Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Still not taking action on reports?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Trawick's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Still not taking action on reports?

Almost 2 months ago, you said you would start letting us know when you took action on reported players. Since then, I have personally reported probably 2-3 dozen people who were abusive, feeding (Even ADMITTING to it), just up and quitting because they didnt like the god they received in assault, etc. Yet not once have I seen any action taken.

Are you ever going to start responding to the community reports of trolls, or just keep ignoring us?

Junior Member Cupidhead Orcshein's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Trawick View Post
    Almost 2 months ago, you said you would start letting us know when you took action on reported players. Since then, I have personally reported probably 2-3 dozen people who were abusive, feeding (Even ADMITTING to it), just up and quitting because they didnt like the god they received in assault, etc. Yet not once have I seen any action taken.

Are you ever going to start responding to the community reports of trolls, or just keep ignoring us?

Do you know how easy it is to just re-create a new account onto smite?

It might be why it's worthless to ban people who troll on Normal. Sure you can ban the IP, but most IPs are dynamic.

The amount of work it would take to do that, for the little gain.. I don't know, man.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    They're doing the best they can.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    This does in fact happen however, it takes multiple reports for a player to have action taken. They review all reports to the best of their ability but one report wont ban a player
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I share the OP's concerns. The report system is broken. People will harass others and nothing is done. They do not review individual cases, but rather how many reports are sent. So if you are teamed up with a troll clan and they decide to all report you, you will be the one banned for being trolled. The trolls love the reporting system, they can use it to troll you.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongloader View Post
    I share the OP's concerns. The report system is broken. People will harass others and nothing is done. They do not review individual cases, but rather how many reports are sent. So if you are teamed up with a troll clan and they decide to all report you, you will be the one banned for being trolled. The trolls love the reporting system, they can use it to troll you.
    Except when they issue a ban, they don't just read what the report said. They can go over the chat logs and the game to determine if all those reports were really true.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I've had about 6 notifications so far. So something is happening

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Smite is a free to play game, if they banned people for being mean they wouldn't have a player-base and wouldn't make any money. I do my duty and report aholes, maybe they'll get enough to warrant a ban but I honestly don't expect one. I'm pretty sure leavers and afkers aren't too high up on the ban list either, people leave and afk for all kinds of reasons, many of them justified.

There's usually only a select few things they look for when banning players like hackers or death threats, HiRez seems to be rather lenient about a lot of the harassment that goes on but this it an online game so it's to be expected. I wouldn't mind if HiRez was more strict on other things myself but I can't blame em.
    My top 5 favorite gods currently: Sun Wukong, Sylvanus, Ah Puch, Raijin, Hun Batz

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    They also ban for account sharing and RMT. Although there's some players I'd personally love to see permabanned for being colossal douchebags at the semi-pro level.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Take screenshots and report directly to support. I have found this works. I have received hate messages after their bans were over. So I know for a fact using support (instead of that stupid little button after a match) works.