Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: High skill low reward, low skill high reward

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    Loki needs a rework, not a nerf. Chang'e is the most bloated god in the game.

No, it's not. Quin's build comes online far faster than crit and is far more consistent.

It's kinda hard to take you seriously when you clearly haven't played smite very much.
    qin dps<crits burst even with crit being more expensive. qin is bad for every god that isnt kali or osiris and the like. and crit is consistent enough. and how is change bloated with like no real burst compared to other mages in much shorter range? and loki needs a straight up buff. reworks suck in this game.
    Last edited by zecleria; 05-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    The new hunter build sometimes doesn't even have titans bane yet they still hit tanks for 250 per shot due to having like 60% crit chance and having qins. It's supposed to be a mix now
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    qin dps<crits burst even with crit being more expensive. qin is bad for every god that isnt kali or osiris and the like. and crit is consistent enough. and how is change bloated with like no real burst compared to other mages in much shorter range? and loki needs a straight up buff. reworks suck in this game.
    Chang'e has 2 passives. Not only does she potentially never have to back, she gets ridiculous speed which makes juking incredibly easy and chasing just as easy due to her low cooldowns.

Low cooldown 1 that is usable beyond melee range, allowing her to counter warriors
    A free aegis and beads that refunds its mana cost
    A heal, damage, and antiheal on a low cooldown
    Potential for the longest stun in the game, absurd damage.

Chang'e puts on very solid lane pressure with the easy damage from her 1 on a very small cooldown. She has few bad matchups, and she's very good at countering ganks.

Late game, she's nigh impossible to kill and does absolutely ridiculous damage and has one of the best teamfight kits in the game.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    Chang'e has 2 passives. Not only does she potentially never have to back, she gets ridiculous speed which makes juking incredibly easy and chasing just as easy due to her low cooldowns.

Low cooldown 1 that is usable beyond melee range, allowing her to counter warriors
    A free aegis and beads that refunds its mana cost
    A heal, damage, and antiheal on a low cooldown
    Potential for the longest stun in the game, absurd damage.

Chang'e puts on very solid lane pressure with the easy damage from her 1 on a very small cooldown. She has few bad matchups, and she's very good at countering ganks.

Late game, she's nigh impossible to kill and does absolutely ridiculous damage and has one of the best teamfight kits in the game.
    her 2 isnt exactly an escape, and her only cc is in her ult, and her burst earlygame is not high. bait her two and cc her and burst her down, shes pretty squishy. and her heal is weak. its just on short cd but its weak. its great for lane sustain but in a teamfight its not as useful as u make it out to be.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    The problem with Ullr is that he is annoying to play and doesn't give the player anything useful for being annoying to play.

For example:
    His stance needs to be immune to silence/stun/etc effects. Its not really an *ability* but a switch because there aren't enough buttons in the interface... and its very annoying to try to deal with stances in the middle of CC/silences/lag/and global cooldowns on ability activation... when other characters have their primary abilities front-loaded and ready to fire, ullr might still be trying to pull his weapon out of his pants, or worse, he is unable to pull it out of his pants when he wanted to and the other ability triggers instead. Oops! Ullr is probably "balanced" against the other ADCs, and if he is, then is is inherently weaker against them if he is balanced directly to them because he takes more work to play and the reward for playing him well is that he is merely competitive to the ones that are easier to play.

Ease of play is a balancing factor. If something is difficult but still "equal" at its best when compared to simpler solutions then it IS in fact... off balance. Risk vs reward is not there, then you have a bad investment. Sure it may work out, but when people invest they like safety (or a pay off). For ullr... the risk vs reward is not there. This makes him a weak adc compared to other options, not because of his stats but because of the increased risk of failure or mistakes.

You want to inflict failure and mistakes on your opponents, not to yourself, and if you pick a character that has increased failure and mistake built into it, then you're making a bad pick.
    1. Balance has got nothing to do with how difficult a god is. Balance is when the skill ceiling is the same, not the skill floor. If the skill ceiling is too difficult to reach we are talking about a kit being bad.

2. Skill ceiling is not too high on Ullr and he's more than capable of fighting other hunters. He's got a super strong early game and can in under a second rotate his whole kit with AA-cancels that almost 100-0 the other hunter. If the support is half decent it is a dead hunter. No other hunter can burst as hard that early except maybe Hou Yi if the target is lined up well. He is extremely good at both doing the burst and the prolonged fights, also the stance switch and self buffs he's got makes him in my opinion the most versatile hunter.

3. There is also a benefit to play a god that most does not play. If you go against Neith you are so experienced in how to counter her and what she can do. When I pick my Ullr and someone is about 75% Hp most does not understand how easy it is for me to just combo them to death.

Ullr is very good. He works in the meta. Also someone said he needs to go crit, he doesn't, he is versatile.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniswenger View Post
    3. There is also a benefit to play a god that most does not play. If you go against Neith you are so experienced in how to counter her and what she can do. When I pick my Ullr and someone is about 75% Hp most does not understand how easy it is for me to just combo them to death.
    Erm... I can wreck Ullr when I play Xbal just as well as I can wreck Neith.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Erm... I can wreck Ullr when I play Xbal just as well as I can wreck Neith.
    That seriously does not add anything of value to the conversation.
    Point was that playing a god less played (often the more difficult gods) gives you the advantage of the opponent being less experienced in the matchup. That is the point I was trying to make.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniswenger View Post
    That seriously does not add anything of value to the conversation.
    Point was that playing a god less played (often the more difficult gods) gives you the advantage of the opponent being less experienced in the matchup. That is the point I was trying to make.
    That's what I was just saying though. It doesn't really make that much of a difference. I mean unless it's your first time ever facing an Ullr don't think that's going to make a big deal.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    But playing easy gods isn't always fun.
    I had times I enjoyed awi for ex
    What's the matter? Scared of a kid?
    Ao (Sir) Kuang is a restaurant critic
    Why are they balanced? Threads
    Ares
    Loki

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    her autos are weak since she has no steroid on top of weaker autos, her weaves are easy to avoid, neith's heal is just as pathetic in earlygame and neith's ult is mostly good for kill securing and not a guaranteed stun since it can be bodyblocked.

kinda hard to take someone who thinks loki and change needs nerf seriously. also crit build is better on most hunters than qin builds if thats what a usual hunter build is for you.
    I think Qin's is better than crit, but maybe taking wind demon as 6th item.
    So I'm half and half?
    What's the matter? Scared of a kid?
    Ao (Sir) Kuang is a restaurant critic
    Why are they balanced? Threads
    Ares
    Loki