Thread: Why does solo que have to be so bad?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Why does solo que have to be so bad?

This game would be a lot better if it were playable when friends aren't online outside of ranked duel, which gets boring after a while IMO. But damn, I'm 100% convinced that the only algorithm that exists with the matchmaker on PS4 is 10 people que'ing up at the same time.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Solo queue is "bad" because you are the only consistency between matches; also matchmaking. Everyone has "bad" queues, but it applies to more than just solo queue since you can have bad games even when queued with friends. The only issue here is that people aren't being educated on how to play the most "important" (I use this lightly since it is the game mode that the game is balanced round) game mode being Conquest, as such, people play Arena, and forget that objectives exist and then they enter Conquest so they don't understand the premise of that game mode.
    Essentially, your ELO causes people with similar ELO to be matched (instances excluding where the queue takes 5 minutes or so before popping) and as such, you get matched with "similarly" skilled players, however, the system feels flawed in that it matches you with people who have similar ELO, but not skill level.
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Gamertag: TsuToNami
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I think ALOT of the issue is as tsunami said too many ppl only playing arena or assault. I've been thinking that they need to separate the casual conquest from the rest of the casual ELO system just like ranked is. Removing elo Gain/loss from those 2 game modes would also help. personally I would like conquest to Have its own que with a few variations ie NON BLIND PICK, draft mode like ranked, draft mode no bans, random draft, captains draft, limited god pool draft, limited god pool all pick. and since it would be it's own separate que it would have its own ELO....

Member Follower
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    the matchmaking on PS4 is pure fucking aids, 20 death feeders in 100% of games. Impossible to play if your friends aren't on, which they aren't lately much. This game could be good, but not with just 100% random matchmaking like it is. The only requirements are being que'd at the same time.

Junior Member Cupidhead XGCoHitokiri's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    PS4 will have issues with skill levels for awhile because the game has not been out on PS4 for that long and I have been told people still do not know how to build and/or play. Moba's have not been a popular type of game on console's until this generation therefore the skill is going to be behind that of people who play moba's on PC since MOBA's in general have been a thing on PC for a lot longer.