Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Sol Bad?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Really, Sol just needs a few buffs, nothing too drastic. If you could freely go into fireball mode without having to wait out the full duration, have 25% extra scaling and MS from passive instead of AA damage and power, and get the AS and magical power instead from using 1, she would be far more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    People got too used to cheesing with her 2 shotting people with her noskill 2, and now that she can't do that anymore people think she's "bad", instead of adjusting and play her properly.
    Pretty much. She will still be ultimately inferior to Chronos, though. All she has is the ability to easily take towers early in the game without need for items and a great and accessible poke, while Chronos has better AA damage thanks to 55% AA scaling from passive, a longer steroid that isn't interrupted, and a sustain/escape ult that is better than Sol's 3 and can be activated whenever.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    all she need is aa buff(may be 25%(or less?) aa scaling instead of 25% extra aa damage?) and her stun back, nothing more. she will be balanced even with her wierd kit.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Sol is fine. Still a pretty safe pickup in most comps and is extremely easy to play.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    all she need is aa buff(may be 25%(or less?) aa scaling instead of 25% extra aa damage?) and her stun back, nothing more. she will be balanced even with her wierd kit.
    Not gonna search for your other post, but you asked her stun back? if I remember correctly, before you said that the stun is useless and has no place in the game, so why would you want it back if its so useless?

Senior Member Honoured GroundStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    the issue with sol is her passive, she was balanced with poly on 2 as mage (comparable with other mages) but that passive made her an adc and with 2 burst mages she was OP in team comps. if they changed her passive and gave her poly back on her 2 then she would be equal to other burst mages. Creating adc mages creates unbalance in general. now she is a little under powered

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Not gonna search for your other post, but you asked her stun back? if I remember correctly, before you said that the stun is useless and has no place in the game, so why would you want it back if its so useless?
    He probly realized how good it was as a zoning tool.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Y'all crazy, I love sol. I never play her as an ADC though, I run her mid. I think she's better there. Maybe when golden bow goes away she'll be more viable as an ADC, but as a mid I just think she has tremendous lane pressure.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So, I'm just wondering, of the people who say "Sol is Bad", how many of you buy Soul Stone as your starter? Because if you do, and you realize that item was *made* for her, you would see that she's one of the biggest lane bullies early game in Mid.

Then, I'm also wondering, who here has tried to build Fatalis on Sol? Because whereas her main kit doesn't have very easy kill potential, as long as you can hit autos, once you get a squishy down to 25%, you can go full ham on them chasing them with autos and even kill them under tower trololol'ing away with your 3 afterwards. And Fatalis isn't necessary on her, but it sure as hell is fun. (To the people who claim "but she has Fatalis in her kit!", you have to realize that there's a *huge* advantage in being able to use one of the best escapes in the game... defensively.)

Her ult may not be one of the biggest damage dealers, but when a team fight starts, if you throw her ult right into the middle of the enemy team, you can disrupt the entire team fight, separating a few key targets.

Sol is in no way "bad". She has easier-to-confirm damage than most mages in the game, extremely strong early game pressure and poke, safety built into every part of her kit, decent team fight presence and terrifying split-push potential.

Senior Member Honoured Gl0wball's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered
    Her passive stacks diapear too fast. It´s such a pain early game.

The Rest is fine
    Pro Clash Player (Best Mode)

Ez Kills: Loki --- Ez Life: Chang`e --- Ez Game: Hades

Never caugt, never pinned down: Agni

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Sol is fine. Still a pretty safe pickup in most comps and is extremely easy to play.
    easy to play desn't mean good. she is a mage, offencive mage(there is also support and utility mages), she should deal damage and kill enemy gods, but somehow she is bad with it. may be she can deal ok damage, butt any god with any sort of mobility can easily escape from her, this is not ok at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    no, you don't remember correctly. i asked to remove poly proc from her 2 and revert passive nerf in S2 threads, in S3 threads, when they said, that they gonna remove her stun, i said, that it doesn't change anything if they won't remove poly proc...

Quote Originally Posted by GroundStorm View Post
    the issue with sol is her passive, she was balanced with poly on 2 as mage (comparable with other mages) but that passive made her an adc and with 2 burst mages she was OP in team comps. if they changed her passive and gave her poly back on her 2 then she would be equal to other burst mages. Creating adc mages creates unbalance in general. now she is a little under powered
    poly proc won't back, i hope... a god that can deal 80% of you hp by a single ranged ability is difinition of OP for ppl. she doesn't need it, she need to become stronger, but not OP again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    He probly realized how good it was as a zoning tool.
    no, im not, i said in S2 threads, that her stun is nearly impossible to land and your enemy should be an idiot to get it. i still think the same, but at least it takes a skill to use and if enemy god(s) got that stun, they deserve to die...

Quote Originally Posted by DeanO View Post
    Y'all crazy, I love sol. I never play her as an ADC though, I run her mid. I think she's better there. Maybe when golden bow goes away she'll be more viable as an ADC, but as a mid I just think she has tremendous lane pressure.
    and what do you do? use her 2 and follow up by her aa, that deal poor damage? this is her problem, she has 1 offencive ability, but her aa deal too low damage to finish enemy god after her 2...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorFace View Post
    So, I'm just wondering, of the people who say "Sol is Bad", how many of you buy Soul Stone as your starter? Because if you do, and you realize that item was *made* for her, you would see that she's one of the biggest lane bullies early game in Mid.
    Soul Stone wasn't made for her, it was made a long time before Sol release...

Then, I'm also wondering, who here has tried to build Fatalis on Sol? Because whereas her main kit doesn't have very easy kill potential, as long as you can hit autos, once you get a squishy down to 25%, you can go full ham on them chasing them with autos and even kill them under tower trololol'ing away with your 3 afterwards. And Fatalis isn't necessary on her, but it sure as hell is fun. (To the people who claim "but she has Fatalis in her kit!", you have to realize that there's a *huge* advantage in being able to use one of the best escapes in the game... defensively.)
    i build fatalis for her sometimes, just for fun. do you know what even more fun? destroy enemy tower when enemy god is there, but can't catch you due to fatalis passive

Sol is in no way "bad". She has easier-to-confirm damage than most mages in the game, extremely strong early game pressure and poke, safety built into every part of her kit, decent team fight presence and terrifying split-push potential.
    easier to confirm damage than most mages? realy? lets say you gonna throw your 2 in enemy, a single minion(Ah Puch corpse, Sylvanus flower, anything) betwin you and him, and your 2 won't hit him... and look at, lets say, Scylla, she use her 2 and there you go.

about early game presure, its her another problem, because she is difinitely late game god, but her early game, somehow is stronger than her late game, compared to other late game gods...

about split push... her split push is too easy to shut down, due too she is not soo god in a fight. she is safe, yes, but if someone came to stop your split push, you should kill him to keep moving, but Sol is bad in kill confirmation...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 07-09-2016 at 02:10 AM.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel