Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How would YOU nerf Nox?

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points

How would YOU nerf Nox?

You know, I'm curious. I've been seeing so many threads about Nox, with people bitching about her, with so much blah blah blah about being broken and disruptive, and other thing, that I was wondering how would people take on Nox's kit without making her completely garbage.

Lets take a look at what she has that can be reasonably nerfed, shall we?

Flame of the Night - Oh, yeah, did you remember that Nox has a passive? Yeah, that can give her 12% of her magical power if she is not hit. I don't think it makes that much of a difference, people barely care about this one anyway, nah, you wouldn't even touch this.

Shadow Lock - Ah, the infamous root+cripple channel that for some reason people think its broken on Nox when Scylla can do that to 3 people without channeling and without her damaging depending on it. Can we change this? Yes, we can, we can remove the cripple, right? Wouldn't change her oneshot potential, after all, the rest of her 2+1 combo covers it, but should she miss her 2, others can simply escape this ability with movement abilities, she would have 0 contribution to her team for missing a single ability. Removing her cripple is not fair for Nox, but having that strenght doesn't seem right to people.

Syphon Darkness - I cringe to call this ability by name when I think about Syphon Darkness v1, but lets take a look at this ability as it is now. A big AoE silence that takes 2s to detonate, dealing heavy damage. One of the reasons people complain about Nox is her burst and disruption, which is all offered by this ability. But what should we do about it? Removing the silence is out of question, surely, it would still be bursty, but you could literally just jump out of it.

Reducing its damage is not a good idea either, you need to land two abilities to land the damage of this ability, it has a fairly high cooldown and Nox can only setup one person if she lands her combo right, it would be really weak if it dealt mediocre damage, after all, in a long cooldown and needing setup from other things, the ability should be rewarding.

Shadow Step - There are two problems I see people bitching about when I talk about this ability: the stacking damage and the "immunity". Looking at the stacking damage... honestly, why people even? The only way you can get both instances from this is if you happen to have an enemy between you and an ally, and even in a gank, which is the only scenario where this is likely to happen, you'd still be better opening with 2+1 combo than this. The "immunity" part is really not a great issue, as it is more of a bet that Nox can make, as she loses complete control of her movement and there are multiple scenarios where she actually can put herself in more danger than if she had just dashed forward without entering a shadow. And even if they nerfed this ability, it wouldn't change the oneshot potential she is known for, as it comes from her 2+1 combo.

Night Terror - I honestly see no people complaining about this, people don't really use it right anyway, they just use it as a finisher, so... why bother.

Now, with all I said about the abilities considered, tell me: what would you nerf on Nox? Because considering her completely unhealthy design that goes from "OP" to patethic, the only way HiRez could change her is a rework.

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I would set scaling on Shadow Step to 50%. And changed her passive so it would lose stacks only then hit by a god. Maybe I'd swap the damage reduction on her ult for blind effect. That's all. I wouldn't really nerf her.

As for reworks - she would be the first to be reworked twice. And I don't like reworks in the first place because reworking a god is much like shouting "HEY PEOPLE! I'M REALLY FUCKING BAD AT MY JOB! YEA! AND I'M ALSO LAZY!" So if I was working in HiRez I wouldn't think of reworking her in the first place.
    Last edited by SkinnydreaD; 05-27-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnydreaD View Post
    I would set scaling on Shadow Step to 50%. And changed her passive so it would lose stacks only then hit by a god. Maybe I'd swap the damage reduction on her ult for blind effect. That's all. I wouldn't really nerf her.
    Please, just talk about nerfs. I'm just curious on how people would deal with her without making her useless.

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Only change I would do is make her 2 silence enemies after the damage has been dealt.

Or, make her 2 similar to the old nox's two (where it has a smaller radius and the damage gets dealt quicker), and make it silence after.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious NecroPheonyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Please, just talk about nerfs. I'm just curious on how people would deal with her without making her useless.
    By not touching her, you explained it quite well. Hopefully people will actually read this and realize she's not OP.
    Note to self, bring home bones of enemies for Cerberus to chew upon.

Hades for President!

Cerberus concept.

Join the The Smite Discord! Anyone is welcome:

https://discord.gg/DVySbuH

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroPheonyx View Post
    she's not OP.
    I'm about to faint

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Literally just undo the buffs. You have a mage like Anubis sitting there...literally he's that slow and you'r ebuffing nox, Scylla, RAIJIN!? Just undo her buffs. He's a hard to play god, it doesn't make her less OP. Same with Serqet. She's hard to play but she was really good, so they nerfed her and she disappeared. The nerfs were unnecessary. Just like the buffs for Nox were unnecessary.

Senior Member Prestigious NecroPheonyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    I'm about to faint
    Do it, we will be rid of another person that cant move out a giant AOE bubble and instead chooses to complain about something easily avoided.
    Note to self, bring home bones of enemies for Cerberus to chew upon.

Hades for President!

Cerberus concept.

Join the The Smite Discord! Anyone is welcome:

https://discord.gg/DVySbuH

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    I don't see why I would nerf anything besides reverting some of 3.7 buffs. Because people who complain about Nox seem like they haven't played a Nox game themselves.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I still stand by what I originally proposed. Force her to channel her root for its full duration (depending on how far she was when she cast it) and being unable to cast it so it's easier to punish her, without jeopardizing her playstyle.

I have a wacky idea for Nox. Give her abilities additional utility when she has all her candles lit, but they will be snuffed out at this point if she successfully hits someone with 2+1. This would justify giving Shadow Lock the cripple as she can be free to use it, but only under the condition of if no one takes damage from both it and Siphon Darkness.

And yet another wacky idea. Remove the silence from Siphon Darkness's bubble and replace it with increased mana costs and damage reduction if you use an ability within its radius, and enemies that are hit by the explosion OR enemies that are locked down and exploded are Silenced instead. GIves back a flair of old Nox and makes her less annoying right away, in a more surreptitious light.

Or rework Shadow Lock's general usage to a more invasive version, kind of like say Nemesis's passive mixed into her DoT. If used on an enemy outside of Siphon Darkness, Nox instead possesses them with her shadow and tears their own shadow out, slowing them by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2s (or less if she is farther from them) and stealing 3/6/9/12/15 magical power (3/5/7/9/11 phys power) per each tick of damage for 2s. (Max. 4 ticks, 12/24/36/48/60 Mag, 12/20/28/36/44 Phys). Gives her more utility and has her decide between making a mage useless in a teamfight, or bursting them down. A hint to the anti-mage she could be imo.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.