Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 298

Thread: SMITE on Mac Beta - Feedback/Issues

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Manager Follower HiRezAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    119
    9
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 842
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    50

    SMITE on Mac Beta - Feedback/Issues

    If you're playing SMITE on the Mac through Steam, please leave your feedback or report any bugs you see in this thread!

    For Frequently Asked Questions, click here!

    Known Issues:

    - Vulcan turrets are sometimes invisible
    - No purchase sound after double clicking items to buy
    - Many god cards have no art
    - Poseidon's passive bar is broken
    - Does not have internal browser
    - The ping sound is not working after the first ping
    - God passive tooltip is undefined
    - God lore displaying wrong language
    - Buff timers show a square image
    - Drop down to change language does not work
    - Account info did not transfer levels to Mac
    - Old account wont pass the long in screen, but when they make a new one it passes
    - Having issues with logging into games then crashes
    - Players having issues with controller on Mac build
    - Game freezing while trying to log in
    - Giant red line appearing on screen on minimum settings
    - On minimum setting count down timer is flickering
    Last edited by HiRezAmanda; 05-31-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Updating Known Issues
    SMITE Community Manager | @HiRezAmanda

  2. #2
    New Member Cupidhead StarKEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    1
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Rep Power
    0
    Smite is going great on the Mac.
    For most Mac users, it may be difficult to use the F1-F4 keys unless they enable the "F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" in their system preferences.
    Other than that, everything is great.

  3. #3
    New Member Cupidhead Tym3kB0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    1
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Rep Power
    0
    It doesn't open How can I fix it?
    I get this when I click "Play" in the smite launcher, which btw opens ok.

  4. #4
    Associate QA Cupidhead HiRezDrewpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    13
    3
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tym3kB0 View Post
    It doesn't open How can I fix it?
    I get this when I click "Play" in the smite launcher, which btw opens ok.
    Have you sent a ticket in about this issue?

  5. #5
    New Member Cupidhead TanthalasYT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi, I like so much Smite. I have question. Have you got thought publish Smite on Linux??

  6. #6
    New Member Cupidhead Tym3kB0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3
    1
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Rep Power
    0
    On reddit people say that linux will not be supported in the near future vvgt

  7. #7
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanthalasYT View Post
    Hi, I like so much Smite. I have question. Have you got thought publish Smite on Linux??
    Linux and Mac share a common ancestor, so it may be coming in the future. I very much expect it since hirez seems to be focusing on putting smite on every platform they can.

    EDIT: Everyone that's having verification issues, make sure that there isn't something on your computer blocking the connection to hirez' servers. (I'm not 100% sure how mac works, I'm sure there's some sort of proxy settings).

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead jaredkent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    7
    1
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Haven't played too many matches yet, just running around in Jungle doing a few tests here's what I've noticed.

    Controller support is a bit screwy. Now I know OSX and XBO controllers don't work quite as smoothly as they do on Windows 10, so still looking into whether or not this is the controller drivers or smite. I've found that the movement joystick is inverted, move forward and end up going backwards and vice versa. Also appears not to have support for the triggers or the start/menu button. I'm lead to believe this is on Smite's end because the controller works fine in other games. Haven't noticed any other buttons working in correctly just yet.

    Another issue I found is that when I "Exit Game", Smite will close but the icon will stay in my Dock and say that the application is still open. If I right click it tells me the application is not responding and asks if I want to force quit, which produces no results. This prevents other games from opening because Steam still sees Smite as open. Requires a hard reboot to remove.

    Will post more as I find more bugs.

    EDIT: Definitely on Smite's end with the controller support. I've detailed my experience with the three controllers I have below.

    Xbox One Controller: Shows the previously mentioned results
    - L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
    - No L2/R2 trigger support
    - L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings

    Xbox 360 Controller: Showing the same problems, except no movement issues.
    - No L2/R2 trigger support
    - L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings

    PS4 controller: Does have plug n' play support on OSX and doesn't require additional drivers, yet still has all sorts of problems. These are the ones I've noticed.
    - Camera is constantly spinning to the left with zero input from controller
    - It appears as though L2 cancels this out, which means L2 is what causes the camera to move to the right
    - L2 appears to register as "GAMEPAD START" in keybind settings
    - R2 registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - R3 joystick has no control of camera movement
    - L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
    - No d-pad support
    - L3 button has no support
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD UP" in settings
    - Playstation button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD DOWN" in settings
    - Start/Options button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Back/Share button registers as "L3" in settings
    - PS4 Touchpad registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD LEFT" in settings
    Last edited by jaredkent; 05-27-2016 at 01:26 PM.

  9. #9
    Xbox Producer Senior Cupidhead HiRezLancelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    84
    3
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkent View Post
    Haven't played too many matches yet, just running around in Jungle doing a few tests here's what I've noticed.

    Controller support is a bit screwy. Now I know OSX and XBO controllers don't work quite as smoothly as they do on Windows 10, so still looking into whether or not this is the controller drivers or smite. I've found that the movement joystick is inverted, move forward and end up going backwards and vice versa. Also appears not to have support for the triggers or the start/menu button. I'm lead to believe this is on Smite's end because the controller works fine in other games. Haven't noticed any other buttons working in correctly just yet.

    Another issue I found is that when I "Exit Game", Smite will close but the icon will stay in my Dock and say that the application is still open. If I right click it tells me the application is not responding and asks if I want to force quit, which produces no results. This prevents other games from opening because Steam still sees Smite as open. Requires a hard reboot to remove.

    Will post more as I find more bugs.

    EDIT: Definitely on Smite's end with the controller support. I've detailed my experience with the three controllers I have below.

    Xbox One Controller: Shows the previously mentioned results
    - L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
    - No L2/R2 trigger support
    - L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings

    Xbox 360 Controller: Showing the same problems, except no movement issues.
    - No L2/R2 trigger support
    - L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings

    PS4 controller: Does have plug n' play support on OSX and doesn't require additional drivers, yet still has all sorts of problems. These are the ones I've noticed.
    - Camera is constantly spinning to the left with zero input from controller
    - It appears as though L2 cancels this out, which means L2 is what causes the camera to move to the right
    - L2 appears to register as "GAMEPAD START" in keybind settings
    - R2 registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - R3 joystick has no control of camera movement
    - L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
    - No d-pad support
    - L3 button has no support
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD UP" in settings
    - Playstation button registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD DOWN" in settings
    - Start/Options button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Back/Share button registers as "L3" in settings
    - PS4 Touchpad registers as "GAMEPAD DPAD LEFT" in settings
    Thanks for the details, will look into it.

  10. #10
    New Member Cupidhead NotoriousZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredkent View Post
    Haven't played too many matches yet, just running around in Jungle doing a few tests here's what I've noticed.

    EDIT: Definitely on Smite's end with the controller support. I've detailed my experience with the three controllers I have below.

    Xbox One Controller: Shows the previously mentioned results
    - L3 joystick has forward and backward movement reversed
    - No L2/R2 trigger support
    - L3 button registers as "GAMEPAD START" in settings
    - R3 button registers as "GAMEPAD BACK" in settings
    - Back/View button registers as "R3" in settings
    - Start/Menu button registers as "L3" in settings
    I was able to figure out the inverted issue and i've managed to layout everything EXACTLY how i want it. My only two issue are what you have above about the triggers not working (meaning that i cannot attack lol) & the look sensitivity. I really dont like the slow sensitivity but i could live with it if i have to. Do you have any idea on how to speed up the look sensitivity?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •