Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: HiRez still has done little to address the problems with the Support role in season 3

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    What? I play supportish roles most and there is plenty of options.

Some mages and assassins can even tank and support in modes like assault. Get auras/debuffs, make sure to apply them in fights when it matters. Void shield, Magus. Void stone, Heartward, Witch blade, Runic, Brawlers, Frostbound, Gem of Iso. All of these are so good depending on your God and their team.

Watchers gift is such a good item initially for supports in all modes, with the exclusion of arena.

I think what you suffer more from is a lack of farm playing position 5 in conquest. You role there is supporting to get the carry farmed. Your job is to invest in wards the most and later die for other more important Gods. That is what being pos 5 means. You get the least gold and therefor will be under performing item wise compared to the others. Therefor you must also make real smart plays and setup your team properly. Its impossible to carry from this position without proper coms. Best is ofc not dying. If you die you want your deaths to count. Know when to save yourself and save the team. You are the least valuable in this pos but still don't feed ofc.

If you are under farmed you hurt no matter God/Role.

This cannot be re balanced as there is no restriction on what to pick for pos 5 or what to lane, where and how. Try get creative with it.

If your solo offs work nice as tank, why not try a bursty support instead. Doesn't have to be a guard, tyr can work, nox can etc.

try
    Ymir with -> watchers + blink -> purple boots -> (one tanky aura item if needed) -> soul reaver. then whatever team needs most from you.
    with this you can still snowball a bit even if you are behind to get other tank and support items online and you have a bit more personal control over the gold influx and can matter more later on? Another alternative is securing a quick wave / jungle clear but then you might take others farm and are not supportign else where on the map, but for some games maybe

You gotta keep in mind that power curves gets enhanced differently in conquest compared to other modes as farm works totally different there (Gods + Objectives + lanes + jungle). Hard carries are meant to farm well and get fat as early as possible. When they are 6th slot and others haven't peaked they are strongest. If a player invest in a God and mix of items that give good farm and a strong late he should be rewarded for it. The game is decided in a few seconds at this point, make sure to tank the shots that matter the most, lay down cc properly to chain a kill, die for a team mate, that is your job at that point. Your shiny days as pos 5 support is most often in early game but some can deliver massively in mid and in a few cases also in end game depending on how you look at it. A Geb purification and shield is for example always valuable. taking 4-5 shots to make your carry win a 1-1 can be worth it even if you die.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 06-15-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    It does if you get enough health to go with it.
    No it won't, once someone builds Qins that "tankiness" of yours goes out the window.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    No it won't, once someone builds Qins that "tankiness" of yours goes out the window.
    That's what the protections are for. And Qin's does nothing if you kill your aggressor first.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    It does if you get enough health to go with it.
    then its not a single item is it?
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    then its not a single item is it?
    I never said I wasn't building health in the build. I usually rush Warlock's; if I'm support, I pick up Ethereal at some point.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Gl0wball's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredFist View Post
    Even as full defense guardian i sometimes feel squishy as hel.
    Pun intended?
    Pro Clash Player (Best Mode)

Ez Kills: Loki --- Ez Life: Chang`e --- Ez Game: Hades

Never caugt, never pinned down: Agni

Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    I never said I wasn't building health in the build. I usually rush Warlock's; if I'm support, I pick up Ethereal at some point.
    health items are considered defensive too. if youre building warlock/ethereal it doesnt count as a single defensive item.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    health items are considered defensive too. if youre building warlock/ethereal it doesnt count as a single defensive item.
    Yeah, but I thought health items were just a given on guardians. I assumed you were only thinking about protection items.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl0wball View Post
    Pun intended?
    Obviously
    10/char

Achievements:
    Yeah, but I thought health items were just a given on guardians. I assumed you were only thinking about protection items.
    nope. if u add health to that stuff yeah it does make u pretty durable. i really like hide of urchin personally.

dont skip school kids.