Thread: Zhurong, The Burning Vessel - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Zhurong, The Burning Vessel - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

God Name: Zhurong
    Title: The Burning Vessel
    Pantheon Chinese
    Type: Physical, Melee
    Role: Warrior
    Pros: High Damage Output, Excellent Chaser

art by me. Willing to draw other people's concepts (shameless ad)

LORE:
    As one of the messengers of the Yellow Emperor, Zhurong spreads his master's orders like wildfire. His prowess in the battlefield cannot be bested, even by the mighty flood tides of the water demon, Gong Gong. It is this struggle, the original divine conflict, that forever shaped the world of mortals.

From his shining palace atop the Kunlun Mountains, his spark was the one that flourished in the world of man. Through him, warriors are able to light the night and spread the empire far and wide. These fires brought the Chinese Empire to a world of enlightenment, an age of social and military revolution. However, the churning tides of the world's oceans and rivers threatened to douse the flames of innovation and plummet the world to a land of desolating darkness.

Once a man of woman born, he lived in a world dominated by the dark of night. Yet one day, after a day of striking two sticks against each other, he found a hidden spark that cast away the darkness of the world. He discovered fire. From then on, he utilized fire in his personal and military prowess. Yet Gong Gong broke through the dams that man has built to control the rivers. The waters swelled and humanity began to slowly fade into the deep. Zhurong, the chosen among his people waged war with the beast for domination of the heavens.

Their fight shattered the world pillar, forever shifting the heavens and the earth. After their divine conflict, Gong Gong was forced to retreat deep within the recesses of the World Seas and Zhurong rose to the skies to oversee the progression of humanity. Yet the tides come crashing back and the world is in need of his divine spark. Clashing metals and roaring flames descend from the heavens. He is Zhurong, and his will be the flame to purge darkness from the world.

PASSIVE: Dying Flame
    When Zhurong dies he burns his core, storing energy until he bursts in a fiery explosion. He deals true damage that scales with his ultimate to enemies around him for a duration. When alive, Zhurong gains HP5 for 7 seconds after using an ability. This can only stack up to 3 times.
    Ability: Self
    Effect: Damage/Buff
    Damage: Starts at 75, 100/125/150/175/200 (+30% PP)
    HP5: +10

ABILITY 1: Burning Core
    Zhurong ignites in flames, dealing damage over time to enemies around him. He also gains an increase in power, attack speed and movement that decays over time.
    Ability: Area/Self
    Effect: Damage/Buff
    Damage: 10/14/18/22/26 (+25% PP) per 0.5s
    Duration of DOT: 5s
    Buffs: 20% (-4% per second)
    Cost: 45
    Cooldown: 9s

ABILITY 2: Infernal Rage
    Zhurong swings his sword around as he dashes forward, damaging and slowing enemies he passes through. Enemies in the outer rim of this ability are affected by basic attack effects.
    Ability: Directional.Line
    Effect: Damage
    Radius/Distance: 20ft / 55ft
    Damage: 110/160/210/260/310 (+75% PP)
    Slow: 20/25/30/35/40% Slow for 1.5s
    Cost: 50/55/60/65/70
    Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s

ABILITY 3: Heat Grip
    Zhurong sends his sword forward, grabbing enemies in a cone and pulling them to him. Enemies pulled are also affected by Embargo, which negates any buffs or abilities that they receive from allies.
    Ability: Directional.Cone
    Effect: CC
    Radius: 23ft
    Damage: 130/160/190/220/250 (+50% PP)
    Embargo Duration: 3s
    Cost: 70
    Cooldown: 16s

ULTIMATE: Battle Charge
    Zhurong starts dashing in a straight line and drags any enemies caught in his path with him. When he hits a wall all enemies dragged will be damaged once more and stunned. While dashing, Zhurong can slightly control the path that he is dashing.
    Ability: Directional.Line
    Effect: Dash/Damage
    Damage (Charge): 130/160/190/210/250 (+60% PP)
    Distance Max: 180ft
    Damage (Crash): 200/230/260/290/320 (+60% PP)
    Stun: 1.5s
    Cost: 95
    Cooldown: 55s

AUTHOR NOTES:
    There were several sources for making the kit of Zhurong: First is Sion from League (I think this is obvious). Second is Reinhart from Overwatch (I recommend you play it). Third is Kog' Maw (League again). His overall kit is best defined as an Attack! Attack! Attack! kit. Thanks to his passive, he can have that sustain after using abilities, creating an incentive for players to constantly use them in team fights.

His pull on the 3rd ability is more reliable (but much shorter) than Sylvanus' pull, allowing him to make better kill set ups than most other people. His main wave clear is his 2nd ability (which also serves as his escape so be careful when using this. His excellent mobility means he can outrun most people. His ultimate makes him a true beast, dragging and pinning any enemies hit. Note, while he is dashing with his ult, he is immune to all CC.

His passive can also get him kills as a last resort. If he dies, there's a small chance that he will take his killer with him. Note that the during Dying Flame stance, the player CAN STILL BE AFFECTED by crowd control abilities, so watch out for that.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Claymore07's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    From his lore i can see him being a hunter or a warrior. He'll be a cool addition to Smite.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 453
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Nice concept. Definitely saw from what sources you pulled this guy from.
    CITE IMAGES AND ANY OTHER SOURCES PLEASE!!!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore07 View Post
    From his lore i can see him being a hunter or a warrior. He'll be a cool addition to Smite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoushin View Post
    Nice concept. Definitely saw from what sources you pulled this guy from.
    Thanks guys I appreciate the compliments.
    Any feedback to make this guy better? Feedbacks are appreciated.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Claymore07's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The 3rd ability is like Susano's 2nd ability with a twist. Overall i like the kit it's different.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore07 View Post
    The 3rd ability is like Susano's 2nd ability with a twist. Overall i like the kit it's different.
    I actually had his concept way before Susano came out. When I saw his two was similar to my guy's 3, I was like "Oh fu**". I kept it since my original vision of him needed this ability to be effective in the battlefield.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB