Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: An ideia to get rid of classes

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    An overly complex system that will confuse players more than help them, absolutely not.
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I feel like "AA-based" and "ability-based" should be tags. It would have really helped me when I first tried Osiris to know I'm not supposed to focus on using my abilities. Hell, going into this game, I didn't even think AA gods would be a thing.
    Was kinda the opposite with me when I started this game, in fact Osiris was my "first" god I played,
    http://smite.guru/censor/match/hr/32702
    that was pretty much my usual osiris build back when was new

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    An overly complex system that will confuse players more than help them, absolutely not.
    I'm editing the original post. I ask you all to pay more attention to the tag part than to the "remove classes".

If a mod can edit the title, I'd like to change it to "An idea: tagging gods in-game".
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 07-02-2016 at 08:35 AM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Lots of people are saying that this is too radical and not user friendly, confusing for newbies. The fact is, classes mean something (ex: warrior = physical melee, higher defensive stats than assassin). Just not enough.

So you convinced me that we don't need to remove classes. But I maintain that we need tags. How user friendly that can be is something to the design department - I believe it can be made in a clear way.
    Tags like: High CC, High sustain? Yeah, we already have that. could they make it more in-depth? Yeah, but they're not going to add entire paragraphs of what they're good at. We don't need to remove classes and the "tags" you're asking for are already in the game and adding to much to those tags can be just as much as a negative as a positive. Adding to many tags will just confuse people what that gods true purpose is. The only thing I would like to add to tags would be what position they are best at.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Tags like: High CC, High sustain? Yeah, we already have that. could they make it more in-depth? Yeah, but they're not going to add entire paragraphs of what they're good at. We don't need to remove classes and the "tags" you're asking for are already in the game and adding to much to those tags can be just as much as a negative as a positive. Adding to many tags will just confuse people what that gods true purpose is. The only thing I would like to add to tags would be what position they are best at.
    The main point of the proposal is that you can tag your own gods and, if a significant number of players do the same, they would appear - marked differently - to other players. Remember that we're talking about hundreds of thousands of players here. Just let make tags more relevant.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here