• No

10 76.92%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Nox Thread

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Wink The Nox Thread

Lets start by making some passive comparisons shall we?
    Look at He Bo's passive, then look at Nox's.

He Bo has a 3 second cd on his 1 ability and was recently buffed so that he may spam his abilities even more.
    His passive makes sense since he can actually do that.
    >3 abilities for 15% scaling for 5 seconds<

Nox spams all her abilities in fountain and she would get her full passive. But half the time I would lose those to: minions, DoTs and DoTs.
    In order for her to make use of her kit and passive to its full potential, she needs either: CC from a different source, gank or use her kit defensively.
    >4 abilities for 12% scaling forever until you decide to actually fight or clear a wave or jungle camp<

Now Janus's:
    Every time he goes through a portal or threshold he gets his passive.
    >1 ability for 15% scaling forever until you press a button<

Now Raijin's:
    HAHAHA!! He gets 100% of his power as extra damage when he hits something AND has raiju which makes him hit like a truck pretty much just with 1 one ability. (I know it's 2 but I mean like a damaging ability)
    >4 AAs for 100% GG<

Anyway the bottom line of this is that Nox needs a rework.
    Again...
    And I'm tired of explaining myself why.

She's annoying to play versus and as.
    She gets her combo on you and you're like "OK WELL I'M DEAD GUYS"
    You miss it as her and you're like "OK GUYS YOU DON'T HAVE A MAGE FOR 10 SECONDS" (and btw you didn't even scratch your enemies)

I got 4.3k worshipers with her and I've been trying my hardest to like her and become a great Nox player.
    And yeah I gave up because there are simply much easier mages out there that kinda do the same thing except for the "OK WELL I'M DEAD GUYS" part.

Please share your thoughts with me on this my fellow friends >.<

OH! and Hi-Rez, if you do keep her current kit, do me a favor and create an impossible achievement that's simply: Get a Penta with Nox (I bet nobody ever did that)

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I got an unofficial penta with Nox. I got a quad, but I got Sobek's kill (yes, I killed all of them) just a bit too late because of his tankiness. Damn 5 second shit.

If you want her to have a better passive, just make it so only enemy gods take a flame away once every 5 seconds so DoTs don't fuck her over.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Her kit is fine. She's a glass cannon. If she hits, she hits hard, if she misses, then she's down for a few seconds. Her entire kit is skill shot based. She, 90% of the time, needs to land her combo to deal any sort of damage. Technically speaking her kit is fine the way it is, it does what it needs to do. However, her passive on the other hand is absolute shit. If it was her old passive, basically the same thing, but ANY ability used by her or NEAR her activated a flame, then it might be a better passive for her.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    >OP
    A re-re-work? Hah, sorry, but no. She only needs her passive buffed so that her candles are blown out by gods, not minions.

Plus she is really strong by herself, no buff or rework needed. Just the weak passive
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Achievements:
    My problem with her is this:
    Nox has a high skill floor and low skill ceiling. So when you do finally understand the way she works, you can't get any better than that.

So now I have a question that concerns only Nox players who got her to rank X or more.
    What is your win% with her? I'm stuck at 50% since forever.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilkur View Post
    My problem with her is this:
    Nox has a high skill floor and low skill ceiling. So when you do finally understand the way she works, you can't get any better than that.

So now I have a question that concerns only Nox players who got her to rank X or more.
    What is your win% with her? I'm stuck at 50% since forever.
    Smite attempts to keep your win rate overall, and with gods, at 50%. I enjoy playing her and I play her well 80% of the time, but my win rate is at 47% currently cause I keep getting shite teammates who either troll me or don't know what the hell they are doing.

Also rank X, or mastery 10, is the highest you can get a god, There is no 'more'.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    Also rank X, or mastery 10, is the highest you can get a god, There is no 'more'.
    Yeah I know but what I guess I meant was 1k+ worshipers

Senior Member Prestigious AcidTheWarlock's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter
    Nox needs a rework for her stupid amount of damage and CC.

She's stupid OP, like everyone knows, but she's squishy enough that you can kill her quick if the player doesn't know what to do.

Then again, it takes a special person to be bad at Nox.

No buffs.

Fix her kit then talk to me.
    BANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAA

ACIDTHEWARLOOOOOOCK

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidTheWarlock View Post
    Nox needs a rework for her stupid amount of damage and CC.

She's stupid OP, like everyone knows, but she's squishy enough that you can kill her quick if the player doesn't know what to do.

Then again, it takes a special person to be bad at Nox.

No buffs.

Fix her kit then talk to me.
    Her kit is fine. Her main clear is from her main damaging ability. And its down for 12 seconds or so without CDR. If you can catch her when that ability is down, she is screwed. There are a multitude of ways to get out of her combo. Smite has ways to cleanse cc out the butt. If you are getting hit by HER SKILL SHOT (which is SLOW MOVING and SHORT RANGE), and you get killed by it, you deserve to die by it. You got careless. Nox has HUGE warning signs when she is about to combo you, like its impossible to ignore and miss those tells.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNightblade View Post
    Her kit is fine. Her main clear is from her main damaging ability. And its down for 12 seconds or so without CDR. If you can catch her when that ability is down, she is screwed. There are a multitude of ways to get out of her combo. Smite has ways to cleanse cc out the butt. If you are getting hit by HER SKILL SHOT (which is SLOW MOVING and SHORT RANGE), and you get killed by it, you deserve to die by it. You got careless. Nox has HUGE warning signs when she is about to combo you, like its impossible to ignore and miss those tells.
    Her 1 actually has 10 more range than most ranged basics and line attacks, at 65 range. Only other attack I know with that range is Awilix's 3.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.