View Poll Results: Which are your favorite concepts?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vidar, The Silent One by inferno18

4 20.00%
  • Skoll, The Suns Predator by inferno18

3 15.00%
  • Baldur, God of Light by Selince

3 15.00%
  • Planē, Personification of Error by Cloudhammer

5 25.00%
  • Achilles, The Untouchable by JohnOfAllTrades

3 15.00%
  • Daedalus, Master Inventor by JohnOfAllTrades

1 5.00%
  • Echo, Resounding Voice by JohnOfAllTrades

3 15.00%
  • Erebus, the God of Shadows by Zipper1204

3 15.00%
  • Sisyphus, the Immortal Trickster by GodlySparta

2 10.00%
  • Ajax, the Unmatched Warrior by AcidTheWarlock

3 15.00%
  • Hera, Goddess of Marriage and Family by GodlySparta

2 10.00%
  • Amatsu Mikaboshi, The August Star by samirc11

2 10.00%
  • Izanami and Izanagi, The Separated Lovers by Bhullar1

2 10.00%
  • Hattori Hanzo, The Legendary Ninja by Stormbas

2 10.00%
  • Thoth, Keeper of Knowledge by Obderhode

2 10.00%
  • Thoth, God of Wisdom/Arbitrator of the Gods by Duplicatename

2 10.00%
  • Shezmu, the God of Blood by Zipper1204

2 10.00%
  • Saturnus, God of the Harvest by SomeBurntPaper

0 0%
  • Orcus, God of the Underworld by Kaitoushin

4 20.00%
  • Divus Julius, God of the roman State by SchwarzerTod

1 5.00%
  • Dian Mu, Mother of Lightning by redmist456

6 30.00%
  • Yumil Kaxob, the Divine Seed by mrgreekzies

2 10.00%
  • Yama, the Lord of Souls by Zipper1204

2 10.00%
  • Gilgamesh, King of Uruk by samirc11

1 5.00%
  • Mictlantecuhtli, Lord of Mictlan by thePsychoBear01

1 5.00%
  • Pele, Goddess of Volcanoes by redmist456

10 50.00%
  • The Morrigan, Harbinger of War by SirKeksalot

3 15.00%
  • Donn, the Dark One by GodlySparta

0 0%
  • The Morrigan by ThePLaguedDawn

1 5.00%
  • Chernobog, Evil Incarnate by KushJesus

2 10.00%
  • Zorja, Twin Guardian by funnygai

0 0%
  • Koschei, the Deathless by mrgreekzies

2 10.00%
  • Satan, The Adversary by ThePsychoBear01

3 15.00%
  • Satan, The Fallen One by Alphadios

1 5.00%
  • Gnowee, Bringer of Light by SchwarzerTod

1 5.00%
  • Ahriman, God of Supreme Evil by AcidTheWarlock

2 10.00%
  • Unga, the Bloodthirsty by mrgreekzies

4 20.00%
  • Bumba, The Maker of the Cosmos by Kaitoushin

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: [May - June] God Concept Challenge

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Gods with at least one way of utilizing terrain (creating, removing, interacting, pinning, going through, ANYTHING) and a gameplay-pattern that revolves heavily around ONE specific core ability that may or may not have more than one effect or interaction with his/her other abilities or even the enemy's abilities.

-Okay, with this theme I intended to keep the "not so easy to figure out" thing while providing more freedom for the abilities themselves. I still want to see some interaction with the terrain though and that's why I left it. With the core ability thing I'm looking for cohesion. Many concepts are designed to be bland and basically jack-of-all-trades. This forces a certain way of god design while keeping every door open as far as the abilities go. This "core" is also a good way to test creativity where interaction and different uses come to play as a simple linear damage skillshot or a leap is not really something an entire kit revolves around, or at least that's rare.

I hope this theme is more appropriate and still provides enough challenge and complexity.

What do you think?
    Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Member Worshipper ChromosomaExtra's Avatar
    Italy, north west. A rainy place, exellent to lose time reviewing and maybe even posting.
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhammer View Post
    Gods with at least one way of utilizing terrain (creating, removing, interacting, pinning, going through, ANYTHING) and a gameplay-pattern that revolves heavily around ONE specific core ability that may or may not have more than one effect or interaction with his/her other abilities or even the enemy's abilities.

-Okay, with this theme I intended to keep the "not so easy to figure out" thing while providing more freedom for the abilities themselves. I still want to see some interaction with the terrain though and that's why I left it. With the core ability thing I'm looking for cohesion. Many concepts are designed to be bland and basically jack-of-all-trades. This forces a certain way of god design while keeping every door open as far as the abilities go. This "core" is also a good way to test creativity where interaction and different uses come to play as a simple linear damage skillshot or a leap is not really something an entire kit revolves around, or at least that's rare.

I hope this theme is more appropriate and still provides enough challenge and complexity.

What do you think?
    Meh. The idea is good, but... ONE core ability? The terrain part, to be interesting, should be it, and it's difficult. Think about thor's 2. It's not his main skill. Interacting with terrain is difficult. I would try something else. Also, removing terrain is impossible to program in SMITE, too difficult. We do concepts for fun, but they should be plausable. And going trough terrain isn't that great as a mechanics. I'm saying that probably you wouldn't appreciate the god for the mechanic, but for the rest of the kit. That would make your challenge useless.
    Last edited by ChromosomaExtra; 07-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    What to say? I do various things. Review all sort of threads, message, post sometimes.

I'm always there watching you

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromosomaExtra View Post
    Meh. The idea is good, but... ONE core ability? The terrain part, to be interesting, should be it, and it's difficult. Think about thor's 2. It's not his main skill. Interacting with terrain is difficult. I would try something else.
    Maybe this theme isn't for you then? The terrain part obviously doesn't have to be the core and can function just well as a non-core ability if thought well. And The example of thor's little wee wall is not that relevant as that ability is boring, at least in my opinion.
    And yeah, the main thing about this theme is difficulty so even if someone is planning on doing the "difficult" task of making the terrain ability core, let 'em do it, it's meant to be hard. Best concept wins

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Member Worshipper ChromosomaExtra's Avatar
    Italy, north west. A rainy place, exellent to lose time reviewing and maybe even posting.
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The terrain part obviously doesn't have to be the core and can function just well as a non-core ability if thought well.
    That's the problem. The concept will revolve around 1 ability, and they will rate the concept more for this ability than the terrain mechanics. Seems sad.
    What to say? I do various things. Review all sort of threads, message, post sometimes.

I'm always there watching you

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Congratz to Redmist & Cloud! Great concepts from both of you. I'm pretty excited for the next challenge, already making a concept ;3
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Congrats on the win cloud. And mist you are on a roll with the wins let the rest of us have a shot

Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    AYYYYY BOIS! I didn't expect to win both (or win for that matter). That was such a surprise to me and I didn't expect that coming...

Which is what my theme will be...

The challenge theme by Redmist456: STEALTH TACTICS!

Surprise me with gods with stealth tactics, whether it be invisibility, utilizing clones, camouflaging, disguising as minion/monster, etc.
    Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be an assassin (stealth Loki or Serqet), or have an assassin style gameplay (Ao Kuang). It could come in a form of a mage (Nu Wa), or maybe something new.

Remember, invisibility, shadow walking, clones, camouflage, espionage, sabotage, disruption, stealth. Be sneaky and have fun everyone

EDIT: I know this is shameless promotion, but I (sometimes) try to do concept reviews. PM me if u want a concept reviewed
    Why do I already have a concept made that falls under shadow walking, good thing I didn't post it yet lol.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Most line skillshots and all leaps technically go trough terrain, but I assume this is something more similar to Janus's portals. With a less complicated wording (will figure something out) think this would do well.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    Most line skillshots and all leaps technically go trough terrain, but I assume this is something more similar to Janus's portals. With a less complicated wording (will figure something out) think this would do well.
    Yeah, That's what I meant with going through, something that can ONLY be utilized with terrain, not just anywhere on the map. (unless you go through a floor somehow?) Yeah, janus portal is a good example even there, about the going through thing that is
    Also, if you could handle the wording, that'd be great :P I just wanted to get the theme through, didn't think about a more compact form, sorry.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.