Thread: Being penalize for not pick god in casuals. (Not ranked)

New Member Cupidhead ATLian1988's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Being penalize for not pick god in casuals. (Not ranked)

I feel in casuals if I get paired up with guys who do not understand basic principles of team comps. and I end up with 3 assasian auto locks for example and i refuse to pick a god bc of the high percentage chance that I'm going to play for 20 to 30 mins and get destroyed I feel No one should be hit with a deserter at god selection in my opinion. Quiting in game I understand a deserter but not when the game hasn't even started yet. When guys don't pick gods in my games I have no problem with just re queuing.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Real Garden of Eden's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    cause when new gods come out you get those dirtbags that won't play any other god and whine about someone getting the god before them. when you queue up you're agreeing to be matched up and then you press okay knowing there's idiots online. plus you're wasting 9 other people's time not picking a god least one I had to reque 6 times cause of that and then I went to assault
    Guns don't kill people, I kill people with guns

Junior Member Cupidhead KoD BlackDawn's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Second that. I know is't anoying to end up with team comps that are shit, but you just have to do your best to round out the team and make the best of it. I admit, I've not picked before as well, but the penalty was well deserved.
    Idiots end up on both teams and I am always amazed what games you can manage to win because the enemy lineup is even worse

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Seems like there's a thread like this every other week and Hi-Rez continues to ignore the issue. I'm not saying people shouldn't be penalized, but the penalties they have in place are just too severe; you shouldn't get a 30 minute penalty with 100% goodwill. The real kicker is you have less chance of being penalized for quitting mid-game which happens all too often.
    Last edited by ChaoticP; 06-10-2016 at 02:11 AM.
    "Know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a 100 battles." -Sun Tzu

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLian1988 View Post
    I feel in casuals if I get paired up with guys who do not understand basic principles of team comps. and I end up with 3 assasian auto locks for example and i refuse to pick a god bc of the high percentage chance that I'm going to play for 20 to 30 mins and get destroyed I feel No one should be hit with a deserter at god selection in my opinion. Quiting in game I understand a deserter but not when the game hasn't even started yet. When guys don't pick gods in my games I have no problem with just re queuing.
    You don't mind requeing but O do I. That's a load of crap not picking a god because you don't like what others picked DEAL WITH IT . I get the part where you hate people that create the worst team comp ever, Yeah I hate it too but your wasting 5-9 people's time by being stubborn. If Hi-Rez won't make it so the 'non-picker' gets kicked from the match instead of an entire reque for everyone than that penalty for not picking should be enormous.

Rant over.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    You don't mind requeing but O do I. That's a load of crap not picking a god because you don't like what others picked DEAL WITH IT . I get the part where you hate people that create the worst team comp ever, Yeah I hate it too but your wasting 5-9 people's time by being stubborn. If Hi-Rez won't make it so the 'non-picker' gets kicked from the match instead of an entire reque for everyone than that penalty for not picking should be enormous.

Rant over.
    You may not mind people creating shitty comps, but O do I. That's a load of crap having to spend an entire match getting my ass handed to me because you didn't want to fill a role DEAL WITH IT.

See how it goes both ways. I'll be honest there's been times when I didn't fill role because I was trying to master a god, but you know what if someone's not cool with that, it's fine by me if they don't pick. I'll just re-queue and hope I'm quicker on the draw next time, I'm not gonna try and defend it like it wasn't a dick move on my part. That's roughly 20-40 minutes of someone's day I might be screwing over vs what? 2 minutes of my own time, hell that's not even enough time to listen to a song.

A 10 minutes penalty that's fine, 30 minutes for a repeated offense that's fair and you can just keep gradually adding on to it every time he/she doesn't pick a god or if they don't pick a god every couple matches or so. But no one should have to attempt to carry a team that seemingly cares little about winning repeatedly match after match.
    Last edited by ChaoticP; 06-11-2016 at 06:20 PM.
    "Know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a 100 battles." -Sun Tzu