Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Loki Rework

  1. #21
    Senior Member Honoured MaverickSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    561
    8
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacø View Post
    Interesting concept, but I doubt Hi-Rez will never change his kit, at least that major. Some people would quit the game.
    I don't think anyone would care if people who only play Loki for the easy 1-3-4 kills quit. The less of those players, the better.

    As for this rework, it could use some tweaks but overall is really cool. The only big problem with it is his ult being really boring and un-impactful. It also is a pretty blatant copy of Fiora from LoL's passive/ultimate. I do like where the rework is going though, keep working on it.

  2. #22
    Member Follower Irrrrakli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    196
    5
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Can we have some feedback from devs on this? This is really cool idea.

  3. #23
    Member Worshipper EnemaGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    На масата
    Posts
    384
    6
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    7
    I'm pretty sure devs won't even see this thread. Many have tried (including me) to convince Hi-Rez to start working on Loki but they are just ok with current Loki. They even said it that most likely there won't be any changes to Loki. Only slight direct nefs in the best scenarios. To everyone who thinks that they got an amazing idea for Loki - I'm not telling you to give up, just don't expect miracles.

    EDIT:
    About the specific Loki rework mentioned in this thread I like the way you try to make him unique - for example that "scramble" skill can be useful in moments where time matters a lot. It will be pain in the ass to look which skill where is placed. Though I think the Mischief skill is ... kinda both OP too strange. I don't know why but that x2 damage from allies and not being able to be healed nor getting back to fountain is too... "usefull?" in my opinion. Basically you totally just delete the targeted god from the game - he cannot use his abilities, he cannot be healed, he cannot back to base (theoretically because otherwise he will die) + ally dummies can panic and mistaken him for the real Loki and that x2 damage in most times of panic will kill him. The only remaining thing for the targeted god is to basic attack while keeping his items.
    (I honestly don't think how this is going to work. Imagine Loki using Mischief on Vulcan for example - they change places but the real Vulcan remains with magical items. What damage is he going to do while in the form of physical god with magical items? Am I not fully understanding the skill or it's... just... poorly designed?)
    About his ult as someone mentioned before it really looks like Fiora's ult from League of Legends. I don't know if you know Fiora or at least play League of Legends but it's basically the same. Also - he marks every god? Aaand I guess it is basic-attack centered? Otherwise I cannot imagine how would it work with abilities (how will the ability be determined if it hits on the specific side of the enemy god? Again example with Vulcan - if he ults that means he will 100% hit his "exposed" side and will get that 30% damage increase). Also I noticed something - "and allies of Loki will deal 30% extra damage". Does that means that Loki doesn't actually benefits from his ultimate? Or it's just a mistake?
    Last edited by EnemaGod; 08-23-2016 at 03:46 PM.

  4. #24
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead illusion17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    75
    7
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    That 3 sounds even more cancerous then his current kit... but fitting in a way.

  5. #25
    Member Worshipper ChrisRobare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Posts
    345
    4
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Passive:
    Trickster - Whenever Loki gets hit by a basic attack, that enemy's abilities will become scrambled for 5 seconds. This only applies once to a specific God and will be refreshed every 15 seconds once applied.

    Maybe not 5 seconds it seems like 3 seconds of this would be better. That's just my feeling.



    Ability 1:
    Illusion - Loki creates an area of illusion. Enemy Gods from outside of the illusion can see Loki but once stepped in can no longer. Enemy Gods who step in the illusion shall not escape until the duration runs out unless they leap, dash, teleport or purification out of it. If more enemy Gods step inside, they will see their own allies as Loki making them confused of who is who. Loki and his allies are free to move around and can see Loki at all times. (Special affects such as Geb shield or special buffs that can be seen can expose Loki).
    Duration: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6
    Radius: 40
    Channel time: 1 second
    Cool Down: 20 seconds
    This seems like a good idea... but for his ultimate. It seems you took the concept of Odin's ult (Loki's nemesis from what I undestand, I'm not very well versed in Norse mythology) but shifted it so that it gives it a uniqueness that fits Loki's personality as a trickster. As a concept for his ultimate I'd increase the cooldown to 70 seconds, increase the min duration to 7 seconds and the max duration to 10 seconds. and just remove the channel altogether.


    Ability 2:
    Decoy - Loki creates an exact decoy of himself (with Loki's current stats) that he may cast to whichever direction and distance. Once the decoy has reached that destination to which Loki has chosen, that decoy will attack nearby minions but NOT players. Once killed or if the duration runs out, the decoy will explode. If Loki dies early, his decoy will explode dealing half damage. (Decoy doesn't attract minions but if the decoy is alone with no ally wave, or if the decoy attacks a camp first, the minions/creeps will attack the decoy. Also the decoy cannot attack objectives).
    Decoy's Lifetime: 10s
    Explosion Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+100% of your physical power)
    Explosion Radius: 20

    Cool Down: 14 seconds
    Great way to make his decoy somewhat decoyish and even confuse some players.


    Ability 3:
    Mischief - Loki chooses a single enemy to switch looks with. When the enemy God gets chosen, that enemy God will look like Loki and Loki will look like that enemy God. During this time, the enemy God can get damaged by his allies dealing double damage if gets hit. If the enemy ally kills him/her, the kill goes to Loki. While Loki looks like the enemy God, he cannot use his abilities and he slowly gain stacks that increase his next basic attack (which will be a close range attack). Once Loki attacks, the ability will be canceled and revert back to normal both the enemy and Loki. If either the victim or Loki dies, then the ability will also be canceled.
    (If the victim tries to back into his fountain, he will be killed, giving it to Loki, the victim cannot get healed by his allies or buffed and will be looked and treated as the actual enemy Loki. The enemy will contain the same basic attacks as Loki but unable to use any abilities and items will be the same as before. If the enemy dies, his repawn is reduced by half. Loki may cancel this ability anytime)
    Duration: 30 seconds.
    Max stacks: 15
    5 stacks per 2 seconds.
    5 power per stack.

    Cool Down: 25 seconds.
    30 seconds? Seems a little bit ridiculous. So he an be attacked by both teams aoe and otherwise? Then loki is only vulnerable to one team as well as one person being basically silenced for 30 seconds. I might not be getting this exactly but it seems quite overpowered. To balance it in my eyes bring the duration WAY down 5-7 seconds tops. Remove the fountain damage(imagine spawning in to stop the enemies from killing the titan and half your health is gone before you can move) and if there is going to be any ally damage make it a quarter of the damage they're actually doing AND you damage yourself with aoe abilities (minus thing such as nu wa's clay soldiers and Vulcan's turret). I like the cooldown time where you put it but it should not go on cooldown until the ability ends.


    NEW
    Ability 4:
    Backstab - Loki double crosses his enemies and exposes a weakness either on the front, side or back of all enemy Gods on the map. Enemies will have one of those sides marked and allies of Loki will deal 30% extra damage if they hit on those specific sides.
    Duration: 10s
    30% more damage on the marked side
    Cool Down: 90s

    Sounds like a great ability but you should switch it to his first ability and make it single target. I've never played league of legends so I've no idea if you've taken this idea from another character in any case my take on it is a 15 second cool down that goes down to 10 as it is leveled and make it it so as you level it'll go up to 30% damage so start at 10/15/20/25/30 so the scaling isn't broken early game but late game if someone gets out of position then you can take advantage of that. Maybe also add in a small amount of damage such as (not sure about the numbers myself) at max rank 200 +40% of loki's physical power.

    Overall I like your kit and it makes him a much more balanced assassin. I apologize if you didn't like my changing of your proposed abilities it just seemed your versions were quite a bit over the top.
    Last edited by ChrisRobare; 08-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    lol why cant people just leave loki alone? he is completely balanced you have some that say "he isnt balanced he can decoy and leave lane but he its not OP" you want a rework for loki? il tell yo exactly how to get it to happen! if loki sucks and useless. give explnations on why he is useless with his kit. if he sucks and the reason you would want a rework on him is because he can leave lane with decoy. thats saying you think he is OP. if you think he sucks in a underpowered way he needs a buff not a rework. can someone explain to me why loki needs a rework so bad? he is perectly fine and people love him! the only people who seem to support this are the people who play against him. SO MANY loki mains love his kit the way it is. me as a loki main i loveeee his kit.

  7. #27
    Member Worshipper ChrisRobare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Posts
    345
    4
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    lol why cant people just leave loki alone? he is completely balanced you have some that say "he isnt balanced he can decoy and leave lane but he its not OP" you want a rework for loki? il tell yo exactly how to get it to happen! if loki sucks and useless. give explnations on why he is useless with his kit. if he sucks and the reason you would want a rework on him is because he can leave lane with decoy. thats saying you think he is OP. if you think he sucks in a underpowered way he needs a buff not a rework. can someone explain to me why loki needs a rework so bad? he is perectly fine and people love him! the only people who seem to support this are the people who play against him. SO MANY loki mains love his kit the way it is. me as a loki main i loveeee his kit.
    Loki's teamfight potential is bad you can't see damage numbers if he goes invisible the only way is to stun gun to name him turn visible. His kit is also unimaginative and rather boring for a MAJORITY of players. No not all players think he's boring.
    His damage is far too high for such a low skill floor god. I'm sure i missed a few major points for him so others be sure to fill him in on the rest of him.

  8. #28
    Member Worshipper ImTard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    377
    3
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    lol why cant people just leave loki alone? he is completely balanced you have some that say "he isnt balanced he can decoy and leave lane but he its not OP" you want a rework for loki? il tell yo exactly how to get it to happen! if loki sucks and useless. give explnations on why he is useless with his kit. if he sucks and the reason you would want a rework on him is because he can leave lane with decoy. thats saying you think he is OP. if you think he sucks in a underpowered way he needs a buff not a rework. can someone explain to me why loki needs a rework so bad? he is perectly fine and people love him! the only people who seem to support this are the people who play against him. SO MANY loki mains love his kit the way it is. me as a loki main i loveeee his kit.
    I understand why loki is top pick in all casual modes (except assault), because loki is the easiest god to get a kill with the lease skill involve. Is really easy to backstab someone low, or just go 1,3,4 on most mages/hunters. You can't miss that ult when there is a dagger signal to confirm ult hit. His 1,2,4 are most broken mechanics in the game, why? There are no counters to any of those skills.

    His #2 decoy only counter by freya (one god out of the whole cast) that gives him free farm.
    His #1 vanish has slow immunity, damage reduction, speed buff, can't be reveal by anything. Even ao kuang gets reveal by damage. There are no counter to his invisibility in game. Loki can even use preemptive purification to avoid being reveal by Chaac giant aoe.
    His #4 surely most loki favorite. Instant, easy to confirm ult able to 2 shots squishies. No other assassin able to 2 shots someone.

    He has no team fight potential, only good for backdoor and/or 2 shots someone. Not only people play against him wants him "fix" also people that play with him, aka 9 people that is in the match finds loki extremely annoying. How many time loki's team mates had to 4 vs 5, or did most of the damage then loki gets the last hit. He only got picked in SPL twice this year, therefore pros see little potential in loki. He remains a top pick for casual to frustrate majority of the player base due how easy to abuse his broken mechanics.

    Most people just want to fix his broken mechanics, doesn't necessarily need a rework.
    Like his #1 remove damage reduction, slow immunity(he got enough speed buff to counter slow) and invisibility reveal by damage.
    His #2 reduce the size of area so it can't cover the whole wave, at least make him clear 1 minion so he can't roam in jungle and clear lane risk free.
    His #4 either remove the dagger signal confirmation or show the dagger signal confirmation to its target.

    None of these suggestion would break loki or change the way he's currently play, but give some counters to his mechanics.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Honoured Zellun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    986
    3
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTard View Post
    I understand why loki is top pick in all casual modes (except assault), because loki is the easiest god to get a kill with the lease skill involve. Is really easy to backstab someone low, or just go 1,3,4 on most mages/hunters. You can't miss that ult when there is a dagger signal to confirm ult hit. His 1,2,4 are most broken mechanics in the game, why? There are no counters to any of those skills.

    His #2 decoy only counter by freya (one god out of the whole cast) that gives him free farm.
    His #1 vanish has slow immunity, damage reduction, speed buff, can't be reveal by anything. Even ao kuang gets reveal by damage. There are no counter to his invisibility in game. Loki can even use preemptive purification to avoid being reveal by Chaac giant aoe.
    His #4 surely most loki favorite. Instant, easy to confirm ult able to 2 shots squishies. No other assassin able to 2 shots someone.

    He has no team fight potential, only good for backdoor and/or 2 shots someone. Not only people play against him wants him "fix" also people that play with him, aka 9 people that is in the match finds loki extremely annoying. How many time loki's team mates had to 4 vs 5, or did most of the damage then loki gets the last hit. He only got picked in SPL twice this year, therefore pros see little potential in loki. He remains a top pick for casual to frustrate majority of the player base due how easy to abuse his broken mechanics.

    Most people just want to fix his broken mechanics, doesn't necessarily need a rework.
    Like his #1 remove damage reduction, slow immunity(he got enough speed buff to counter slow) and invisibility reveal by damage.
    His #2 reduce the size of area so it can't cover the whole wave, at least make him clear 1 minion so he can't roam in jungle and clear lane risk free.
    His #4 either remove the dagger signal confirmation or show the dagger signal confirmation to its target.

    None of these suggestion would break loki or change the way he's currently play, but give some counters to his mechanics.
    so you think loki is OP and not OP at the same time? you know what that means? that means the character is balanced. bro i have alooot of friends that are loki mains i even have a clan for loki mains they all love his kit. people who play against him always says he needs a rework when they really mean NERF. loki not getting nerfed and if you feel he is useless then he needs a buff thats all! a small buff to his kit can make his early game and team fight better stop trying to get loki nerfed with this "rework loki thing"

    EDIT:if loki was OP he would be banned in ranked. he isnt ever. so he obviously isnt OP. and is perfectky fine. wanna complain about the easiest god? look at neith, erlang shen, aou kuang stop wasting your time on trying to get loki nerfed.
    Last edited by Zellun; 08-29-2016 at 08:45 AM.

  10. #30
    Member Worshipper ImTard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    377
    3
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellun View Post
    so you think loki is OP and not OP at the same time? you know what that means? that means the character is balanced. bro i have alooot of friends that are loki mains i even have a clan for loki mains they all love his kit. people who play against him always says he needs a rework when they really mean NERF. loki not getting nerfed and if you feel he is useless then he needs a buff thats all! a small buff to his kit can make his early game and team fight better stop trying to get loki nerfed with this "rework loki thing"

    EDIT:if loki was OP he would be banned in ranked. he isnt ever. so he obviously isnt OP. and is perfectky fine. wanna complain about the easiest god? look at neith, erlang shen, aou kuang stop wasting your time on trying to get loki nerfed.
    I never once said he's OP. I said he's annoying for casual players - majority of the player base - with his broken mechanics. I already stated why he's hated in casual and why he's not competitive worthy. Go look up a video in youtube "10 reason why loki is hated", that may explain better why his mechanics are broken. I have suggested in other thread (one of many loki rework thread, so many I wonder why) get rid of his broken mechanics and buff his boxing potential.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •