Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BUFF ARES ( yes you read that correctly)

Junior Member Cupidhead HadesCowboy's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Look i constantly see an Ares catch 5 ppl with his ult only to pull 1, alot of gods have moves that give them atlest a fraction of a second of CC immunity. And with the free beads it seems like the only reason to pick Ares is to force your opponents to get beads but atlest half of the gods in the current meta have some form of CC immunity.

Also, i havn't played 100 games of conquest, but I do consider that the main game is Conquest before I talk about buffing/nerfing a god, Ares doesn't bring enough to the table compared to Athena, Kepri, GEB, even Xing Tian.

New Member Cupidhead METALLOVINMANIAC's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    the relics CD is longer thank god but theres more than a handful of gods that can escape....His stun was fair before they removed it...now as soon ass i touchdown i chain but still that being said youre still able to move about and yes beads do remove the chain effect..i keep tabs on who i did/didnt pull and who beaded/didnt bead,or used cc immune abilities/who didnt...more often than not when i do pull those who should not have survived always seem to get away before any more abilities stack after my ult...with all the CC reduction items in game not to mention abilities theres soooo many ways to protect yourself from an ares pull..the stun was fair because it gave you a window to execute anything u had in mind..but now as soon as you land its like thanks for visiting please come again in the next 2nd-3rd pull i get you...with all the cc immune options you have it only seems reasonable to have a stun with longer duration per player pulled....say u pull 4-5 you need more time than a split second u have to give your team that window to stack instead of being surrounded by 4-5 enemy players all ganking you

i agree i may not have explained my arguments well as they are more based on personal experience but more ofthen than not im in the same sceanrios game after game...usually teamates bailing or not stacking, or being flooded by minions since ares cant wave clear to the level of effectiveness as the rest of 98% gods in the game can...so i again would like to see a base damage increase to allow ares to wave clear and yes fire anc chains is a good combo but is not enough necessarily compared to arachne web and AA combo or neith root and AA combo of odins shiled and dunk combo..not including gods who combo solo with their ult like nemesis ult and slice combo, awilix combo of popping u up and ulting you with only a few AA hits and thats all she wrote..the dmg buff would also be neceasarry to better frontline for the team and to counter the following gods i mentioned....or what you have is a battalion of minions surrounding you and enemy players on top of you with no way of escaping so as one of the least mobile gods in the game a base dmg increase only seems reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    If you think Ares isn't tanky and doesn't do damage you're a bad Ares.
    he doesnt do enough damage to wave clear at all then that should tell you something....and not exactly strong in defense as other tanks that you see get way more playtime because of reason like that which is ares being in design inferior to other guards as a frontline support role....obviously wiht level and building right ofcourse u can do dmg but you shouldnt need to be a high level with heavy power items to clear minions...obviously you didnt check out my ares stats to know i play an know him quite a bit

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    i think its more the item changes in season 3 that have hurt him the most. my current tank build has no aura items.

I dont play much ares but when I do the only thing that works for me is out poking the hell out of their tank with chains