Thread: Solo queue protection

New Member Cupidhead Albireookami's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 362

Solo queue protection

Can something be done to where I'm not constantly being matched against heavily stacked premade groups? This has absolutely ruined playing smite this week as it comes down to whatever team I get matched up with the higher % premade composition, making the game just about unplayable solo queue. I have yet to have a match this week where it felt even without having to fight against the stacked groups.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Not sure if it applies the same (as I'm new here) but this thread, http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...3-Matchmaking! is along the same lines?

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    From me overplaying Smite this past year, I've found that the balancing aspect of Smite is pretty weak. Most people would tell you to find your own group or carry harder. However, it would make sense to have a solo queue only thing such as the moshpit modes in the older CoDs.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I've said this in other threads, but i'll repeat myself time and time again because its nice to know. The matchmaking system works of an ELO basis, where team A ELO will be relative to team B ELO, therefore, the ELOs of each team will be equal, or as close to one another. The matchmaking system will attempt to put premades together, but it has a time limit before this criteria is disabled and the team is matched with whoever because no one is going to want to wait for 20 minutes to play a game. Of course there are going to be issues at times where the ELOs of each team does not add up, but that is because the criterias for meeting this are eventually disabled so people can actually play the game.
    Although this does not fix the issue of unbalanced teams at times, the best bet is to either 'git gud' (sorry, too much Dark Souls is getting to me) and carry, or to play with friends who are somewhat competent at the game.
    Hi, I play on the Xbox version of Smite. I prefer to Jungle but I can fill pretty well.
    Gamertag: TsuToNami
    Current Diamonds: Ne Zha, Bellona, Osiris, Ravana, Xing Tian, Chaac, Ares, Tyr, Chronos, Hel, Hou Yi, Nemesis.
    "I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail..." 'Maslow's Hammer' - Abraham Maslow, 1966

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Albireookami View Post
    Can something be done to where I'm not constantly being matched against heavily stacked premade groups? This has absolutely ruined playing smite this week as it comes down to whatever team I get matched up with the higher % premade composition, making the game just about unplayable solo queue. I have yet to have a match this week where it felt even without having to fight against the stacked groups.
    To ad up Tsunami's answer is that Smite is a team based game. Solo queueing in big games such as conquest and arena is still a big risk to take because there is a big chance you are the only not premade player. Try and convince some friends to play with you. It will be way more tactic, less toxic and more fun.

However if you still prefer sollo queueing i suggets you rank up till lv 30. Get your best gods mastered and queue up for duel
    I have sinned today. Look at my face.
    Today I'm going wild like my funeral is today.
    We help to the bone and make a pit.
    Tonight we'll riot.
    We want riots, drink or take drugs. Fighting in the dark.
    We're not going to go home. We bring it out.
    We will sleep by day
    We want to riot in the hell, because in heaven there is no hardstyle

New Member Cupidhead Albireookami's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 362
    I would say that something needs to be done about the solo que issue, its down right ruining this game for me. I DONT have anyone of my skill level or time basis to play this game with and constantly (1 out of 20 games may not have a premade group on either side) is down right disgusting and franking brings me more anger than anything else. I don't care of its a "team game" put in some damn protections and stop making me fight against organized groups.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I've played up to rank 29, totally solo and 95% arena games.
    I've only just realised how to check if people are in a premade party, what region are you playing in?

Junior Member Cupidhead Gankstar's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    I don't usually get to carry most games I play. People always, always take the damage/carry roles first. I'm almost always mid or support. My win% as a solo mid is astronomical, but my win/loss record as a support makes me look like the worst support in the world which is far from the case as I was 4k MMR support in DOTA. The problem does not lie with the opposing team I find, it almost always is noob feeders on your own team who should've left the carry role to the good players (me).

As for matchmaking and ELO, it's so far from a perfect system it's not even funny. My MMR in DOTA was different by a good 500 points depending on which hero I was using and what the match-ups were. I've been put into enough Smite games by now where the difference in skill level between the two teams (for whatever the reason) is mind boggling.