Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What needs to be done about Fafnir

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kurisu678's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    I will response as I read through.

In general, this sounds more like an L2P Issue to me. This guy does not get Fafnir at all.
    I kind of want to rebut your points, but honestly it's hard for me to read through your post without losing my temper. All you really did was condescend about my intelligence, my ability to play Fafnir and understand how supports work in general (I main support, but whatever) then assert your point of view. I'm not really sure how this contributed to a thoughtful, polite discourse in the slightest.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Put him in jungle or mid where he can stack Warlock's and build for damage instead of going full tank, as most guardians ought to be built. There, problem solved.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I can't even read that light green on my phone right now lol.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu678 View Post
    I kind of want to rebut your points, but honestly it's hard for me to read through your post without losing my temper. All you really did was condescend about my intelligence, my ability to play Fafnir and understand how supports work in general (I main support, but whatever) then assert your point of view. I'm not really sure how this contributed to a thoughtful, polite discourse in the slightest.
    I never said anything about Supports, at least not much.

First and formost, Fafnir is a Guardian, not a support, if and where you play him is up to you. If you do decide to play him as a support in conquest, yes, you give up the option to have a god who may be better suited for initiations and peelings.

Fafnir is no typical guardian and on other threads, I also said that I don't think that he is the guardian you want to have as your first and only frontline. He is more similiar to Cabrakan in that he provides a lot of damage and control but does suffer when it comes to controlling entire teams with ease.

You do not see that. Instead, you complained a lot about your inability to accept that Fafnir does not fit into the so far more or less "archetypical" Guardian model that makes gods perfect for the support role and instead of embracing this concept, you want to mold him so that he fits into your idea of guardians having to support.

You also made quite the effort in explaining to us that you have no good track rekord when it comes to landing your damaging abilities while also not using the 2 to remotely full potencial.

I also make the assumption and say that you never really looked at his ability tooltips with a criticial look because you did not really lose a word about his damage potencial which, by the way, is ridiculous.

All in all, it was a poorly written post about a bad topic from an poorly informed author. I liked the format though.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    I've read through the posts, Fafnir isn't meant to be a typical Guardian as stated already. He's more like a magical warrior than a front line support. This issue is more connected to like for example how people forced Xing into the support role because he was classed as a Guardian which lead to some unnecessary nerfs outside to fixing the real problems.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only adjustment that is "safe" for him right now is if you cancel his ult, it should probably reduce the ults cooldown by some factor of the remaining time that you cancelled.

as for playing him as support in the "meta"? He might not fit into a fictional role players have created... but
    I would guess hes a guardian for people that weren't going to play "support" anyway.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Eh, Fafnir is good. Doesn't need a buff/nerf.
    I would just make him not take too much to exit dragon form

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I find him awkward myself and he doesn't feel like a support, but rather, he feels like a bruiser (warrior). (already stated above)

Which isn't really a problem considering that we have hybrid gods like that. Ao Kuang is a good example because he is classified as a mage, but plays like an assassin.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 06-22-2016 at 05:24 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    My issue with Fafnir is the dwarf form, but it's a trade off for the dragon form that can proc Gem and Spear to your team when they receive your buff.

He can play support, but he's more of a backliner warrior which you trade off for a more utility built God.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    I can't even read that light green on my phone right now lol.
    Read my reply lol
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature