn't be sitting in the queue for every long.

Junior Member Cupidhead Anovulation's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I disagree with this. Joust is a 3v3 game mode, if that alone doesn't suggest anything then I worry. Because its a highly team oriented mode (like every other really) its best for people to party up and assuming that some form of voice communication and understanding is involved it only enhances their game-play and raises their chances of winning.

So where is the logic in removing 3 man pre-mades?
    Last edited by Anovulation; 02-20-2016 at 10:25 PM.
    Weak people can only live with the support of one another, that is why they believe in one another so easily, and that's why they are easily betrayed.
    - Aoi Rokushō

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Anovulation View Post
    I disagree with this. Joust is a 3v3 game mode, if that alone doesn't suggest anything then I worry. Because its a highly team oriented mode (like every other really) its best for people to party up which assuming that some form of voice communication and understanding is involved and enhance their game-play, and grind up the ranks.

Then make the mode party only, where you can't queue unless you have a party. We had that before.

Either make it so all premade 3 man teams face premade teams OR just make it so the game mode is party only.

Junior Member Cupidhead Anovulation's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Then make the mode party only, where you can't queue unless you have a party. We had that before.

Either make it so all premade 3 man teams face premade teams OR just make it so the game mode is party only.
    A lot of people are fine wit solo queuing, and that's also how some people find team mates to play ranked joust with.
    Weak people can only live with the support of one another, that is why they believe in one another so easily, and that's why they are easily betrayed.
    - Aoi Rokushō

Senior Member Honoured BigDingus's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post

But it's league. It's meant to be competitive. The numbers aren't there for for league games, let alone Joust League games, to be segregated between full 3 man premade teams and solo queues exclusively. The wait times would be horrendous. They WANTED Joust League to be 3 man teams, they said so. If you choose to solo queue, then it's at your own risk. I've never played that mode for that reason specifically.

I like to solo queue. Therefore, I'm not going to play in a mode that is dominated by premades, then complain that it shouldn't be that way.

And this is the first thread I've EVER seen suggest that the competitive premade teams go play the casual modes instead, to make the ranked people feel better. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard... Yeah, ruin casual by forcing competitive players into there...makes sense.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    This is a stupid reason.
    It is not.

A 3 man party will have better strategy and better communication every time.
    This is not true. You'll have plenty of time to discuss a composition with your team in lobby, and VGS is an excellent way of communication. Combos are something easy and obvious, specially on Joust, since there are only 3 players and not 5. A small map like Joust's does not require the same ammount of coordination as Conques

You're saying someone should get better has nothing to do with playing against a premade team.
    Of course it has. If you're good, you can go through the match easily, it is not the same thing as Conquest, its a smaller map, smaller teams and quicker objectives.

HiRez even said they wouldn't allow full premades into league conquest because it wouldn't reflect the SKILL of playing in ranked.
    I have a hard time believing in another "supposed" statement by HiRez which is very likely a lie. Link me to it. And again, this is not Conquest.

Same holds true for Joust. If they're going to allow for 3 man premades then they should ALWAYS face 3 man premades.
    That is not true, its easier to carry 2 players and punish 3 players than it is to carry 4 players and punish 5. Joust is a small map where you can easily bring a whole team into a bad position, and you don't need that anything complex to do so.

Given how common they are and that virtually every joust game is that. You wouldn't be sitting in the queue for every long.
    And what would the solo queuers be doing? Your logic is extremely failed.
    I will also add that if premades are such a problem for you in Joust, make your own. It doesn't take that much time, and if you're willing so much to win that premades are your excuse, then use the same "weapon" as your enemy, its not as hard to do as it is in Conquest, because there are only 2 missing players.