Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerf or Remove Fatalis, please.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

Nerf or Remove Fatalis, please.

If you want to stick to enemies, buy Frostbound Hammer.

I am fed up and tired seeing Kali and Bakasura going 0/5 but once they buy Fatalis they just carry whole team with only 1 item and it's impossible to counter it.

How would I counter it? Slow? It doesn't work. Kali can jump and her ult gives slow immunity, also she can use beads/sprint/anti-slow item. Bakasura gains CC-immunity in Ult for 1.5 seconds. Lower attack speed? Kali has already high basic attack speed chain. Hide of Nemean? Not so much effective against them.

I might be completely dead but there should not be gods in a game who carry with only 2 items. And I repeat - if you want to stick to an enemy - get frostbound hammer instead of "speedhack" item like Fatalis.

Maybe increase its cost up to 2500 gold? Or 2700 gold.
    Last edited by Ryrikees; 06-16-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Cry more. -w-
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Cry more. -w-
    I might be crying, but I really have no idea how to deal vs situations where someone has Fatalis.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Removing anything from a game for the sake of it being good at it's job is a sin to gamers everywhere. Fatalis is a necessity for melee gods that rely on basics as they are often chasing (duh). To escape someone using fatalis you need one of the following: sprint,a movement ability or movement speed items. Who cares if 'God X' has fatalis if you can get away with one of those unless they get a cc ability(slows if you don't have sprint but anything else if you do) on you some how. If they still stick to you with fatalis after you have one of those items then you need more movement speed.
    Last edited by JustRun175; 06-18-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    The added movement speed that is on it is more or less useless and redundant with the passive. The gods that get the most use out of Fatalis already get high movement speed from other items. Adding to it is just plain stupid.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    Removing anything from a game for the sake of it being good at it's job is like a sin to gamers everywhere. Fatalis is a necessity for melee gods that rely on basics as they are often chasing (duh). To escape someone using fatalis you need one of the following: sprint,a movement ability or movement speed items. Who cares if 'God X' has fatalis if you can get away with one of those unless they get a cc ability(slows if you don't have sprint but anything else if you do) on you some how. If they still stick to you with fatalis after you have one of those items then you need more movement speed.
    What is the purpose of Frostbound in the game overall? If you want to stick to an enemy, you can use "Frostbound"... That's logical.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryrikees View Post
    What is the purpose of Frostbound in the game overall? If you want to stick to an enemy, you can use "Frostbound"... That's logical.
    Frostbound is for exactly what it says it does, slowing movement & attack speed. Fatalis is for sticking to enemies. Those statements are logical, so what's your point?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    Frostbound is for exactly what it says it does, slowing movement & attack speed. Fatalis is for sticking to enemies. Those statements are logical, so what's your point?
    If you want "to stick" to an enemy, you should slow them. Exactly what Frostbound does.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryrikees View Post
    If you want "to stick" to an enemy, you should slow them. Exactly what Frostbound does.
    What if my build needs attack speed & movement speed over health and power? What if they have winged blade and just get a free sprint out of there whenever I try to 'stick' to them. You just want to be able to get away every time just by building winged blade or having sprint huh? If fatalis was removed everyone would get frostbound and then everybody would get at least one of those mentioned items. Making slows irrelevant and CC the only way to chase people. Every god with a slow would fall out of meta if Fatalis was banned and frostbound became the new thing. Gem of isolation would also be useless. High CC gods would be played the most often. Then there are the magical adcs( I know there's only three but still)that would be outright screwed without fatalis because that's their only option to stick. Even if they get gem of isolation they're still screwed because of winged blade and sprint. That's why people get fatalis over frostbound because fatalis isn't as easily countered as frostbound. Fatalis is countered the same way as frostbound but fatalis doesn't become redundant just because you have sprint or winged blade.
    Lets you nerf Fatalis instead. Lets make the debuff removal last .5secs instead of 1. Characters who build fatalis will have the attack speed with this item to make that nerf redundant unless they can't aim. If you nerf fatalis enough so that it takes crazy attack speed to keep the debuff off then people will go to frostbound,magical adcs will be screwed (because they can't get crazy attack speed without enormous sacrifices to power) and anti slow will be in everyone's build or relics, forcing CC to be the only way to chase. Bottom line is, deal with it.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class
    Hi-Rez only removes items from the game if they're broken beyond belief...like golden bow for instance. Every hunter is picking it up making all clear options obsolete. Now if fatalis was being picked up by every hunter/assassin then they would look at it but it doesn't work for everyone.

JustRun mentioned several good points about why Fatalis is an option, so I'm not going to repeat what they said, just know that Hi-Rez is doing they're best with balancing. I mean I hate Nox so much because I'm an Assassin that has to get close and usually gets destroyed due to not having beads up at the moment, but does that mean she's op? No. Yes, she does damage, but her CC is mostly single target meaning if you have at least one person around they can do something about it...similar with Fatalis, they're are several items to counter it and just because you find it annoying it doesn't mean its op.