Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Sol Bad?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KingQuackster View Post
    Passive) Use your 1, done. If you're complaining about a free damage boost then please deep throat poison ivy.
    Like I said like 5000 times already.. she does shit damage. With the damage boost from her passive, she does okay damage. If she were to normal damage to start off with, I wouldn't be complaining. But she has to charge her passive to do what any other mage can already do without a passive that they need to charge and poly and that's to do amazing amounts of damage. Nox's passive, for example, is good. She does decent damage to start off with.. and her passive helps her do extra.

1) It's there. Pop it early to get a bit of healing and a free ticket to huge power boost early game. Facing an assassin like Loki, Serqet, Awilix, or any melee pop it and they have to take some damage if they want your nonexistent butt crack. Use it while shredding towers to either 1. Get your passive or 2. Trigger a poly proc to shit on the tower. If any of you are seriously using it offensively (walking in and popping 1) then you are seriously playing her wrong. Late game It'll do a great amount of healing which helps such a squishy Mage like her especially if you don't build Warlock Sash. It's meant to unlock the full potential of her kit through her passive and overall damage, and to punish the melees.
    You're acting like if a Loki, Serqet, or Awilix ults you, your 1 alone will kill them or save you. All they have to do after they ult you is land one or two basics. In the time you're casting your 1, you're probably in a bad position anyways if Awilix were to ult you, you'd be dead and they'd walk out of your 1 which does shit damage anyways. There is no casting your 1 or 3 because they instakill you within a matter of 1 or 2 seconds after they ult you. The damage that they'll take from your 1 if you even have time to cast it would be so little.
    The power boost for her passive is meh for said reasons.

She is a hybrid burst and hunter Mage. Not a burst Mage so don't compare her to Scylla, not a complete hunter Mage so don't compare her to Freya, not a weaker clone of Chronos so don't compare her to him, she's Sol. Let her have her own kit with its own variety.
    She could be a flying potato sorcerer fire mage lvl 99 woodcutting skill for all I care, her kit is still shit. It's just the fact that other mages are simply better..

3) In and out. Your free counter to Odin, Ymir, Cabra, etc. use-
    I see how she "counters" odin and cabra (and ymir's wall). In the sense that she can escape their ults. I'm not gonna lie, she does have few good things in her kit. I never bashed her incorporeal form itself. I said it was useful.

Yeah I give up there's so much to say but guess I'm too experienced with her that I actually know how to play with her.
    Here we go again. Someone playing the "You're not experienced with her, and I am." card. You got me, man. I activated your trap card. My "This god is bad" card has been sent to the graveyard.

But all I have to really say give her the stun on her 3 back and she'll be amazing. Shut your mouth about her ult and learn how to play SOL.
    I like how you had absolutely nothing to say about her ult, just "shut up about it". Even you know it's useless. It's crap. They could at least give her an ult that has some CC or area damage or something that doesn't knock people.. out of the ult or maybe just anything that is actually useful. Her ult is so bad it can be a 1st or 2nd ability with like 5 sec cooldown, no one would complain or think it's op.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    My main gripe with Sol is and will always be the fact that her ultimate, this so called "Supernova" is no Supernova.
    You know what? This is actually a good idea. If she were to turn into a star and explode, causing a supernova and ultimately a blackhole that sucks enemies in, that would be amazing. I wouldn't have a problem with an ult like that.
    It makes sense... I don't know a lot about space but I mean she's the goddess of the sun. So.. gravity, blackholes, supernovas, solar flares and all that.. sounds more interesting than her current kit.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Buff, spit, flee. Buff again, recover some health, flee. Do that until they are at 10% health or so. Ult and pray. Destroy towers. Buff, spit, flee...

She's the worst design ever. It was already bad when she could 100-0 people with a single ability, now she's weak on top of boring.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Why is Ah Puch bad?

His ult is just useless, does nothing, his 1 is just slow and not real dmg, his 3 is hard to confirm and does bad dmg, useless, his only dmg ability is his 2, but even then he need to find corpses to explode it.

Why is Hades bad?

has only one real dmg ability, leap is bad, silence is bad

Why is Poseidon bad, because of aegis, buff please.

Why is ZK bad?
    he only has 1 dmg ability, and need to use his 1 to have even some sort of decent stun, his ult removes his passive.
    (sol has too easy passive to stack compared to zk ;> )

This is how you made Sol sound like she would be "Bad unplayable trash"
    there are worse mages than she is, she is not in "bad position" like you make her look like, anyone can make gods look like trash, just like I did above ^ In all honesty I do not think any of those gods listed are bad, neither is Sol, I can smell biased opinions here

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Why is ZK bad?
    he only has 1 dmg ability, and need to use his 1 to have even some sort of decent stun, his ult removes his passive.
    (sol has too easy passive to stack compared to zk ;> )
    what? Zhong Kui passive DOESN'T fade over time, like Sol's do.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Member Follower
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I still remember all the 'sol is OP' threats and now we get this one? I think she's fine, she should get her polynomicon proc back maybe, that nerf wasn't needed

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    what? Zhong Kui passive DOESN'T fade over time, like Sol's do.
    I was being sarcastic in my post, it was not serious, I even mentioned it in the post, and btw, it does fade when he ults.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami4 View Post
    I still remember all the 'sol is OP' threats and now we get this one?
    she was overnerfed exactly because of how much "Sol is OP" threads was...

Quote Originally Posted by Swami4 View Post
    I think she's fine, she should get her polynomicon proc back maybe, that nerf wasn't needed
    they won't for sure. and it won't make her ok anyway. her abilities is ok in current stat, but her aa is totaly suck.

to make her good, Hi-Rez should focus on her most weak points - aa damage and damage confirmation.

her aa is suck because of 2 reasons:

first is a fact, that her actuall aa damage(without passive) is lower than majority of mages have, its 34+(1.45 per lvl), majoriti of mages have 35+(1.5 per lvl). this is realy wrong thing for aa based mage, she should deal damage with aa, but she just CAN'T, her aa by default is weaker than other mages have...

second reason is her passive. when she was released, she was OP, but what made her OP? she was OP because she had her 2 that procs EVERYTHING at once, so that ability alone was enough to get squishi target to extremely low hp, if not to kill them, that wasn't ok. but what Hi-Rez did? instead of her 2, they nerfed her passive for no fkn reason, so her aa become weak, but she still was OP due to her 2 - source of her OPness - wasn't nerfed, then they nerfed her 2 finaly, but didn't revert passive nerf... so she lose her main damage and her OPness, but her aa was weak allready, so it couldn't compensatye a fact, that she has 1 offencive ability. and like it wasn't enough, they removed her stun... they removed HARDEST stun in the game, a one that realy takes a skill, only thing in her kit, outside of ult, that realy takes a skill to use. i still can't find any logic in a way they use to nerf her...

to make her ok, they should increase extra aa damage at 100% heat(or replace it to aa scaling with mag power) and bring her stun back.
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 07-07-2016 at 08:37 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured SinDreadElla's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    because sol is a badguy!
    Ba dum tss.
    I light-heartedly joked about this as well in Sol's datamining thread but no one got the reference. People were even lecturing me a few posts down below just because they didn't get the joke or the reference. (.___. )

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, reading that post now reminded me of how they just stopped the Mayan pantheon at Camazotz for quite a REALLY long while now.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    People got too used to cheesing with her 2 shotting people with her noskill 2, and now that she can't do that anymore people think she's "bad", instead of adjusting and play her properly.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!