Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Sol Bad?

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Why Is Sol Bad?

* Her ult is useless. I mean it does shit damage.. after doing said shit damage, it knocks them out of the way so you don't do anymore shit damage. Imagine if Hade's ult knocks people out of his ult. I'm not sure what the point of her ult is. Maybe I'm missing something. It just seems like you slide it across the screen and knock a few enemies back briefly, doing shit damage to them. That's her ult.

* Her 3 is just a crappier sprint. The incorporeal form is actually useful but there are so many powerful gods and Sol is so squishy. By the time someone attacks you and you realize what's going on and you activate your 3, you're dead. Literally any god that deals some damage is easily capable of killing you before you become incorporeal.

* It takes 20 basic attacks (if they hit) to fully charge her passive. 20 basic attacks. Why... Yes, you can almost fully charge her passive by using her 1 and 2, but meanwhile Raijin fully charges his passive by hitting the air 4 times. Then her passive goes away after like 5 quick seconds. It's kind of annoying when you have to charge Sol's passive if you want to any damage.

* Her only actual damaging ability is her 2. That's it. and if you want her 2 to do as much damage as it could (which is ALMOST half of an enemy god's hp) you would have to build full damage and fully charge her passive and build poly, then land a basic so that you can kill them after you lower their hp with her 2. It's not even sol's kit that is doing the damage. It's the fact that she has a full damage build with poly and the basic attack is what's killing the slightly injured enemy. Literally any other mage can do what sol does. Use an ability then land the basic attack for poly.

* It feels like when playing Sol, you do shit damage, but you have to jump through hoops to do okay damage. When other gods do good damage and jump through hoops to do amazing damage. That being said, currently, Sol's passive isn't a strength, but a weakness. I'm guessing they thought if Sol did okay damage to start off with, the passive would allow her to do amazing damage and that would be too op.. so they make her do shit damage to start off with so the passive allows her to do... okay damage. If that makes sense.

* In order to really do any damage, she would have to be within basic attack range. For a mage as squishy as Sol, that's probably not the best position to be in if there's another mage, hunter, tank with CC, or basically anyone that can do anything at all within a basic attack's range.

I guess I answered my own question with this thread. This is probably why I never see anyone playing Sol anymore. She just doesn't bring as much to the table as the other mages, what with 2 useless abilities.

My suggestion would be to trash her ult, and give her a faster to activate incorporeal form ability. Something like "Sol loses her corporeal form and transforms into a small sun that sets ablaze anything that gets too close." So KIND of like Kali's ult I guess, only she doesn't get her health back if she were to kill an enemy god.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I disagree.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Sol is a mess. Her kit sucks, her hybrid style sucks.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Honestly, she just needs a better steroid and maybe some better CC. As it stands, she's the bottom of the ADC mage barrel.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBads View Post
    I disagree.
    Very good counter argument
    Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience. Our problem is that people all over the world have obeyed the dictates of leaders…Our problem is that people are obedient allover the world in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves… (and) the grand thieves are running the country. That’s our problem.” – Howard Zinn

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Velooo View Post
    But he is right, Sol is not bad, might not be as strong Chronos or Freya is, but that does not make Sol weak.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Sol is just an easier version of Chronos. Consequently, she is inferior to him. She can take towers faster than he can earlier into the game, but she has a worse steroid and AA damage than him. The only things she has going for her are her poke and ability to chase someone down with her 3 before running away.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Velooo View Post
    I do agree.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Sol isn't bad she's just hard to play. I play sol often and know she has a steep learning curve. A lot of hard gods are called bad because they're hard to play. Ullr for example gets played by new players and they do terrible but there is still the occasional super amazing Ullr with hundreds of wins.

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Sol really isn't bad. It's like JustRun said, she's just hard to play. Her passive when fully heated heals her and does alot of damage late game. As well as I have seen many Sol's work her ult amazingly
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio