Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The meaning of hiding profile

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    You hide your profile so people don't see how bad you are and how much cancer you run in your team comps.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Honoured SinDreadElla's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    There is a reason why this thing called "privacy" and "not naming and shaming" exist.
    This isn't the dark ages where everyone starts breaking into your house just because someone screamed "WITCH!" and they should now rummage through your house and search all your belongings.

It's not the duty of an unprofessional to justify whether or not someone is good or bad. It's the duty of a law enforcer to judge that (even though bias as they may be sometimes but that's a different story). Similarly, on the internet, it is the duty of the mods and people who check the ban reports to see if said complaint is justified. YOU and I as normal people have no right to put our nose into someone else's privacy under the delusional pretence of "I'm doing it to see if said person is REALLY bad."

This topic had been brought up a few times already and I'll just requote what I said in one of those threads-
    If you hide your stats, they assume you hid it because "lulz noobs only hide stats".
    If you reveal it and have just one bad game, oh ho ho you can be sure that people will say "Pfff stupid X mastery/Platinum/whatever." (and no I'm not making this up since that was EXACTLY what happened to me in one of my games)

You just can't win on the internet...

But this topic brings up a rather interesting question.
    Why should someone doing whatever the heck they want with their profile/privacy affect YOU in any way?
    You're not an employer. You're not a judge. You're not a police. So why the heck are you even bothering with these "background checks"?
    Are they AFK? Feeding? Being rude? Then by all means report them immediately because their profile should NOT even matter at this point.
    But if your grudge is so big that you have to justify your report by checking their "skill level" first, then I really do feel sorry for you.

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Still, I like to look at peoples history to see how they've performed previously. I want to see who they play, what they build. Who they're bad at and who they're good at etc.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Im neither so your argument is invalid
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Lets be real here, you kinda are a troll.
    /10charact

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    They misunderstood Facebook with a moba game. Stupid feature, but some people, even here were trolling hard.

One game I built SR on Ymir as 1st item in assault, everyone cried, everyone reported me, even if I didn't do bad, just SR on an assault game, or I built Amat-chan like an assassin in one arena game, I even called it in que, was trolled, harassed whole match, even if I was doing hella dmg and peel enemy but me and Tyr was the only useful ones, got reported again.

So in the end this community's attitude made HiRez do this, and I don't blame if anyone does that.

Out of meta picks, builds, testing builds, that makes this retarded community of children cries their tears out, just like when I make a thread to criticize a game I love and some forums feel like I am steeling their wives, maybe I do, not sure.

HiRez should have found a way other than hiding profiles. I hope they find a way soon tho.

So, I defend all those players hid their profile since we have so much toxic children. as long as a feature is added or we see community grow up a bit, I say they have all the rights to do it.

But as you mentioned, SPL players and Masters shouldn't be able to hide their profiles.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    It's even more important for spl players to hide profiles tbh.

If they don't, it makes it easier for people to for example ddos them if they have regular scrimming times, even if they don't stream it.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago55577 View Post
    You hide your profile so people don't see how bad you are and how much cancer you run in your team comps.
    Wait so if I unhide it, I get good?

Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    One game I built SR on Ymir as 1st item in assault, everyone cried, everyone reported me
    Well, whatever you hide or not your profile...they'll report you because of what you did in game... And I guess you haven't been banned by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    It's even more important for spl players to hide profiles tbh.

If they don't, it makes it easier for people to for example ddos them if they have regular scrimming times, even if they don't stream it.
    What? If one of them stream it, you have the list of all players. If you really want to ddos someone, you can try to whisp him to check if he's online. You can also check Custom challenged to see if a pro player will create a game(you'll know his mates by knowing just one member if it's a known team). You don't need to have a profile unhidden just for that. If people want to ruin, they always find a way.
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    I wouldn't say that people that hide their profiles have anything bad. I personally can talk about how good are some people that have their profiles hidden. Furthermore, all the top ranked in cq league have their profiles hidden and they should not be bad I guess.

That aside, hidden profiles is one of the worst things that have ever come to smite. Ladders are just a list of numbers without names. Smitestuff went to shit because of it.

And i just dont think any game with an ESports and world tournies should have this feature. Go hide your profiles in Candy crush

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Nothing good came out of the system anyway, it was just a waste of resources for spineless players mostly.