Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: High skill low reward, low skill high reward

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The problem with Ullr is that he is annoying to play and doesn't give the player anything useful for being annoying to play.

For example:
    His stance needs to be immune to silence/stun/etc effects. Its not really an *ability* but a switch because there aren't enough buttons in the interface... and its very annoying to try to deal with stances in the middle of CC/silences/lag/and global cooldowns on ability activation... when other characters have their primary abilities front-loaded and ready to fire, ullr might still be trying to pull his weapon out of his pants, or worse, he is unable to pull it out of his pants when he wanted to and the other ability triggers instead. Oops! Ullr is probably "balanced" against the other ADCs, and if he is, then is is inherently weaker against them if he is balanced directly to them because he takes more work to play and the reward for playing him well is that he is merely competitive to the ones that are easier to play.

Ease of play is a balancing factor. If something is difficult but still "equal" at its best when compared to simpler solutions then it IS in fact... off balance. Risk vs reward is not there, then you have a bad investment. Sure it may work out, but when people invest they like safety (or a pay off). For ullr... the risk vs reward is not there. This makes him a weak adc compared to other options, not because of his stats but because of the increased risk of failure or mistakes.

You want to inflict failure and mistakes on your opponents, not to yourself, and if you pick a character that has increased failure and mistake built into it, then you're making a bad pick.
    Last edited by Pizlenut; 05-29-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    Or sanctuary if you time it right, but yea.
    1. Aegis counters every damaging ability.
    2. It has a really long cooldown.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    You must be the best player at Smite then. You never EVER get to low health? EVER?? That's pretty good.
    I'm most situations I'm either behind a wall or I have an Aegis ready. Of course I forget there's a Neith from time to time but if I have low health and there's a lv. 5 Neith I'm not going to try and fight.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Go on say it, you want to be that way so go ahead. =w=
    I'm going to pm so you that irish doesn't ban me.

You chose this.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    I'm most situations I'm either behind a wall or I have an Aegis ready. Of course I forget there's a Neith from time to time but if I have low health and there's a lv. 5 Neith I'm not going to try and fight.
    Ya... Pretty easy to get low health at level 5. After she kills you the first time, then she out levels you and kills you again. And again. And again. Unless you're Hou Yi or Xbal and can come back late game.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    1. Aegis counters every damaging ability.
    2. It has a really long cooldown.
    Still a counter to a ult that might've killed you had you not used it. I'm not arguing that it doesn't get you free kills though. It does more often than not. I just wanted to point out that there are a few ways that it is countered.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    Still a counter to a ult that might've killed you had you not used it. I'm not arguing that it doesn't get you free kills though. It does more often than not. I just wanted to point out that there are a few ways that it is countered.
    Yes, of course. Every ult has a counter. Except Xbal if he's chasing you.

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Yes, of course. Every ult has a counter. Except Xbal if he's chasing you.
    Beads or stop at the second to last tick on the ult. Depending on how far behind he is, you might still get away XD....most likely not though.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    Well yes, a stun is indeed better than a root. However, a root on multiple people is better than a stun on one person. ALso , her ult is a guaranteed stun anywhere.

The debuff makes her hard to box.

You're going to sit against minions and heal on minions where you get poked as enemies clear lane? ALso, his heal is absolutely pathetic earlier on.

Neith's autos hit like trucks, just like every other hunter in the game. The DPS difference is marginal.

Neith also gets fed from kills and assists everywhere on the map.
    her autos are weak since she has no steroid on top of weaker autos, her weaves are easy to avoid, neith's heal is just as pathetic in earlygame and neith's ult is mostly good for kill securing and not a guaranteed stun since it can be bodyblocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    Ullr needs transcendence. He needs crit. Ullr doesn't work well without crit. His steroid increases power, not attack speed. The build ullr needs is too expensive compared to other hunters.

You know nothing about this game and you need to accept that.
    kinda hard to take someone who thinks loki and change needs nerf seriously. also crit build is better on most hunters than qin builds if thats what a usual hunter build is for you.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post

kinda hard to take someone who thinks loki and change needs nerf seriously. also crit build is better on most hunters than qin builds if thats what a usual hunter build is for you.
    Loki needs a rework, not a nerf. Chang'e is the most bloated god in the game.

No, it's not. Quin's build comes online far faster than crit and is far more consistent.

It's kinda hard to take you seriously when you clearly haven't played smite very much.