Thread: Nox's Shadow Step scaling bug

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Nox's Shadow Step scaling bug

Bug description: Nox's Shadow Step is supposed to have a 70% scaling according to the tooltip (both in menu and in-game) as well as to the last patch note and the number shown in-game is indeed 70% of the magical power. Nevertheless the ability is inflicting a damage corresponding to a scaling of 90%.

I noticed the bug in the jungle practice and haven't tried in other game modes. I checked that it was not a protection bug by casting other abilities and basic attacks on the enemy gods. Indeed they did not have negative protections. I also verified the 90% scaling by playing around with my magical power.

Please find attached some screenshots.

Note: the screenshots show a test with only 30 magic pen (so the target has 1 magic resistance left, i tried later with more magic pen to make it simpler). The damage dealt in the screen shot is 1279. on the other hand the ability with 90% scaling does after mitigation (230+0.9x1179) x 100/(100+1) =1278.32 but the game engine always rounds up so we get 1279

Edit: I had also tried it on Ra to make sure it was not an Odin bug
    Notice that Soul Reaver was on cooldown (its proc shows a yellow number anyway). So it had nothing to do with the extra damage.

Last edited by Ðiamond88; 05-08-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Achievements:
    IMPORTANT UPDATE: The bug requires level 5 Shadow Step (it can be reproduced as many times as you want)

Also, for simplicity it is a good idea to test with the passive fully stacked. Otherwise, one has to account for the next stack in the calculation: the stack is gained as soon as the ability is cast and before it applies the damage. In both cases the scaling is 90% as long as the ability is level 5.
    Last edited by Ðiamond88; 05-08-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Achievements:
    Bug Fixed: The bug got either fixed in today's patch 3.8 (even though not mentioned in the patch notes) or hotfixed few hours ago.

Edit: How can I change the title so people stop checking the thread since it is no longer relevant?
    Last edited by Ðiamond88; 05-10-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Seeing as this is fixed, closing.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.