Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: About Sol..

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    To get a kill with her nowadays you have to throw everything at the god multiple times, and even if i had 2 pen items, i would still do obscure damage. She is so hard to confirm a kill with...
    that's probably because she's less burst and more easy to hit poke. Once poly went away and her damage became less utterly disgusting her having one offensive damage ability (unless you run melee range for the 1) made her much more of a poker and sieger than anything else. She has good waveclear, good poke, and good tower damage. Decent sustained damage for a mage, enough aoe and cc in her kit to make her reliable, and a nice power buff to make her damage always at least decent.

Getting the kill isn't the only thing a god is for, sometimes just softening them up before a hard engage or making the enemy want to piss off is good enough. Other times having some constant damage to needle away at people is what you want instead of that big burst.

She's decent as she is now (granted coming from me decent is a good thing) and there's plenty of reason to pick her. She is one of the best siege gods you can have because she can do everything you need to take down a tower. Poke the enemy out, clear a wave, sustain herself, be safe, and finally she can split up the enemy team.
    anyone can be wrong, nobody is right all the time

if you feel angry try to not blame others over yourself, and if you must don't bother them with it they'll do worse

Everything has counter play. Except Hi Rez, plz nerf.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    that's probably because she's less burst and more easy to hit poke. Once poly went away and her damage became less utterly disgusting her having one offensive damage ability (unless you run melee range for the 1) made her much more of a poker and sieger than anything else. She has good waveclear, good poke, and good tower damage. Decent sustained damage for a mage, enough aoe and cc in her kit to make her reliable, and a nice power buff to make her damage always at least decent.

Getting the kill isn't the only thing a god is for, sometimes just softening them up before a hard engage or making the enemy want to piss off is good enough. Other times having some constant damage to needle away at people is what you want instead of that big burst.

She's decent as she is now (granted coming from me decent is a good thing) and there's plenty of reason to pick her. She is one of the best siege gods you can have because she can do everything you need to take down a tower. Poke the enemy out, clear a wave, sustain herself, be safe, and finally she can split up the enemy team.
    While all of that is true, she does need a simple buff to her 1's usage and her 2's damage by a bit, and as a mage she would have a strong ult, but she doesn't. Anyway, let's see how Hirez does things later on.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Anyway, let's see how Hirez does things later on.
    they won't...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    they won't...
    Are you really that sceptical? They might, if the community agrees with this and not argues over it.

Embrace the cold...

Achievements:
    Are you really that sceptical? They might, if the community agrees with this and not argues over it.
    Hi-Rez have no idea how to balance Sol, we had enough examples to see it clearly.

first one was when thay nerfed her passive instead of her 2, that was a real problem(not her 2 itself, but poly). secon was when they nerfed damage of her 1, yes, they nerfed damage of ability, that allready was useless to deal damage... third was when they remove stun from her 3, a stun in her 3 wasn't any kind of OP or broken, it was and still is one of the hardest cc to land in whole game, but they remove it anyway

yes, i don't hope to see Hi-Rez to buff gods, that need it and nerf gods, that need it. after bullshit Scylla buff, whaen they buffed god, that allready was good enough. after Bloodforge buff, when they basicaly buffed all hunters and assasins at once, yeah, Loki instakills squishies, but he is squishi itself, lets give him a shield for 400 fkn hp... after all that bullshit buffs and nerfs i don't belive Hi-Rez can balance this game anymore.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured LinkNightblade's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 748
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Bloodforge, while good in theory is far too potent as it is. However thats besides the point.

Sol isn't terribly good anymore, while she is technically "balanced", she isn't at the same time do to the over powered nature of most of the other gods in the game. They took away her burst and any sort of escape secure. While she can zoom off into the distance with her disparate, anyone with a sprint or a dash can catch back up and be waiting with new attacks and renewed abilities. That stun allowed her to escape more easily and gave her more options, now she is just a mediocre damaging mage that can barely escape should things go wrong.

Achievements:
    all problems with Sol is a fact that her total damage output is too low for hewr no cc kit. her 2 and ult deal ok damage for a single ability(except a fact, that her ult is kinda hard to land all hits), but not ok for her only sources of damage. her 1 deals damage, but it completely useless to deal damage. her 3 can deal damage... it your enemy is idiot.

her aa... well, almost any aa-based build for her is nearly useless right now. and reason is a fact, that her aa damage is almost the same as ability based mages do by their aa, this is not ok for aa-based mage.

so we got a mage that can do everything, but suck in everything...
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    all problems with Sol is a fact that her total damage output is too low for hewr no cc kit. her 2 and ult deal ok damage for a single ability(except a fact, that her ult is kinda hard to land all hits), but not ok for her only sources of damage. her 1 deals damage, but it completely useless to deal damage. her 3 can deal damage... it your enemy is idiot.

her aa... well, almost any aa-based build for her is nearly useless right now. and reason is a fact, that her aa damage is almost the same as ability based mages do by their aa, this is not ok for aa-based mage.

so we got a mage that can do everything, but suck in everything...
    Yes, the fact is, some people still say she is actually strong and viable. I don't think so, she needs a simple buff to her 1's healing and her 2 needs some of the damage back to her.

Embrace the cold...

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Yes, the fact is, some people still say she is actually strong and viable. I don't think so, she needs a simple buff to her 1's healing and her 2 needs some of the damage back to her.
    She's viable, just not strong. She's holding on by a thread.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Sol is still above the balance point, if you think otherwise you're just a baddie.