14 31.82%
  • Nay

30 68.18%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rata- Yay or Nay?

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    I agree on that Ratatoskr was really frustrating at one point, but it was once again the typical Hi-Rez case: nerfed in the wrong spots, then nerfing what needed to be nerfed, leaving the god in a bad stage. After his dashes were nerfed, all his abilities were already and nothing got reverted. I still stand by the claim he could have been made balanced.

Would it be hard? Probably.

Skadi is nothing gamebreaking, but she does... Kind of breaks the game in the same way as Zeus does. Meaning you can literally faceroll the keyboard, since the god does half of it's kit by itself. And I do think automatically confirmed kits are a mess, but that's maybe just me. Literally I could put my pet snake, Apophis on the keyboard and she could get kills with Kaldr... I mean Skadi without actual efforts put into it.

Well, out of Fish's gods, I like Ravana the best, then followed by Xing Tian, Susan, Raijin. I don't really like Chiron, simply because the autolock nonsense. Fuck autolock mechanics.
    Quite funny how I called Skadi the Physical Zeus a little while ago. It's true, but she is indeed unique and balanced. And a great beginner god. She's certainly well done, but pet classes have never been my cup of tea. Coming from someone who likes Ravana, you can probably see why.
    If I should rate Fish's gods, it would probably be Chiron, Ravana, Xing, Susano and Raijin. Chiron is very straightforward and does well at a consistent rate and range with good sustain. Also great finisher ult. Ravana is one of the most engaging gods in the game and has always been, before and after rework. Xing same thing, also very engaging although sadly with a bit of the Guardian essence. Susano is quite the messy assassin, but I like the long ass combos with multiple casts. Makes me feel like a skill floor, sadly, he's not balanced enough and his skill floor is horribly low since all he needs is to mash his spell buttons and he'll kill mostly anything. Raijin is to put it simply, a total clunky mess.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Less Drybear kits the better.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Less Drybear kits the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    The less Drybear designs, the better.
    Ayy/10char
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Ayy/10char
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I do agree if Hi-Rez took their time they could have made old Rat better, but they rushed through it. However, he shouldn't go back to what he was. Yes he may be boring, but at least he's good now. I don't know why everyone is so upset with him not being the worst God. People who were good with him, sorry to bother, but 95% of players couldn't play him, so he had to change.

I have yet to reply on his damage output, so I can't comment on that, but I think his cc is fine.

For those who say he's broken, send me your builds and I'll try them out when the update hits Xbox. My ultimate goal here is to make sure he is balanced. He might actually be broken, I can't say yet, but he is most definately better than he was before.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    All these people saying rat was the worst god in the game... it's just shameful. He was BALANCED. You played him in the solo lane, not the jungle. He was a bad assassin, he was a great bruiser. He's basically thor, but instead of CC he has sustain. He wasn't the best god, far from it, but he most definitely was not the worst.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Reworking a god into a completely different playstyle is a disrespect to all its players and HiRez should take note of that. I'd rather have a god with a kit underpowered and fun for ten thousand years over a boring balanced one for a day. One fact that I hate to admit is that League of Legends has been doing reworks excellently throughout the years, even characters like Taric, who recently received a kit with seemingly completely different abilities, retains the original playstyle he had before. And Smite, who is, in my eyes, a much superior game, has been failing miserably in all reworks with exception of 2 (3 if you consider Nox's first partial rework).
    Last edited by Macaulyn; 05-25-2016 at 08:45 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead samirc11's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    They totally ruined his fun and original kit.

You let me down Ajax

Senior Member Prestigious Necromancer776's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I still don't get why everyone cares so much about having a "fun" kit even if you end up going waaaaay negative. Like seriously that's just disrespect to your fellow teammates.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    I still don't get why everyone cares so much about having a "fun" kit even if you end up going waaaaay negative. Like seriously that's just disrespect to your fellow teammates.
    YOU go way negative, not everyone.