Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki Rework

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Exclamation Loki Rework

Introduction

Ever since i played smite and looked at Loki's abilities it seemed really cool and reminds me of an actual assassin. However the sad thing is that 3/4 of his abilities are not even lore-friendly. Loki doesn't go invisible, doesn't "aim strike" people and doesn't "assassinate" people. He is a trickster who causes problems. I have decided to create Loki's new abilities to suit him as a team-player character, rather than a pure killer. Loki doesn't "stealth" he creates illusions and mischief. Loki doesn't "aim strike" at someone he transforms into people/creatures. He doesn't teleport or assassinate.

Passive:
    Trickster - Whenever Loki gets hit by a basic attack, that enemy's abilities will become scrambled for 5 seconds. This only applies once to a specific God and will be refreshed every 15 seconds once applied.

Ability 1:
    Illusion - Loki creates an area of illusion. Enemy Gods from outside of the illusion can see Loki but once stepped in can no longer. Enemy Gods who step in the illusion shall not escape until the duration runs out unless they leap, dash, teleport or purification out of it. If more enemy Gods step inside, they will see their own allies as Loki making them confused of who is who. Loki and his allies are free to move around and can see Loki at all times. (Special affects such as Geb shield or special buffs that can be seen can expose Loki).
    Duration: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6
    Radius: 40
    Channel time: 1 second
    Cool Down: 20 seconds

Ability 2:
    Decoy - Loki creates an exact decoy of himself (with Loki's current stats) that he may cast to whichever direction and distance. Once the decoy has reached that destination to which Loki has chosen, that decoy will attack nearby minions but NOT players. Once killed or if the duration runs out, the decoy will explode. If Loki dies early, his decoy will explode dealing half damage. (Decoy doesn't attract minions but if the decoy is alone with no ally wave, or if the decoy attacks a camp first, the minions/creeps will attack the decoy. Also the decoy cannot attack objectives).
    Decoy's Lifetime: 10s
    Explosion Damage: 75/125/175/225/275 (+100% of your physical power)
    Explosion Radius: 20

Cool Down: 14 seconds

Ability 3:
    Mischief - Loki chooses a single enemy to switch looks with. When the enemy God gets chosen, that enemy God will look like Loki and Loki will look like that enemy God. During this time, the enemy God can get damaged by his allies dealing double damage if gets hit. If the enemy ally kills him/her, the kill goes to Loki. While Loki looks like the enemy God, he cannot use his abilities and he slowly gain stacks that increase his next basic attack (which will be a close range attack). Once Loki attacks, the ability will be canceled and revert back to normal both the enemy and Loki. If either the victim or Loki dies, then the ability will also be canceled.
    (If the victim tries to back into his fountain, he will be killed, giving it to Loki, the victim cannot get healed by his allies or buffed and will be looked and treated as the actual enemy Loki. The enemy will contain the same basic attacks as Loki but unable to use any abilities and items will be the same as before. If the enemy dies, his repawn is reduced by half. Loki may cancel this ability anytime)
    Duration: 30 seconds.
    Max stacks: 15
    5 stacks per 2 seconds.
    5 power per stack.

Cool Down: 25 seconds.

NEW
    Ability 4:
    Backstab - Loki double crosses his enemies and exposes a weakness either on the front, side or back of all enemy Gods on the map. Enemies will have one of those sides marked and allies of Loki will deal 30% extra damage if they hit on those specific sides.
    Duration: 10s
    30% more damage on the marked side
    Cool Down: 90s

Pros & Cons
    -Great ADC or basic attack user
    -Can be used to mess up the enemy's frontline
    -Great infiltration
    -Can still kill pretty fast

-Lack of hard cc
    -Lack of escapes
    -Lacks 1v1 potential

MUST READ!!
    All the numbers are just an example and if they are too strong then they will be changed based on your comments. This rework is design to make him who he really is. I also realize how long these abilities are but they are pretty easy to understand. Also his ultimate might be changed. Do not think that the numbers or idea is op unless you created a simulation in your head with different perspectives and ways of this being countered or over powering. No hate, just support <3
    Last edited by Orsin56; 06-28-2016 at 06:57 PM.
    Loki will ALWAYS have your back.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Hey man love your videos and I must say I think this Loki rework is very interesting, i'm a huge fan of Loki just like you and read all of the lore and I think that this rework better portrays Loki as the trickster he really is. I would really love to see how this would work in-game but the concept of it is great. I think that his new abilities will make him a lot more team orientated and able to really control a fight with his illusion and mischief abilities. Overall I think this rework is awesome and keep up the awesome work on YouTube.

New Member Cupidhead generalmoose2nd's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I like this rework. It's really cool. My only worry is that wouldn't the ability Mischief be a little ridiculous? It not wearing off until death sounds a little crazy. My main concern is if the god who Loki chooses to disguise himself as can still use it's original abilities? If so then it's fine from what I can think of right now although it would be a little weird to have a Loki throw out a Zeus ult or something lol.

Achievements:
    alright i will change his 3 and give it a duration. and give all of loki's abilties CD timers.
    Last edited by Orsin56; 06-24-2016 at 01:16 AM.

New Member Cupidhead SoulStealer7's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    From what i understand about lokis lore you are for the most part correct loki was not an assassin, he was a trickster. Until Ragnarok where he breaks free and turns against the gods in order to kill them. Now before Ragnarok i would agree that most of loki's kit is not lore-friendly. However when loki breaks free and begins to kill the gods this is the loki that we see in smite. It states at the end of his lore "But now Loki is free and already wreaking havoc." Loki breaks free during ragnarok and because Smite is the battleground of the gods we have to assume that ragnarok is happening as we play smite. If that is what we are left to assume then it makes sense for loki's kit to be based around god-killing rather than being a trickster which makes his kit lore friendly indeed in my opinion. I am open to criticism these are just my thoughts please tell me what you think. I love your channel by the way and i am part of the Lōki Union xbox clan and am a X loki with 1800 worshippers keep up the great work!

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Sure Loki never aimed strike,teleported or went invisible but:
    Athena never does anything relating to wisdom at all.
    Carbraken never destroys mountains.
    Nu Wa never didn't anything involving fire,fog or shing metal.
    Chang e's moves don't don't anything involving the moon, they just have moon related names.
    Sobek the god of the nile, has one ability relating to rivers.
    Sol never did anything except guide the sun and run from a wolf since Odin sent her to do so.

You want to rework all of them to and many others? This is a game with roles filled with characters from mythologies. It's a game first before a mythology simulator. Mythology is complicated as it's most likely not 100% true. This ^ kit that is based on lore could be loki's story and life mistold for generations and not the 100% original.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 660
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Good point as Aphrodite wasn't just a goddess of beauty, and a lot of gods in this game do not acknlowdge there kin except for Zeus. (Thor is the step father of Ullr for example)

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Like this kit, but his ult doesn't really do anything.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulStealer7 View Post
    From what i understand about lokis lore you are for the most part correct loki was not an assassin, he was a trickster. Until Ragnarok where he breaks free and turns against the gods in order to kill them. Now before Ragnarok i would agree that most of loki's kit is not lore-friendly. However when loki breaks free and begins to kill the gods this is the loki that we see in smite. It states at the end of his lore "But now Loki is free and already wreaking havoc." Loki breaks free during ragnarok and because Smite is the battleground of the gods we have to assume that ragnarok is happening as we play smite. If that is what we are left to assume then it makes sense for loki's kit to be based around god-killing rather than being a trickster which makes his kit lore friendly indeed in my opinion. I am open to criticism these are just my thoughts please tell me what you think. I love your channel by the way and i am part of the Lōki Union xbox clan and am a X loki with 1800 worshippers keep up the great work!
    Yes but Ragnarok never happened, in lore it just talks about the fact that it is destined to happen. It never said it actually happened...because we all as humans would be dead if it did. Smite just stretched to truth. Meaning that Loki is still just a trickster.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Najh98 View Post
    Like this kit, but his ult doesn't really do anything.
    I'm aware, im planning to change his ultimate.