Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphro's >DATAMINED< passive

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Last warning. I'm not saying it again. I've been too nice for you guys and you are taking my mercy as little needed.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well, this new passive is fine by me. It gives her protections, so yay..

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallamueu View Post
    Well, this new passive is fine by me. It gives her protections, so yay..
    remember that in the first half of the game, she is by herself. so she will only be getting 2 or 4 protections from the passive.

in a teamfight situation, she will have to be in the middle of the fight (and out of position) to get the full benefit of the passive. even then, however, primary damage dealers will have their penetration items online, so they will easily shred through the little amount of protections aphrodite gains.

this passive is much better suited for a tank. not aphro.
    We did it!!!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Glad to see she is getting a passive. Surprised it's got nothing to do with damage since that would give her a taste of being meta. Not a buff to survivability. With the stun knock back and heals and immunity. We get it she survives. Most mages have a way to amplify power. I would hope her passive would be along those lines. She's a strong god but does need a passive for the sake of fun and quality

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by partydean View Post
    Glad to see she is getting a passive. Surprised it's got nothing to do with damage since that would give her a taste of being meta. Not a buff to survivability. With the stun knock back and heals and immunity. We get it she survives. Most mages have a way to amplify power. I would hope her passive would be along those lines. She's a strong god but does need a passive for the sake of fun and quality
    well she can buff damage, to her soul mate at least. this datamined passive is just flawed by design because nobody is even with aphrodite for the first half of the game, and game modes like joust and duel arent even being considered. better than her current passive, but still terrible.
    We did it!!!

Senior Member Honoured Siranoid's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 962
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Play her support then, free 8 protection at all times and if a gank comes, make it 10 protections. She is one of the better supports since her allie is probably full most of the time. I dunno how you build her, build i build her with as much life/power that i can, so that passive for me will help me a little by making her harder to kill.

She's not an early game god anyway, so her passive not being active at all times in the early game is something i don't care about. The harder to kill she is, the better she will be and most of the time in teamfights you're never in the backline with Aphrodite, so her passive is sure to work.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead prolapsediva's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by partydean View Post
    I kind of agree with you? While a buff to her damage would be good, ultimately I feel it's not needed. Aphrodite is a healer and a support before she is a damage Mage. She has great survivablity if you build her right while still being able to heal effectively. I would like to see a passive that counters all the anti healing that is so popular right now. This would make things more interesting, like for example:

Whenever Aphrodite is hit with a healing reduction, her damage is increased by the same % her healing is decreased.

So if you're in a fight and you get hit with a 25% heal reduction, you damage would increase by 25%.
    This ability can either stack all the way to 100% or just go off of the first healing reduction you get, which still has the capability of being 100% with things like Odin ult or Serqet ult.

This passive would make other players have to thing about what items they buy and decide if they want to deal with a healer Aphrodite or a more tradition mage Aphrodite. While also making the Aphrodite player have to adapt to different scenarios. Like if the team just doesn't really care that you're healing, then you can remain a support and do your job, but if they shut you out of healing yourself and your team she can switch it up and burst you to win the fight.

So in the way that I kind of agree with the damage this passive works for both a damage increase and anti-anti healing
    Last edited by prolapsediva; 06-18-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    The funniest thing about the "Aphro Mains" complaining is, well, actually a few things.

1) It's A DATAMINED PASSIVE. Medusa had a different passive when she was datamined and I assume the same could happen with Ahprodite.

2)Other gods also have crap passives - Vulcan, Nox, Isis in anything but assault, Guan Yu's literally is just another part of a single ability, Cabrakan still has a bad passive

3) Are you trying to tell people that Aphrodite can't perform well at all because of a... Passive? She does fine depending on how YOU, the player plays. And if you have a problem with her, I doubt you only play Aphrodite.
    I swear to god, if somebody smacks my butt.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead prolapsediva's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snazzler View Post
    The funniest thing about the "Aphro Mains" complaining is, well, actually a few things.

1) It's A DATAMINED PASSIVE. Medusa had a different passive when she was datamined and I assume the same could happen with Ahprodite.

2)Other gods also have crap passives - Vulcan, Nox, Isis in anything but assault, Guan Yu's literally is just another part of a single ability, Cabrakan still has a bad passive

3) Are you trying to tell people that Aphrodite can't perform well at all because of a... Passive? She does fine depending on how YOU, the player plays. And if you have a problem with her, I doubt you only play Aphrodite.
    I completely agree with you that the other gods you listed don't have good passive a either. So start a thread just like we did on your ideas for the topic and get the community involved.

We know the data mined passive is subject to change that's why we are still voicing our opinions and presenting new ideas.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by prolapsediva View Post
    We know the data mined passive is subject to change that's why we are still voicing our opinions and presenting new ideas.
    thats 100% correct!

Quote Originally Posted by prolapsediva View Post
    Whenever Aphrodite is hit with a healing reduction, her damage is increased by the same % her healing is decreased.

So if you're in a fight and you get hit with a 25% heal reduction, you damage would increase by 25%.
    This ability can either stack all the way to 100% or just go off of the first healing reduction you get, which still has the capability of being 100% with things like Odin ult or Serqet ult.
    thats such a cool idea. hirez, take notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Siranoid View Post
    Play her support then, free 8 protection at all times and if a gank comes, make it 10 protections. She is one of the better supports since her allie is probably full most of the time. I dunno how you build her, build i build her with as much life/power that i can, so that passive for me will help me a little by making her harder to kill.

She's not an early game god anyway, so her passive not being active at all times in the early game is something i don't care about. The harder to kill she is, the better she will be and most of the time in teamfights you're never in the backline with Aphrodite, so her passive is sure to work.
    the problem is that aphrodite does not have the tankiness nor the cc that an actual guardian does. guardians are absolutely essential in this meta, because without their set up, your team will struggle to deal damage. if you choose to do aphrodite support, youre even more vulnerable in the early game than playing her solo lane, and on top of that you would need a teammate to cooperate and pick a guardian in a different role. and then another problem emerges: if you choose tanky items, your damage and healing will be very low, essentially making you only useful for your ult. if you dont choose tanky items, your team has no front line and automatically loses. if you choose a hybrid build, you will have "ok" healing and "ok" tankiness, but it will still be extremely easy to get around you.
    We did it!!!