Thread: Big thread of item suggestions

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran

Big thread of item suggestions

I think Smite is missing a few core item types, which make it impossible for some roles to exist in the game (for example Magical Warrior/Physical casters). More often then not, we use the same items based on role, regardless of the god we play. In this thread I don't plan to replace the core items that are being used on most gods, but provide more viable counterbuilds and alternatives to some core builds, which can work on certain gods. Some of the items are also reworked or have changed places.
    At any point, feel free to suggest more items or rework of the listed ones!

To provide room for future additions I will list all item trees, but won't include information unless the items are changed:

Part 1, Physical items:

New items:

(T2) Bloodied Gauntlet (new branch on Spiked Gauntlet)
    Cost: 850 (1500)
    Physical Power: 20
    Physical Lifesteal: 10%
    Mana: 75

( T3) Vampiric Hand (Spiked Gauntlet->Bloodied Gauntlet)
    Cost: 950 (2450)
    Physical Power: 40
    Physical Lifesteal: 15%
    Mana: 200
    Passive: You physical lifesteal now also works on abilities

(T3) Shield of Retaliation (Old Shield->Tower Shield)
    Cost: 1170 (2670)
    Physical Power: 40
    Physical Protection: 25
    Magical Protection: 25
    Passive: 10% of true damage taken (before protections) added as additional damage on next hit.

Existing items changes:

(T2) Charged Morningstar
    Cost: 825 (1475) from 1065 (1715)
    MP5: 6 (from 4)

(T3) Trascendence
    Cost: 885 (2360) from 885 (2600)
    MP5: 12 (from 6)

(T3) Winged Blade
    CDR: 15%

(T3) Spiked Mace (Spiked Shield moved to the Mace item tree)

Cost: 1470 (720+750)

(T3) Void Mace (Void Shield moved to Mace ->Spiked Mace)

Cost: 2560 (1090 +1470)

Part 2, Magical items:

New items:

(T2) Ward Amulet (new branch on Tiny Trinket)
    Cost: 660 (1200)
    Physical Protection: 15
    Magical Power: 15
    Lifesteal: 10%

(T3) Baetylus (Tiny Trinket->Ward Amulet)
    Cost: 1350 (2520)
    Physical Protection: 30
    Magical Power: 40
    Lifesteal: 20%
    Passive: Lifesteal scaling on Area of Effect or Damage over Time abilities is doubled

(T2) Resonating Artifact (new branch on Lost Artifact)
    Cost: 1000 (1600)
    Magical Power: 30
    CDR: 10%
    MP5: 15

(T3) Chalice of Order (Lost Artifact->Resonating Artifact)

Cost: 980 (2580)
    Magical Power: 50
    MP5: 20
    Passive: Healing increased by 15%. Additionally, your next abillity cast will be free of mana cost and will deal twice its mana cost as additional true damage or healing. Cooldown: 30 seconds

(T3) Flaming Sigil (Soul Reliquary->Soul Trap)
    Cost: 1510 (3100)
    Magical Power 100
    Mana 300
    Passive: Whenever a god takes damage from your abillities, they take a stacking debuff dealing 1% of their maximum health as magic damage each second for 3 seconds. This may stack up to 3 times and the counter resets after each stack.

(T1) Magic stone (Magical Power + Protections tree) (new item tree)
    Cost: 860
    Magical Power: 25

(T2) Runestone (branch on Magic Stone)
    Cost: 750 (1610)
    Magical Power: 35
    Magical Protection: 40

(T3) Shard of Svalinn (Magic Stone->Runestone)
    Cost: 800 (2400)
    Magical Power: 60
    Magical Protection: 60
    Passive: When hit by an ability, your magical protection increases by 30 for 5 seconds. Can only occur once every 20 seconds.

(T2) Radiant Crystal (branch on Magic Stone)
    Cost: 750 (1610)
    Magical Power: 35
    Physical Protection: 40

(T3) Crystal Shield (Magic Stone->Radiant Crystal)
    Cost: 800 (2400)
    Magical Power: 60
    Physical Protection: 60
    Passive: Block a basic attack every 8 seconds.

Changes to existing items:

(T3) Chronos Pendant (moved to Resonating Artifact branch)
    Cost: 600 (2200)

Part 3, Defensive items:

Changes to existing items:

(T3) Mail of Renewal

(T3) Spirit Robe

What else do you want to add to the list?
    Last edited by Aurasai; 08-29-2014 at 04:37 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    To give some clarification on the purpose of these items:
    • Hydra's Lament, Vampiric Hand and Jottun's Wrath are geared towards a viable alternative for non-crit builds. The damage on Hydra's Lament is now doubled, and it can also work on abilities (even AOE). Instead of triggering after cast, it is now on a cooldown. Together these items could work well on gods like Thor or Neith, who have high scalings and depend a lot on abilities to do damage.
    • Shield of Retaliation is a good item to be used on tankier gods who want to counter burst damage gods.
    • Baetylus is an item for gods like Anubis (a god, which IMO can only be balanced with itemization). It provides some survivabillity and greatly increases the effectiveness of lifesteal on AOE abilities (from 33,3% to 66,6%).
    • Chalice of Order is an item with the purpose of making support mages a viable choice, or giving a viable damage item to some tanks. The item gives a lot of free damage/healing, independant of magical power. Chronos Pendant is also cheaper, as an alternative to this item.
    • Flaming Sigil is what you would want to get vs a team with a lot of health. It's essentially a Qin's Sais for mages. While Soul Reaver has the same purpose, it is unreliable on gods with large AOEs who don't want to spend a 60 sec cooldown burst on the tank.
    • The Magic Stone tree is the mages version of Old Shield. In terms of protections, magical gods lack offensive items with protection. As of the current itemisation, a magical warrior would simply not work, due to the lack of items.
    • Shard of Svalinn a mage version of Shield of Regrowth.
    • Crystal Shield a counter item to physical gods.

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Update: All 10% CDR items were buffed to be 15%, at least untill we figure out more viable CDR items. I think getting a situational 10% CDR item when you have another CDR item should give you 40% cdr (or 30%), instead of 35% or 25%.

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    General changes:

Cooldown improvements: Seem fair, might be a bit much on some items i.e. Mail of Renewal. Seems to neuter the tradeoff between the two a little too much.

Item changes:

Hydra's Star: 100% of physical power seems too much, unless you mean that it's physical power from items. As it stands, Hydra's Lament works on basic attack damage. Adding it to abilities only further buffs the usage on gods like Loki, who already have insane ability burst. If you want to retain that strength, lower the power scaling to 85%, same as Polynomicon.

Vampiric Hand: Assuming they retain the AoE coefficient, it could work. I'm not liking it to be honest, it's FAR too easy to stack physical lifesteal. Bloodforge offers 20-30%, Asi is 30%. Thanatos doesn't need any more healing on his abilities either. Arbitrary 200 mana on it, could be reduced in return for MP5, offering another POTENTIAL item for physical MP5.

Jotunn's Wrath: Just no. It's already a core physical item on assassins, and you're taking 1 pen off their autoattacks in return for 10 penetration while still retaining 25% CDR. There was a reason it was nerfed from the 15 pen it had. If you want to retain any semblance of that passive, my advice would be to lower the CDR or inherent pen down to 15-20% CDR or 5 flat pen. There is no way Jotunn's needs a buff in any way, shape or form. I'm liking the fact that these ideas are more out of the box, they may need some numerical tweaks though.

Baetylus: Will discuss after next patch.

Chalice of Order: Intriguing idea, but makes Asclepius useless, the stats completely outshine it for the price. Either lower the numbers on the passive or a price increase to 2850. Also the only item I don't agree on a 15% CDR, 10% makes it comparable to the 10% movement speed you get from the other healing increase item.

Flaming Sigil: Magical Qin's Sais? I'll take the assumption that this damage is magical and is therefore mitigated by protections, as true damage on it would be RATHER stupid. All I'm saying is this looks like a quite heavily nerfed version of Dementor's Doll, and it would be rather insane on people like Ao Kuang(not that I mind). If you capped the max stacks at 2 rather than 3, I think it could look like a usable item. Maybe a 50-75 cost increase or a 5 reduction in magical power, but overall it's not the worst designed item I've ever seen.

Magic Stone: Seems alright, we need more magical protection items for magical characters.

Crystal Shield: Would it not be a good item to 'absorbs an enemy critical hit once every 8 seconds' as a indirect counter to crits rather than a basic attack every 8 seconds. More of a direct counter to Hunters then.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Achievements:
    Hydra's Star: 100% of physical power seems too much, unless you mean that it's physical power from items. As it stands, Hydra's Lament works on basic attack damage. Adding it to abilities only further buffs the usage on gods like Loki, who already have insane ability burst. If you want to retain that strength, lower the power scaling to 85%, same as Polynomicon.
    I actually thought the scaling on Hydra's Star was on bonus physical power only, and not on basic attack damage. The suggested item is exclusive to physical power, not attack damage. It's purpose is as a burst item, viable with a very high physical power build.
    Vampiric Hand: Assuming they retain the AoE coefficient, it could work. I'm not liking it to be honest, it's FAR too easy to stack physical lifesteal. Bloodforge offers 20-30%, Asi is 30%. Thanatos doesn't need any more healing on his abilities either. Arbitrary 200 mana on it, could be reduced in return for MP5, offering another POTENTIAL item for physical MP5.
    AOE lifesteal is lowered, like on magical gods.The mana is given as bonus stat with a Transcendence build. The price is a bit higher compared to other choices, and you would generally take other items if you focus on a basic attack crit build.
    Jotunn's Wrath: Just no. It's already a core physical item on assassins, and you're taking 1 pen off their autoattacks in return for 10 penetration while still retaining 25% CDR. There was a reason it was nerfed from the 15 pen it had. If you want to retain any semblance of that passive, my advice would be to lower the CDR or inherent pen down to 15-20% CDR or 5 flat pen. There is no way Jotunn's needs a buff in any way, shape or form. I'm liking the fact that these ideas are more out of the box, they may need some numerical tweaks though.
    Fair enough. This may make it a bit too cost efficient. How about going to 5 basic attack pen + 10 ability pen? The idea behind it, is to have it as the item you would build for abillity focused assassins.
    Chalice of Order: Intriguing idea, but makes Asclepius useless, the stats completely outshine it for the price. Either lower the numbers on the passive or a price increase to 2850. Also the only item I don't agree on a 15% CDR, 10% makes it comparable to the 10% movement speed you get from the other healing increase item.
    Rod of Ascleptius has 100 magical power, Chalice of Order has 50. Additionally, Rod of Ascleptius has an AURA buffing the healing AND rengeneration of everyone on your team, Chalice buffs only the healing done from you (and they don't stack).
    Flaming Sigil: Magical Qin's Sais? I'll take the assumption that this damage is magical and is therefore mitigated by protections, as true damage on it would be RATHER stupid. All I'm saying is this looks like a quite heavily nerfed version of Dementor's Doll, and it would be rather insane on people like Ao Kuang(not that I mind). If you capped the max stacks at 2 rather than 3, I think it could look like a usable item. Maybe a 50-75 cost increase or a 5 reduction in magical power, but overall it's not the worst designed item I've ever seen.
    Damage is indeed magical. I guess considering this is an anti-health item, which is independent of power, I may nerf the power on it a bit.
    Crystal Shield: Would it not be a good item to 'absorbs an enemy critical hit once every 8 seconds' as a indirect counter to crits rather than a basic attack every 8 seconds. More of a direct counter to Hunters then.

Think that will be way too strong. As with the design of this item, it will block the damage of a basic attack and its on hit effects, regardless of it being magical or physical, crit or a Polynomicon proc.

Also what do you think on the repositioning of the items?
    Last edited by Aurasai; 06-09-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Achievements:
    Some changes to existing items:
    (T2) Charged Morningstar
    Cost: 825 (1475) from 1065 (1715)
    MP5: 6 (from 4)

(T3) Trascendence
    Cost: 885 (2360) from 885 (2600)
    MP5: 12 (from 6)

Now you can buy Charged Morningstar at level 1. It's a more cost effective item (2600 gold for a stacking item is quite a lot). The MP5 is changed to a value which you can actually notice.

Removed the Jotun's Wrath rework.