Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An ideia to get rid of classes

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSpider View Post
    I think they explain it well in the tutorials how classes work. Are there any gods you think are misclassed?

Video games that have items, stats, abilities, level, etc. In those types of games you need to study and play a lot to know how everything works. Its not made for kids. Thats what new players need to understand. You search "smite builds" on google and you will learn about smitefire.
    They don't really explain it very well at all. They don't go into the intricacies of each class; guardians have it worst here, being played up as little more than tanks when most have enough damage to give squishies a run for their money.

Smitefire's guardian builds are something quite atrocious; the website is generally unreliable, and should be taken with a grain of salt.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The only thing I would like to get rid is the whole physical vs magical thing. It would be more fun if we could access all items on every god. It would be easier to balance and less time consuming for Hi-Rez to work on one items pool rather than two separate itemization groups.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    The suggestion just sounds like a logistic mess that pretends to be exhaustive and to-the-point, but that's a paradox and it's neither of those things. I do not see the value of it over the classes.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i personally dont see whats wrong with classes, and each god already has a handful of things listed as what theyre good at. this system is the easiest to understand i think.
    We did it!!!

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    The idea is cute, but it would take too much effort and memory to properly implement it for really only little gain. Would be better to do on an external source, but nobody cares about them.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by shikakrux View Post
    i personally dont see whats wrong with classes, and each god already has a handful of things listed as what theyre good at. this system is the easiest to understand i think.
    The problem is it's outright wrong at times, and leads to players thinking every single class has to do one thing specifically. Mages are seen as having to go glass cannon, and guardians are seen as having to go full tank. Neither is truly optimal.

Muh Concepts

Sitting in my corner waiting for Zhong Kui to get a skin
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Classes are both bad and good. They do show where most gods stand: Mage class - more squishy, but deal high damage, but of course not true for all mages, in fact mages like Hades could make it into a different class, so it kinda throws off the mage class. The only thing I see wrong with it is that people assume that every god in the same class play the same exact role. However looking at their class does give an idea of what that god is like most of the time. Idk if classes should completely go, it would just be better if people stop assuming god roles
    What Doesn't Kill Me... Better Start Running

Buff Artio

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Problem for me is the new players that come to the game, they see the class assassin and insta lock.. why? because to them it sounds cool and sounds like youll have fun being an assassin and then walla you have 4 instalocked assasins, if players could learn to play all types of roles from early on we wont have idiots in higher level games that can only play one class due to the early level habits they gain because they instalock loki 500 times.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The problem is it's outright wrong at times, and leads to players thinking every single class has to do one thing specifically. Mages are seen as having to go glass cannon, and guardians are seen as having to go full tank. Neither is truly optimal.
    "optimal" builds are subjective due to the large amount of passives that come with items. sure, some builds are better than others, but at some point it just depends on player preference. if someone prefers to go glass cannon mage, thats up to them. if they decide to go hybrid mage, thats also up to them.

i agree that some class labels can seem off, for example when i saw erlang shens kit, i was sure hed be an assassin. but the fact that hes labeled "warrior" wont stop me from building him like an auto-attack based assassin.
    We did it!!!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by shikakrux View Post
    "optimal" builds are subjective due to the large amount of passives that come with items. sure, some builds are better than others, but at some point it just depends on player preference. if someone prefers to go glass cannon mage, thats up to them. if they decide to go hybrid mage, thats also up to them.

i agree that some class labels can seem off, for example when i saw erlang shens kit, i was sure hed be an assassin. but the fact that hes labeled "warrior" wont stop me from building him like an auto-attack based assassin.
    "Optimal" isn't objective. The fact is that there will always be a build that's more effective than the rest, and glass cannon/full tank builds are never those builds. Glass cannons aren't affordable in this meta; not with hunters running around. How you build is up to you, but you're better off building a certain way as opposed to another.

"Warrior" entails tankiness, whereas "assassin" entails squishiness. Erlang Shen, as we're led to believe, is tanky. This is part of why he's probably OP; he's not squishy, so the answer isn't to simply kill him first because you can't.

Muh Concepts