Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 92

Thread: HiRez still has done little to address the problems with the Support role in season 3

  1. #81
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Every Qins build has titan's to deal with that. ALso, soul reaver's damage can be lowered through % mitigation by the likes of spirit robe and shell.
    Having titans does not mean that you have "dealt" with a problem, you just scratched on the surface.

    Say I have 150 physical protections, that makes for 60% mitigation. Your Titans Bane will shave off a clean 50 protections from that. That still leaves me with 100 protections, which translates into 50% mitigation.

    Most gods should have aroun 75 physical protection on max level on average, so that + breastplate of valor makes my example pretty much life.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  2. #82
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered
    Rep Power
    0
    i play alot of support and dont have many problems, i usually stack physical and just dodge magic attacks? i usually only build oni and unicorn for the mdef... maybe hope

  3. #83
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Why would you build Oni Hunters Garb over pretty much any other magical protection granting Item?
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  4. #84
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    35
    Achievements:
    3 months registered
    Rep Power
    0
    if im baiting magic attacks and dodging them im barly getting hit by them so im getting like what 120 mdef off a full stack oni? it suits my playstyle idk

  5. #85
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneBlood View Post
    -blah blah blah nonsense-
    And with this, you have proven yourself to be a pro-worshipping fool and therefore totally devoid of credibility. Your argument has no basis in fact whatsoever. There's not even a real point to what you're saying. You've got no reason for your logic other than "the pros say supports should just build tanky."

    It matters not that I'm in casuals because I've used both methods of building, and the queues and the players I meet stay the same. One build will always be better than the other in any level of play, and having used both, the damage build is exponentially more effective. There's only so much to squeeze out of simply being tanky. Building damage gives you more to work with, and enables you to fight back where, before, you could only spam your CC.

    News flash: a giant mound of protections is nowhere near as useful as a shorter mound of protections that does a shitton of damage. Maybe if you stopped bragging about your arbitrary ranked placement and going off of what Incon says just because he's Incon, you'd actually learn something; as I have by going off of not the word of some guy who just about never experiments, but what actually happens in-game.

    By your logic (or rather the pros' logic), warriors should build little damage either because they're tanks and, therefore, should just build defense. It's not black-and-white.

    Yes, a few guardians are better off foregoing Tahuti in favor of more defense; but that is but a few out of many. Yes, Warlock's isn't ideal for the support role; but it is not the only such item of its kind. Yes, Qin's and SR counter health; but Qin's is reduced dramatically by protections and SR is countered no more by protections than health because it's true damage.

    Basically, have some fucking humility and take the pros' collective dicks out of your mouth. Or mouths, rather, since you can really only fit a couple dicks into your mouth; or so I assume.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 06-18-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  6. #86
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ReallyMad View Post
    if im baiting magic attacks and dodging them im barly getting hit by them so im getting like what 120 mdef off a full stack oni? it suits my playstyle idk
    But you could build Genjis instead, getting additional CDR + that great passive and some MP/5.
    Or you could build something like Pestilence, giving you HP on top of that and the anti heal aura, nerfing the lifesteal hunters get even if no healers are present.
    Or Bulwark which gives you HP, useful against everyone, and that passive, which again is just more HP to protect you from everything.
    Or Voidstone to increase yours and your allied mages damage.
    Heartward for that sweet aura for your allies who are not as impecable at dodgning mages and guardians as you.

    Hide of the Urchin, Spirit Robe, Robe of Desolation, all giving both magical and physical protections among other benefits.


    The only benefit Oni Hunters garb gives you over any of the above options is a slightly lower price.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  7. #87
    Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    800
    9
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    And with this, you have proven yourself to be a pro-worshipping fool and therefore totally devoid of credibility. Your argument has no basis in fact whatsoever. There's not even a real point to what you're saying. You've got no reason for your logic other than "the pros say supports should just build tanky."

    It matters not that I'm in casuals because I've used both methods of building, and the queues and the players I meet stay the same. One build will always be better than the other in any level of play, and having used both, the damage build is exponentially more effective. There's only so much to squeeze out of simply being tanky. Building damage gives you more to work with, and enables you to fight back where, before, you could only spam your CC.

    News flash: a giant mound of protections is nowhere near as useful as a shorter mound of protections that does a shitton of damage. Maybe if you stopped bragging about your arbitrary ranked placement and going off of what Incon says just because he's Incon, you'd actually learn something; as I have by going off of not the word of some guy who just about never experiments, but what actually happens in-game.

    By your logic (or rather the pros' logic), warriors should build little damage either because they're tanks and, therefore, should just build defense. It's not black-and-white.

    Yes, a few guardians are better off foregoing Tahuti in favor of more defense; but that is but a few out of many. Yes, Warlock's isn't ideal for the support role; but it is not the only such item of its kind. Yes, Qin's and SR counter health; but Qin's is reduced dramatically by protections and SR is countered no more by protections than health because it's true damage.

    Basically, have some fucking humility and take the pros' collective dicks out of your mouth. Or mouths, rather, since you can really only fit a couple dicks into your mouth; or so I assume.
    Thanks for proving how much of a terrible player you are at this game, deny's pro logic, denies factual evidence, hasn't played with good players before and probably can't ranked for his life, and nobody brags about their ranked in smite, people just assume anyone still in silver and bronze sucks (and by looking at player builds that is a given).

    Warriors are front line and should not build any forms of dmg outside of jotuns and maybe titans (+ warrior tabi).
    Guardian S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/3248
    Mid/Mage S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/2161
    ADC S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/2578

    Constantly updating on free time as the meta changes ever so fast.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneBlood View Post
    Warriors are front line and should not build any forms of dmg outside of jotuns and maybe titans (+ warrior tabi).
    My man, my dog.

    I haven't been following your dispute with much interest or care at all, but independend on what you two have been on about, this particular statement is wrong on so many levels.

    There have been and will be a lot of offensive/damage Items that a warrior will and should build pretty consistently aside from the ones you mentioned.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  9. #89
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneBlood View Post
    Thanks for proving how much of a terrible player you are at this game, deny's pro logic, denies factual evidence, hasn't played with good players before and probably can't ranked for his life, and nobody brags about their ranked in smite, people just assume anyone still in silver and bronze sucks (and by looking at player builds that is a given).

    Warriors are front line and should not build any forms of dmg outside of jotuns and maybe titans (+ warrior tabi).
    I'm not denying anything; you are. This isn't even an argument; you're just covering your ears and shouting "LALALALA YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG" without even considering you've been going about anything wrong and that there's a more effective way to build tanks. You've got no evidence, no logic to your argument, and it's showing.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  10. #90
    Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    800
    9
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    My man, my dog.

    I haven't been following your dispute with much interest or care at all, but independend on what you two have been on about, this particular statement is wrong on so many levels.

    There have been and will be a lot of offensive/damage Items that a warrior will and should build pretty consistently aside from the ones you mentioned.
    Well if you're an auto based god some people build qins last item or frostbound (although, that's not a dmg item really). That's probably about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I'm not denying anything; you are. This isn't even an argument; you're just covering your ears and shouting "LALALALA YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG" without even considering you've been going about anything wrong and that there's a more effective way to build tanks. You've got no evidence, no logic to your argument, and it's showing.
    I showed you tons, you just deny it because you're a casual player.
    Guardian S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/3248
    Mid/Mage S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/2161
    ADC S3 TL: http://smite.guru/tierlists/l/2578

    Constantly updating on free time as the meta changes ever so fast.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •