Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the community managers anything (Smite related) here. V2

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead samirc11's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Have you guys decided on the concept art that's going to be finalized for Falafel? Because giving him 1's armor, 6's gold bag, and 7's sexy hair and beard is a dream come true.
    Ofcourse it's already finalized lol, he's going to be released next week, and put on pts in 3 days

Anyway, have you guys though about putting the animated god cards actually in the game?
    Last edited by samirc11; 05-30-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Party Person 1 year registered
    Can you bring Rata the ability to choose his color of stripes via acorn? You have ruined his T2 skin by taking away his glow feature cause you have used t2 blue as his "t3" now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aS0HURi7c4

Its like taking color schemes from Xba/Mercy skins. Its not fair at all.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Is there a Smite official website that list god performance so you can see how gods are doing that are backed by HiRez statistics. If not, why? and is there a reason we're keeping the hiding stats on profiles? I never agreed with that when it was first release and I still don't see a reason for it?

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hope this counts: Was wondering if I would lose the free skins from the social section if I deleted my Facebook or Instagram (or any other account that you can follow for free god skin)? Thanks.

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Hope this counts: Was wondering if I would lose the free skins from the social section if I deleted my Facebook or Instagram (or any other account that you can follow for free god skin)? Thanks.
    No. You already got and used the code. Deleting an account wouldn't make a difference.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    PonPon, I just want to put this forth.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...757#post688757
    Pick/ban/win rates aren't the issue, it's about Nox as a god. She's a salt generator, and nothing more. She's just not fun to fight. All I'm saying here is that maybe some QoL changes are in order.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Can we expect other game modes than conquest to be pushed more into the spotlight of the E-Sports Scene? Joust 3v3 seems to be like a great candidate. I personally never was a fan of conquest and my distaste for it grows constantly and the E-sports scene just makes it worse.

I wanted to write some interesting and smart points about how I would think that would be a great addition to the game and that you should try to push and promote more non-conquest game modes in general, but sadly, I can already see the answer, getting demotivated.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Junior Member Cupidhead LandofWonder's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Does shield of regrown work with Nemesis "3" (her shield) as it seems like it doesn't. If it doesn't... Why doesn't it...?

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezPonGM's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    How long has Fafnir been in the works for having him completely change shape and then still move around in said new shape?
    Could we expect to see this for other gods if applicable to their lore?
    Will other pantheons get a stance change one day besides the Norse, or is stance changing restricted to only Norse?
    Still a little early for me to go fully into detail on stuff. That being said, longer than normal and it was accounted for when we began working on him.

Yes.

Maybe. Norse wasn’t planned to be the stance switchers, but it kinda worked out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadnaya View Post
    Are we going to have any gem storms/VP sales in the horizon?
    This weekend for a Gem Storm. We tend not to announce sales until we get closer to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Najh98 View Post
    Why couldn't Fafnir have just been a dragon? Dwarf/Dragon is meh, unless it's going to be like Ullr with both sides having different moves.
    Because the Designers didn’t want him to only be a dragon.

Realistically there was a cool kit concept the designers wanted to tackle and found a cool way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromun View Post
    Some people staying on base (rage) for simulate afk status, afetr getting afk status they are using surrender system, the most funny part here is that, this vote are not breaks their "afk status" so in vote total votes are equal 4 not 5, in short words they are abusing ask to force vote has less total votes for surrender, any ideas how to fix this?

if everything below is unreadable try this:

5 players, 1 player going "afk" (dont doing any actions), after getting afk he is start vote for surrender, game thinks that he is afk and cut vote from 5 to 4 total votes in blank
    I would submit that as a bug so it can be properly investigated, since I don’t think that is meant to be the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by naggar27 View Post
    Oh and I'd like to ask something. Are you guys planning on releasing skins for gods that haven't gotten one in a long time?

I'm asking specifically for Vulcan, Osiris and Ne Zha. Loki and Hou Yi already have enough lol ;_;
    >70% of our gods have had skins in the last 6 months, which given the amount of skins each patch isn’t bad. There are a few outliers (Ne Zha kinda counts, since he technically did get 5 new skins when he was remodeled which is a lot of time and effort.) but that contributes to us planning our skin release. We look at gods who haven’t gotten anything in awhile and try to fit them in.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Are we going to keep this ridiculous golden bow meta? Mystic Mail in seasons past was nerfed because if you built that first you just had complete lane control in solo lane and there was nothing your opponent could do, they'd lose farm or just straight lane until mystic mail fell off, and at the point you had already won lane. That was nerfed. You had HOG that would be essential for objectives and you HAD to have it or you would never get an objectives and to clear half a minion wave/jungle camp. That was removed. There's all these artificial clear items that was in the game and changed because it just gave free stuff to people. Free lane, free clear, free objectives. That's what golden bow is for now...and hunters in general are already really strong you are giving them free clear, at least you couldn't really start with mystic mail and you sacrificed a large amount of gold for HoG 3, Golden bow you get to start with. How is it different from other items? If you try to go ANY other item but golden bow, you lose lane. I don't see how this is balanced OR good for the game as you make it sound like HiRez wants this. you're giving hunters a free pass to late game, and they're already unstoppable killing machines late game. Seems really backwards
    Slow down, ask a question at a time. Ranting and giving lots of examples with different context is only going to give you a less focused answer.

Rephrased : “Are we going to keep this ridiculous golden bow meta? In the past items like Mystical Mail and HoG were nerfed due to their early game control and them being often always used. Why is Golden Bow allowed to exist?

The past examples were more of an issue due to two reasons. HoG was always bought on more than just one role as well as provided instant control and punished those who didn’t get it with an instant true damage spike that couldn’t be mitigated. Mystical Mail was less broken and more super frustrating to play against and really safe.

Golden Bow is mostly limited to Hunters, and given some adjustment could even be a niche item to help augment clear, while hunters with strong clear can look for more aggressive choices like Bluestone starts. It has room to be adjusted in a healthy manner and still increase hunter diversity without breaking the game state like HoG did. It isn’t there yet, but it can get there.

Please Mcknight, we have been over this before. Less rant, more direct questions. It is time consuming to sift through something like your posts which often lead me to needing to address 6 different points of various relevance at once. More focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Not sure if saying that it is a new concept since Vamana and Fenrir are already doing something similiar. Arguably Hel as well.

Any chance we are seeing more Item additions in the upcoming months?
    Likely Item Reworks > New Items.

Fafnir's kit was a lot different. When in Dragon form it had you staying in dragon form and your abilities gained different things and you could stay for up to 30 seconds at least for what was datamined.

As for my question. Are any of the hybrid items going to be looked at like Ancile? It's gone through 3 different versions over the last season, and honestly each one has been worst. Season 1, stacking item with +50 damage and +50 magical defense, Another stacking item this time with +250 hp, now it's...a very bad equivalent to bancrofts. Even gods that can benefit from it like a Kali, herc or vamana/SWK get more out of straight magical defense or straight damage item. Runic shield is also pretty bad, it's meant to counter Sol, Chronos and Freya but you can just go frostbound on warriors which is a better item in general and still get the same result? Phyical hybrid items are in a good place like shifters and void shield but the magical ones are just bad. Also, Runeforge? Anything?
    I think it’s less a case of Hybrid items and more a case of the items simply being lackluster. I also disagree that items like Runic Shield are replaced by items like Runeforged.

When you throw a wall of text I can only be general without going in depth to decouple the 6 concepts you have thrown together, a lot of them being only tangentially related due to them having a mixed item property; even though they have incredibly different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Have you guys decided on the concept art that's going to be finalized for Falafel? Because giving him 1's armor, 6's gold bag, and 7's sexy hair and beard is a dream come true.
    Art direction was decided and mostly locked a few weeks ago, if not even earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by samirc11 View Post
    Ofcourse it's already finalized lol, he's going to be released next week, and put on pts in 3 days

Anyway, have you guys though about putting the animated god cards actually in the game?
    It’s unlikely. Clutters the loading screen, forces people to load additional content to get into the loading screen (Increasing load times is frowned upon). We have 1 which is the Ragnarok Thor and that is likely where it will be used, super rare skins that are akin to T5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthrig View Post
    Can you bring Rata the ability to choose his color of stripes via acorn? You have ruined his T2 skin by taking away his glow feature cause you have used t2 blue as his "t3" now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aS0HURi7c4

Its like taking color schemes from Xba/Mercy skins. Its not fair at all.
    Most of his colors were preserved and used in different ways. For example, when he heals he glows his healing acorn color.

Outside of that he probably won’t have any way to select since it would be a decent amount of new code and UI work to support that.

Is there a Smite official website that list god performance so you can see how gods are doing that are backed by HiRez statistics. If not, why? and is there a reason we're keeping the hiding stats on profiles? I never agreed with that when it was first release and I still don't see a reason for it?
    Smite.guru is the best place since it probably gathers the most data and has the best filtering. It isn’t 100% accurate, but it generally isn’t super off. It gives you a good idea.

Publicly maintained stats would need to be super indepth to properly present the info. If we only do Win% it is misleading, if we start adding more relevant information and parsing we are essentially creating a multi-thousand dollar data parsing tool and pushing out metric tons of data. Simply not maintainable.

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    Nope, you get to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    PonPon, I just want to put this forth.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...757#post688757
    Pick/ban/win rates aren't the issue, it's about Nox as a god. She's a salt generator, and nothing more. She's just not fun to fight. All I'm saying here is that maybe some QoL changes are in order.
    Not a question. Would delete, but let this serve as a warning to the type of posts that don’t go here.

I read the forums, you don’t need to post it here to get me to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Can we expect other game modes than conquest to be pushed more into the spotlight of the E-Sports Scene? Joust 3v3 seems to be like a great candidate. I personally never was a fan of conquest and my distaste for it grows constantly and the E-sports scene just makes it worse.

I wanted to write some interesting and smart points about how I would think that would be a great addition to the game and that you should try to push and promote more non-conquest game modes in general, but sadly, I can already see the answer, getting demotivated.
    Currently I don’t think so. If we see good community support we may promote it, but forcing it to grow is something I don’t think that will happen in the short term.

I do like the idea however, it just could backfire if it gets backing but doesn’t have an actual base to fall back on. Conquest worked since it had a very active player base as well as had a lot of pro/streamer/community support which watched the events HiRez pumped money into, and HiRez largely pushed it due to community desire for it by making tournaments and showing up/participating.

Quote Originally Posted by LandofWonder View Post
    Does shield of regrown work with Nemesis "3" (her shield) as it seems like it doesn't. If it doesn't... Why doesn't it...?
    As someone who made the QA pass on “healing” for Ah Puch anti-heal, healing in smite is a little weird. Most of the odd cases have been fixed, but I could see Nemesis not working since it isn’t her technically healing, but a condition met by the enemy players. The skill itself doesn’t always heal, it only conditionally heals, and that could be the difference.

Worth talking to Design about it though, since they can decide if that is intent or not.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Can we get the option to randomize our music themes and announcer packs?

We are getting quite a lot of them, yet me and I am certain several people barely if ever use them to the point where I feel like

"This Ymir announcerpack is cool, but.....I will never use it between liking Nox' and Brandons announcerpack, aside from me just forgetting to change them, so whats the point in having it?"

Being able to randomize that would somewhat make having more of these more worth my while.

OOR you could go the extra mile and create an interface where you can asign certain music themes and announcerpacks to the game mode you're playing.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!