Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What needs to be done about Fafnir

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Kurisu678's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Lightbulb What needs to be done about Fafnir

Fafnir, the most recent god release, suffers a bit from Ravana syndrome in that he is kind of mediocre, his kit really doesn't come together as well as it should. His kit synergy in regards to acting as a support is also just not up to snuff, especially when compared to other, better supports like Khepri, Khumba, and Athena. Everything that his kit has, other gods do better. The only thing he has going for him is that he doesn't fall behind in gold, pretty much ever. With Watcher's Gift and Traveller's Shoes, I often outfarm my entire team playing Fafnir. But he still fails to bring enough to the table to justify using him over the other support Guardians.

If Fafnir is ever going to see any kind of real play, his kit will need tweaking and buffs to fix some key issues. What follows are my take on what needs to be changed in his kit and why.

His Passive:

Endless Greed is probably the part of Fafnir's kit that works closest to a balanced state. He gains extra gold, which is something supports usually sorely lack. However, the extra 30 protections are fairly worthless in the grand scheme of things, due to the sheer amount of protection-shred you see in Smite nowadays. Fafnir seems to be intended as an offensive Guardian, as suggested by his high mobility. However, unlike Ares, who can build tank aura items and deal insane damage, or unlike Bacchus, who can afford not to build pure defense due to his 14% damage mitigation, Fafnir can't because again, protections don't do much protecting nowadays.

TL;DR: Give Fafnir +15% Damage Mitigation when at or over 1000 Gold in-hand, rather than +30 Physical/Magical Protections, this will go a long way to ensure his survivability.

Cursed Strength:

Fafnir's 1 is in the uncomfortable position of being half of Thor's hammer-throw, only much smaller and harder to confirm. It applies a 1 second stun, then an AoE slow. Unfortunately, as far as CC goes, other guardians do it better. Fafnir can only stun 1 target at a time, leading this move to be outclassed by Confound, any AoE mez, roots, and other moves that provide much easier and better peel. The stun should rank from 1 to 2 seconds, as again it is only single-target and should potently affect the 1 person it IS affecting. In dragon-mode, this ability is also an excellent protection-shred, but due to the projectile being small, slow, and hard to see it is very hard to land on targets not already CC'd. Perhaps making the projectile more like Medusa's acid-spray would make it better, along with better CC than a slow, perhaps a Fear, would improve the peel it offered.

TL;DR: Makes the stun scale from 1 second to 2 seconds on rank-up, change the AoE slow to an AoE better CC, like Fear, or something to give the move better peel/CC. Speed up and make the projectile closer to Medusa's acid-spray so it's easier to see/aim/confirm when in Dragon-Mode.

Coerce:

This is the one amazing aspect of Fafnir's kit, and there isn't really anything I would do to change it. In Dragon-Mode, this ability + Frenzy will allow your team to instantly melt any objective you care to take in a matter of seconds. My only complaint is that Coerce is hardly needed when Golden Bow allows ADC's to clear lane by themselves for free, so there's not much point in using it during the laning phase. Its only real use is in Dragon-Mode to take objectives.

TL;DR: This move is pretty much perfect. My only gripe is it's just not that useful in the laning phase really, just teamfights and objective-taking in mid-to-late game.

Underhanded Tactics:

Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land, applies a worthless CC compared to other Guardians, and in Dragon-Form is usually a suicide mission if you engage with it. Compared this move to a Disarm like Bellona's which is massive, usable from a distance and therefore safe, and can theoretically hit all 5 enemy gods at the same time, the CC on this move is worthless. The travel-time mechanic renders the move nigh-impossible to land at the maximum distance, turning it into more of an escape tool. Because unlike Belly Flop, which renders everyone completely helpless upon being knocked up, the Disarm is really only a mild annoyance, easily countered by using abilities on you once you're in there. And, because Fafnir's damage is all DoT instead of burst, those 2 seconds you bought aren't really doing much for you or your team because again, abilities exist. As far as front-line disruptions go, Fafnir isn't that disruptive and is easily countered by bursting him down once he's engaged, because again, all his hard CC is single-target. Unlike, Bacchus, Athena, Khumba, insetad of enemies running away for fear of being CC'd, Fafnir is easily collapsed on and obliterated.

TL;DR: This move is garbage as it stands right now. Remove the travel-time mechanic in regards to distance, make the target area for the CC upon landing bigger, make the Disarm last a lot longer or better yet, replace it with better CC like a knock up.

Draconic Corruption:

Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land... wait, I'm getting a terrible sense of deja-vu. Oh yeah, Fafnir's ultimate suffers the exact same problems that his leap does. This ultimate is probably the single-worst guardian ultimate in the game... well except for Xing Tian, but we don't talk about him. Fafnir's little Jake Long magic trick is more or less impossible to land on the enemy team unless they are all Odin Ring'd and Crippled to be stuck next to you. This move is supposed to be a steroid which unlocks the true potency of Fafnir's kit, but often using this move next to enemies (because you are supposed to engage the fight as the Guardian) is a death sentence. As soon as you drop out of your transformation, you are now a huge target, will get CC-chained and probably die. I've fallen into knock ups, silences, portals, stuns, all of which render me impotent and easily dispatched by burst damage. You can use the ability before you engage the enemy, from far away, but you're wasting a huge portion of the damage in Fafnir's kit if you do, and the zoning tool I assume the ultimate was meant to provide. The way to fix this ability is to give it a 30% slow in the radius while transforming and give Fafnir an automatic Crowd Control reduction while his ultimate is active. This will let him more easily shrug off being CC-chained to death while he tries to front line. Additionally, give him a couple seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming so he's not instantly punished and deleted if Fafnir uses his ultimate offensively.

TL;DR: People just move beyond the edge of this ability then CC-chain you to death with burst damage when you're done transforming. Give the ability a 30% slow in the radius while channeling, and grant Fafnir a couple of seconds of CC immunity after transforming with an additional 20/25/30/35/40% Crowd Control Reduction while his ultimate is active. He becomes a massive target and easily hit due to his large hitbox, he needs CC reduction to not be so easily CC-chained to death. And he needs a couple of seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming not to be locked-down and bursted to death.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    People on mobile, thank me

[]Fafnir, the most recent god release, suffers a bit from Ravana syndrome in that he is kind of mediocre, his kit really doesn't come together as well as it should. His kit synergy in regards to acting as a support is also just not up to snuff, especially when compared to other, better supports like Khepri, Khumba, and Athena. Everything that his kit has, other gods do better. The only thing he has going for him is that he doesn't fall behind in gold, pretty much ever. With Watcher's Gift and Traveller's Shoes, I often outfarm my entire team playing Fafnir. But he still fails to bring enough to the table to justify using him over the other support Guardians.

If Fafnir is ever going to see any kind of real play, his kit will need tweaking and buffs to fix some key issues. What follows are my take on what needs to be changed in his kit and why.[/COLOR]

[]His Passive:[/COLOR]

[]Endless Greed is probably the part of Fafnir's kit that works closest to a balanced state. He gains extra gold, which is something supports usually sorely lack. However, the extra 30 protections are fairly worthless in the grand scheme of things, due to the sheer amount of protection-shred you see in Smite nowadays. Fafnir seems to be intended as an offensive Guardian, as suggested by his high mobility. However, unlike Ares, who can build tank aura items and deal insane damage, or unlike Bacchus, who can afford not to build pure defense due to his 14% damage mitigation, Fafnir can't because again, protections don't do much protecting nowadays. [/COLOR]

[]TL;DR: Give Fafnir +15% Damage Mitigation when at or over 1000 Gold in-hand, rather than +30 Physical/Magical Protections, this will go a long way to ensure his survivability.[/COLOR]

[]Cursed Strength:[/COLOR]

[]Fafnir's 1 is in the uncomfortable position of being half of Thor's hammer-throw, only much smaller and harder to confirm. It applies a 1 second stun, then an AoE slow. Unfortunately, as far as CC goes, other guardians do it better. Fafnir can only stun 1 target at a time, leading this move to be outclassed by Confound, any AoE mez, roots, and other moves that provide much easier and better peel. The stun should rank from 1 to 2 seconds, as again it is only single-target and should potently affect the 1 person it IS affecting. In dragon-mode, this ability is also an excellent protection-shred, but due to the projectile being small, slow, and hard to see it is very hard to land on targets not already CC'd. Perhaps making the projectile more like Medusa's acid-spray would make it better, along with better CC than a slow, perhaps a Fear, would improve the peel it offered.[/COLOR]

[]TL;DR: Makes the stun scale from 1 second to 2 seconds on rank-up, change the AoE slow to an AoE better CC, like Fear, or something to give the move better peel/CC. Speed up and make the projectile closer to Medusa's acid-spray so it's easier to see/aim/confirm when in Dragon-Mode.[/COLOR]

[]Coerce:[/COLOR]

[]This is the one amazing aspect of Fafnir's kit, and there isn't really anything I would do to change it. In Dragon-Mode, this ability + Frenzy will allow your team to instantly melt any objective you care to take in a matter of seconds. My only complaint is that Coerce is hardly needed when Golden Bow allows ADC's to clear lane by themselves for free, so there's not much point in using it during the laning phase. Its only real use is in Dragon-Mode to take objectives.[/COLOR]

[]TL;DR: This move is pretty much perfect. My only gripe is it's just not that useful in the laning phase really, just teamfights and objective-taking in mid-to-late game.[/COLOR]

[]Underhanded Tactics:[/COLOR]

[]Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land, applies a worthless CC compared to other Guardians, and in Dragon-Form is usually a suicide mission if you engage with it. Compared this move to a Disarm like Bellona's which is massive, usable from a distance and therefore safe, and can theoretically hit all 5 enemy gods at the same time, the CC on this move is worthless. The travel-time mechanic renders the move nigh-impossible to land at the maximum distance, turning it into more of an escape tool. Because unlike Belly Flop, which renders everyone completely helpless upon being knocked up, the Disarm is really only a mild annoyance, easily countered by using abilities on you once you're in there. And, because Fafnir's damage is all DoT instead of burst, those 2 seconds you bought aren't really doing much for you or your team because again, abilities exist. As far as front-line disruptions go, Fafnir isn't that disruptive and is easily countered by bursting him down once he's engaged, because again, all his hard CC is single-target. Unlike, Bacchus, Athena, Khumba, insetad of enemies running away for fear of being CC'd, Fafnir is easily collapsed on and obliterated.[/COLOR]

[]TL;DR: This move is garbage as it stands right now. Remove the travel-time mechanic in regards to distance, make the target area for the CC upon landing bigger, make the Disarm last a lot longer or better yet, replace it with better CC like a knock up. [/COLOR]

[]Draconic Corruption:[/COLOR]

[]Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land... wait, I'm getting a terrible sense of deja-vu. Oh yeah, Fafnir's ultimate suffers the exact same problems that his leap does. This ultimate is probably the single-worst guardian ultimate in the game... well except for Xing Tian, but we don't talk about him. Fafnir's little Jake Long magic trick is more or less impossible to land on the enemy team unless they are all Odin Ring'd and Crippled to be stuck next to you. This move is supposed to be a steroid which unlocks the true potency of Fafnir's kit, but often using this move next to enemies (because you are supposed to engage the fight as the Guardian) is a death sentence. As soon as you drop out of your transformation, you are now a huge target, will get CC-chained and probably die. I've fallen into knock ups, silences, portals, stuns, all of which render me impotent and easily dispatched by burst damage. You can use the ability before you engage the enemy, from far away, but you're wasting a huge portion of the damage in Fafnir's kit if you do, and the zoning tool I assume the ultimate was meant to provide. The way to fix this ability is to give it a 30% slow in the radius while transforming and give Fafnir an automatic Crowd Control reduction while his ultimate is active. This will let him more easily shrug off being CC-chained to death while he tries to front line. Additionally, give him a couple seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming so he's not instantly punished and deleted if Fafnir uses his ultimate offensively.[/COLOR]

[]TL;DR: People just move beyond the edge of this ability then CC-chain you to death with burst damage when you're done transforming. Give the ability a 30% slow in the radius while channeling, and grant Fafnir a couple of seconds of CC immunity after transforming with an additional 20/25/30/35/40% Crowd Control Reduction while his ultimate is active. He becomes a massive target and easily hit due to his large hitbox, he needs CC reduction to not be so easily CC-chained to death. And he needs a couple of seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming not to be locked-down and bursted to death.[/COLOR]
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    personally i believe fafnir is already quite powerful especially in dragon form. i dont think he should be buffed.

also as a side note:

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu678 View Post
    TL;DR: Give Fafnir +15% Damage Mitigation when at or over 1000 Gold in-hand, rather than +30 Physical/Magical Protections, this will go a long way to ensure his survivability.
    if you do the calculations, 30 protections actually comes out to 23% damage mitigation. if you changed the passive to 15% damage mitigation, it would actually make him less tanky.
    We did it!!!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by shikakrux View Post
    personally i believe fafnir is already quite powerful especially in dragon form. i dont think he should be buffed.

also as a side note:

if you do the calculations, 30 protections actually comes out to 23% damage mitigation. if you changed the passive to 15% damage mitigation, it would actually make him less tanky.
    Really? I always feel way more tanky playing Bacchus than I do with Fafnir. Is that counting penetration? Because Damage Mitigation is impossible to overcome besides just having massive raw damage numbers, whereas protections can be shredded down or penetrated.

Achievements:
    Really? I always feel way more tanky playing Bacchus than I do with Fafnir. Is that counting penetration? Because Damage Mitigation is impossible to overcome besides just having massive raw damage numbers, whereas protections can be shredded down or penetrated.
    youre correct, damage mitigation is unaffected by penetration. however your proposed damage mitigation value, in the long run, will probably be just as effective as 30 protections would be. if your intention is to buff fafnir, i would propose a damage mitigation value of 20 or 25% rather than 15%
    We did it!!!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NUNZIO88's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    All of Fafnir's abilities provide added effects when in dragon form. Maybe his passive could also be modified to make him a tankier god while in dragon form. Maybe it simply adds more protections or an additional percent mitigation (similar to Bacchus) or some kind of CC reduction like was stated in original post.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Yeah thanks for that, mobile background is white haha. Honestly fafnir is in a good spot. He has everything you need as a guardian. He has literally the best guardian passive in the game. A leap, a heal, a buff for carries, 2 hard cc's and a cool and fun ult that doesn't make him weaker than his none buff form. The only 2 changes i could possibly see is removing his self root from his leap and maybe doubling his passive while in dragon form but he doesn't need anything at all really.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Yeah thanks for that, mobile background is white haha. Honestly fafnir is in a good spot. He has everything you need as a guardian. He has literally the best guardian passive in the game. A leap, a heal, a buff for carries, 2 hard cc's and a cool and fun ult that doesn't make him weaker than his none buff form. The only 2 changes i could possibly see is removing his self root from his leap and maybe doubling his passive while in dragon form but he doesn't need anything at all really.
    100% agreed. removing the self root would be quite helpful as well as doubling the protections from his passive in dragon form. you would expect a gigantic dragon to be slightly harder to kill than a dwarf, right?

however i think he would need a tone-down in his kit to compensate for these quality of life changes.
    We did it!!!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    He has almost nothing going for him over the other Guardians, really. His only advantage is his extra gold, but I see no reason to pick a Fafnir over Khumba or Athena or Bacchus or Geb. All those gods bring amazing, AoE hard CC's that can turn fights in your favour, instantly. Fafnir requires his ultimate for all his abilities to be at a useful level of potency, but the other Guardians don't.

It's an inherent design problem when designing a stim that lasts 40 seconds. If Fafnir's abilities did enough to be useful without the stim, the stim would make him incredibly OP when used, or else the stim would feel "meh" because it didn't boost him enough. But, as it is now, the stim makes him fairly good (even if getting there is risky due to the time it takes for Fafnir to get his dragon on) it means his skills are pretty "meh" without it.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I will response as I read through.

Fafnir, the most recent god release, suffers a bit from Ravana syndrome in that he is kind of mediocre, his kit really doesn't come together as well as it should.

Off to a great start we are.

His kit synergy in regards to acting as a support is also just not up to snuff, especially when compared to other, better supports like Khepri, Khumba, and Athena.

So? Don't play him like your typical support then.

Everything that his kit has, other gods do better.

What?

The only thing he has going for him is that he doesn't fall behind in gold, pretty much ever.

The only thing?

With Watcher's Gift and Traveller's Shoes, I often outfarm my entire team playing Fafnir. But he still fails to bring enough to the table to justify using him over the other support Guardians.

Traveller's Shoes? o.o

If Fafnir is ever going to see any kind of real play, his kit will need tweaking and buffs to fix some key issues. What follows are my take on what needs to be changed in his kit and why.

Well so far, your whole base of discussion seems to be pretty bad to me, but fine, I will continue reading.

His Passive:

Endless Greed is probably the part of Fafnir's kit that works closest to a balanced state. He gains extra gold, which is something supports usually sorely lack. However, the extra 30 protections are fairly worthless in the grand scheme of things, due to the sheer amount of protection-shred you see in Smite nowadays. Fafnir seems to be intended as an offensive Guardian, as suggested by his high mobility. However, unlike Ares, who can build tank aura items and deal insane damage, or unlike Bacchus, who can afford not to build pure defense due to his 14% damage mitigation, Fafnir can't because again, protections don't do much protecting nowadays.

Can we talk about this joker calling one of the best, arguably most overpowered passives in this game "Pretty balanced"?

And then he goes and breaks it.

Cursed Strength:

Fafnir's 1 is in the uncomfortable position of being half of Thor's hammer-throw, only much smaller and harder to confirm.

This ability has nothing in common with Thors Hammer throw aside from there being hammers involved. o.o

It applies a 1 second stun, then an AoE slow.

Yeah, just like Thors 1, right?!

Unfortunately, as far as CC goes, other guardians do it better. Fafnir can only stun 1 target at a time, leading this move to be outclassed by Confound, any AoE mez, roots, and other moves that provide much easier and better peel.

You know what most moves you listed or reffered to don't do? Damage.

The stun should rank from 1 to 2 seconds, as again it is only single-target and should potently affect the 1 person it IS affecting.

Okay, so, in your opinion, the god with 3 single target stuns in his kit should have two of them last 2 seconds?

In dragon-mode, this ability is also an excellent protection-shred, but due to the projectile being small, slow, and hard to see it is very hard to land on targets not already CC'd.

Good thing that his 3 stuns too, right?

Perhaps making the projectile more like Medusa's acid-spray would make it better, along with better CC than a slow, perhaps a Fear, would improve the peel it offered.

Aside from you so far doing your best to make an already great god OP to broken, why would you consider a fear, a CC that makes a god move uncontrollable and unpredictable, when you complain about abilities being hard to hit?

TL;DR: Makes the stun scale from 1 second to 2 seconds on rank-up, change the AoE slow to an AoE better CC, like Fear, or something to give the move better peel/CC. Speed up and make the projectile closer to Medusa's acid-spray so it's easier to see/aim/confirm when in Dragon-Mode.

Well, I don't enjoy repeating myself, so.......I will make this short and say "No".

Coerce:

This is the one amazing aspect of Fafnir's kit, and there isn't really anything I would do to change it.

The most overpowered ability in his kit and you are fine with it. Honestly, I ain't even suprised.

In Dragon-Mode, this ability + Frenzy will allow your team to instantly melt any objective you care to take in a matter of seconds.

And, again, you are okay with it.

My only complaint is that Coerce is hardly needed when Golden Bow allows ADC's to clear lane by themselves for free, so there's not much point in using it during the laning phase. Its only real use is in Dragon-Mode to take objectives.

Meanwhile, he does not understand the full extend of this abilities usefulness. Man, I can't wait to see how he wants to improve, and by improve, I mean break this already ridiculous ability.

TL;DR: This move is pretty much perfect. My only gripe is it's just not that useful in the laning phase really, just teamfights and objective-taking in mid-to-late game.

He doesn't. Now that's a suprise.

Underhanded Tactics:

Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land, applies a worthless CC compared to other Guardians, and in Dragon-Form is usually a suicide mission if you engage with it.

"Slow" is a tall say about this ability. I give you difficult to land, but it takes a very special kind of human to call a 2 second disarm "worthless". Also, I am not sure when you would ever actually engage with your dragonform 3. That aside, you are a frontliner, being where the danger is is what you do.

Compared this move to a Disarm like Bellona's which is massive, usable from a distance and therefore safe, and can theoretically hit all 5 enemy gods at the same time, the CC on this move is worthless.

Not often have people called any form of CC useless without sounding remarkably stupid about it.

This is not one such occassion.

The travel-time mechanic renders the move nigh-impossible to land at the maximum distance, turning it into more of an escape tool.

I'm an average player at best and don't have a ridiculous amount with Fafnir either. I still manage to land the 3 somewhat consistently. That either makes me a better player than I give myself credit for or you have to work on your proper aiming with this ability.

Because unlike Belly Flop, which renders everyone completely helpless upon being knocked up, the Disarm is really only a mild annoyance, easily countered by using abilities on you once you're in there.

Yeah, because Fafnir does not have the option to immediatly follow up with a stun. Or making himself completly invulnerable for 3 seconds afterwards.

And, because Fafnir's damage is all DoT instead of burst, those 2 seconds you bought aren't really doing much for you or your team because again, abilities exist. As far as front-line disruptions go, Fafnir isn't that disruptive and is easily countered by bursting him down once he's engaged, because again, all his hard CC is single-target. Unlike, Bacchus, Athena, Khumba, insetad of enemies running away for fear of being CC'd, Fafnir is easily collapsed on and obliterated.

Fafnir is disruptive, but in another way than the guardians you mentioned. That does not stop him from being able to shred his targets while also helping his allies to shred even harder.

TL;DR: This move is garbage as it stands right now. Remove the travel-time mechanic in regards to distance, make the target area for the CC upon landing bigger, make the Disarm last a lot longer or better yet, replace it with better CC like a knock up.

Okay, so we are not talking about the Dragon Variant of this at all? Fascinating. We also do not talk about the ridiculous damage potencial on this ability? Sure.

Draconic Corruption:

Oh, Gods of Smite, how I hate this ability. It is slow, highly-telegraphed, difficult to land... wait, I'm getting a terrible sense of deja-vu. Oh yeah, Fafnir's ultimate suffers the exact same problems that his leap does. This ultimate is probably the single-worst guardian ultimate in the game... well except for Xing Tian, but we don't talk about him. Fafnir's little Jake Long magic trick is more or less impossible to land on the enemy team unless they are all Odin Ring'd and Crippled to be stuck next to you.

Even if you do not land the damage, which, yes, happens usually, you still forced your enemy team to disperse and move away from you. Basicly like Xing Tians ultimate does, but unlike him, you come out more dangerous than before, not useless.

This move is supposed to be a steroid which unlocks the true potency of Fafnir's kit, but often using this move next to enemies (because you are supposed to engage the fight as the Guardian) is a death sentence.

How is an ability that leaves you invulnerable for 3 seconds a death sentence upon use?

As soon as you drop out of your transformation, you are now a huge target, will get CC-chained and probably die. I've fallen into knock ups, silences, portals, stuns, all of which render me impotent and easily dispatched by burst damage.

So? Better you than a squishy.

You can use the ability before you engage the enemy, from far away, but you're wasting a huge portion of the damage in Fafnir's kit if you do, and the zoning tool I assume the ultimate was meant to provide.

Well, this was suprisingly insightful from you.

The way to fix this ability is to give it a 30% slow in the radius while transforming and give Fafnir an automatic Crowd Control reduction while his ultimate is active.

In summary: Turn this ability into an (even better than it already is) better Ymir Ultimate.

This will let him more easily shrug off being CC-chained to death while he tries to front line.

Ooooor you consider building some CCR if you are CC-Chained to death. Protections and HP also help.

Additionally, give him a couple seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming so he's not instantly punished and deleted if Fafnir uses his ultimate offensively.

Yes because the 3 seconds of "NOPE" the ultimate already provides clearly are not enough yet.

TL;DR: People just move beyond the edge of this ability then CC-chain you to death with burst damage when you're done transforming. Give the ability a 30% slow in the radius while channeling, and grant Fafnir a couple of seconds of CC immunity after transforming with an additional 20/25/30/35/40% Crowd Control Reduction while his ultimate is active. He becomes a massive target and easily hit due to his large hitbox, he needs CC reduction to not be so easily CC-chained to death. And he needs a couple of seconds of CC immunity after he's done transforming not to be locked-down and bursted to death.

Or we don't do that!
    In general, this sounds more like an L2P Issue to me. This guy does not get Fafnir at all.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!