Page 1 of 106 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the community managers anything (Smite related) here. V2

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!

Ask the community managers anything (Smite related) here. V2

Decided to start a new thread as the other one was getting rather big with pages.

Ask Pon and Amanda (maybe amanda) anything here!

Rules:

• Needs to be Smite related
    • This isn't a place for feedback or discussions.
    • If you wish to give feedback then do so in the feedback section
    • Peer to peer discussions are not permitted here. This is a Q and A between the CMs and the players.
    • This is not a technical support thread. If you need help regarding account issues and/or technical issues then submit a support ticket. This also includes suspended/banned accounts.
    • Limit questions to a max of 3 per post, Pon doesn't have a lot of free time, and in order to avoid getting flooded with questions, Please limit your posts to 3 questions.

Lastly, be nice, and civil. The CM's don't need to reply here, but they does because they're great.

Additional note - the moderators have the right to delete any posts that break the above rules as well as the code of conduct. If you frequently break the rules then you may be banned from posting in this thread.

See the archived first post here!
    Last edited by HiRezPonPon; 02-17-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    How did Susano and Ratatoskr get past the PTS in their current state? Do they not nerf gods who over perform on the pts?

Also, how are they doing in a win/loss perspective?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    he's a great.

barred from posting in the this thread.
    Pls don't bar me

Anyway, I have a question. Why isn't there a mode for casuals where you can use draft pick as they do in ranked? This would help new players become accustomed to the game faster without having to feel the stress of playing ranked.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Carried over questions from after Pon's last post -

Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Clan Store: It was introduced, gave away a bunch of tier 2's and....nothing. You guys just dropped that project, what's the deal? Are we getting new chest? Are we getting new skins? Is it going to be worth anything? Are clan points going to remain useless? They're not even as useful as favor at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by naggar27 View Post
    I'll just try this again, if PonPon doesnt answer then I know I messed up. But since he "took a glance" to show Nemesis was near the top of the pile, I was hoping the same could be done for Nox :/
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    What if we could immidieatly ban 4 gods on each side and then everyone pick their gods or the ban system in Ranked will stay forever as it is now?
    When are you going to restore bellona's disarm? Tank meta was last season and now you've given hunters more damage then they've ever had. 150 damage basics at level 5 is unacceptable. Bellona was a direct counter to hunters, 3 second disarm mattered. Now? Hunters have so much power there's honestly no reason to disengage when hit by it. It was literally the only cc hit to start season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    PonPon, will Aphrodite ever get a real passive instead of an aspect of her Kiss that's mislabeled as its own ability?

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead samirc11's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Are you guys planning on revamping the leveling system? It's pretty useless after you hit lvl 30, so I though of something.

What about having it work like CoD prestiges? But wait! There is more!
    Every player who hits lvl 30 for the first time gets a free skin (hold on).
    If you want, you can choose to reset your lvl back to 1, but every time you reset it, you'll have to pay either a favor or gem price.
    Every 5 "prestiges" or "times you reset your lvl", you gain an upgraded version of the free skin you got.
    And you also get an icon that will change every time you reset your player lvl.

Just a thought

Also!

I was thinking that it would maybe be a good idea to change the Clan Chests rewards seasonally, to rotate it.

Also!

Update the forum
    Last edited by samirc11; 05-28-2016 at 08:42 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Include this one

why was suntouch given credit to the TP issue that's been brought up several times before here and on reddit? It just reinforces the fact that the only people HiRez listens to are pros. Hell I think that issue has even been commented in here. but nope, wasn't by a pro, that person was wrong. I reported Mail of renewal being broken for almost a year. Got responses on here even. Didn't get changed until a few more months. Made 5 bug topics, got told it was an issue. Was changed a few patches ago, it was bugged for almost a year. Maybe if I was in SPL it would of gotten changed the next day.

This just reinforces so many things wrong with communication. You have 1600+ post on here. Is anyone besides HiRezPonPon answering questions? No. You make one post on reddit, get it upvoted and the issue is resolved in a day. Make a post on here. Nothing. Never get a feed back on previous questions, never get an update. Never get anyone else making responses. Reddit gets all types of HiRez comments yet the official forums? I can honestly say I've never seen an executre producer, a designer, anyone aside from a community manager EVER post in the forums and certainly never in this thread. So what's the point of this thread? I'll just go make a reddit thread and get a response...or even better! I won't make a reddit thread. I will actually tell a pro what I think and have THEM make the post instead.

Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post
    How did Susano and Ratatoskr get past the PTS in their current state? Do they not nerf gods who over perform on the pts?

I commented on this, what happen to my post?

Achievements:
    I commented on this, what happen to my post?
    Peer to peer discussions are not permitted here. This is a Q and A between the CMs and the players.

Goodbye Smite forums <3

HiRez Staff Honoured HiRezPonPon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Hahahahaha! Its over now, PonPon! You said you would ignore me on the other thread, but this one is new, its all over!!!
    No, you are still banned from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionsamurai View Post

Implying Susano is wildly too strong. He has actually be incredibly close to around the middle of the pack.

Overall, PTS isn’t a great place for balance. You don’t get a large sample size to find out really any valid information, and due to the small population size MMing on those servers isn’t 100% the best. PTS is more for finding bugs or potentially nerfing anything that we see is wildly destroying games. (Think things like Release Guan).

Ratatoskr is doing really well right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if we nerf him based off what I saw; but it all depends if Design wants to hold and see how he plays out a little more or adjust him sooner. His stats would be characteristic of someone who is really strong and on the higher end of stats. The big thing for Rat is now that he has had his rework he actually has nobs we can turn to do better balancing on him where old rat had very few.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Pls don't bar me

Anyway, I have a question. Why isn't there a mode for casuals where you can use draft pick as they do in ranked? This would help new players become accustomed to the game faster without having to feel the stress of playing ranked.
    Splitting the population of the queue is generally why we don’t. If you want draft then you will need to play Ranked instead of getting a whole new queue with likely half the population. MMing especially suffers from doing things like this.

Clan Store: It was introduced, gave away a bunch of tier 2's and....nothing. You guys just dropped that project, what's the deal? Are we getting new chest? Are we getting new skins? Is it going to be worth anything? Are clan points going to remain useless? They're not even as useful as favor at this point.
    I highly doubt there has been a large portion of users who have even come close to unlocking all of the content in those chests. New content would likely arise as people get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by naggar27 View Post
    I'll just try this again, if PonPon doesnt answer then I know I messed up. But since he "took a glance" to show Nemesis was near the top of the pile, I was hoping the same could be done for Nox :/
    Nox stats? If I recall she is pretty middle of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    What if we could immidieatly ban 4 gods on each side and then everyone pick their gods or the ban system in Ranked will stay forever as it is now?
    Ranked is likely staying how it is for a while. The pick/banning phase is set up to try to not only favor one side, but allow for more indepth strategy when it comes to banning. Doing them the way we do, players can making smarter decisions about their bans as a whole. (ex. “Enemy team banned 3 tanks? Well we are first pick so I can ban out a fourth and pick one of the remaining tanks, punish them for the mistake on bans.”)

When are you going to restore bellona's disarm? Tank meta was last season and now you've given hunters more damage then they've ever had. 150 damage basics at level 5 is unacceptable. Bellona was a direct counter to hunters, 3 second disarm mattered. Now? Hunters have so much power there's honestly no reason to disengage when hit by it. It was literally the only cc hit to start season 3.
    Bellona is like smack dab in the middle of stats balance wise, with a strong competitive use and many people enjoying her in casuals. I get you feel she has been slighted and nerfed too heavily, but she is in a really solid place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    PonPon, will Aphrodite ever get a real passive instead of an aspect of her Kiss that's mislabeled as its own ability?
    I know that moving forward on gods, the passives like Aphro are trying to be avoided. Whether we would go back and revisit hers is something I am not sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by samirc11 View Post
    Are you guys planning on revamping the leveling system? It's pretty useless after you hit lvl 30, so I though of something.

What about having it work like CoD prestiges? But wait! There is more!
    Every player who hits lvl 30 for the first time gets a free skin (hold on).
    If you want, you can choose to reset your lvl back to 1, but every time you reset it, you'll have to pay either a favor or gem price.
    Every 5 "prestiges" or "times you reset your lvl", you gain an upgraded version of the free skin you got.
    And you also get an icon that will change every time you reset your player lvl.

Just a thought

Also!

I was thinking that it would maybe be a good idea to change the Clan Chests rewards seasonally, to rotate it.
    Leveling system is something we make look at later. I know every time it has been brought up we like the idea of adding extra progression (worshipers are one example) and prestige could be a way of doing it. UI time has been limited though.

Maybe, but unlikely. Clan Chests as a whole serve their purpose well of being a reward for people in a clan. Cycling them out when a good portion of players havn’t unlocked it all while also forcing us to create new content for them (which limits content we can pump out elsewhere) is unlikely to happen currently.

Include this one

why was suntouch given credit to the TP issue that's been brought up several times before here and on reddit? It just reinforces the fact that the only people HiRez listens to are pros. Hell I think that issue has even been commented in here. but nope, wasn't by a pro, that person was wrong. I reported Mail of renewal being broken for almost a year. Got responses on here even. Didn't get changed until a few more months. Made 5 bug topics, got told it was an issue. Was changed a few patches ago, it was bugged for almost a year. Maybe if I was in SPL it would of gotten changed the next day.

This just reinforces so many things wrong with communication. You have 1600+ post on here. Is anyone besides HiRezPonPon answering questions? No. You make one post on reddit, get it upvoted and the issue is resolved in a day. Make a post on here. Nothing. Never get a feed back on previous questions, never get an update. Never get anyone else making responses. Reddit gets all types of HiRez comments yet the official forums? I can honestly say I've never seen an executre producer, a designer, anyone aside from a community manager EVER post in the forums and certainly never in this thread. So what's the point of this thread? I'll just go make a reddit thread and get a response...or even better! I won't make a reddit thread. I will actually tell a pro what I think and have THEM make the post instead.
    Because Suntouch actually had a match history that let us identify the bug. The bug wasn’t clear cut, and statistically over a large period almost nobody but the super “elite” ranked players could even experience it.

The common complaints about the TP issue are not specifically what Suntouch’s issue was.

Often you won’t receive updates on issues unless they are being actively worked on, and if they are you will see it very soon in a patch. Mail Of Renewal was half design deciding how they wanted it to work, and then half fixing it once we got through our backlog to them. Comparatively an issue with a proc case is less important and less needing to pull programmers off their current tasks to fix than a massive issue with TP gains.

When it comes to working at a gaming studio you have to prioritize things, and in the case of Suntouch he gave super clear evidence, as well as had a match history that actually let us identify the issue, and the issue was massive. It would be silly of us to not rush a fix for this.

Also, McKnight; for this thread peer to peer is going to be not allowed. While sometimes useful, it ends up cluttering the thread when really what should be happening if people want to discuss issues is make topics surrounding it and have that discussion there.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezPonPon View Post
    Also, McKnight; for this thread peer to peer is going to be not allowed. While sometimes useful, it ends up cluttering the thread when really what should be happening if people want to discuss issues is make topics surrounding it and have that discussion there.
    Fair enough. I still disagree on Bellona though.