Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: The meaning of hiding profile

  1. #1
    Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kongo Jungle, or at Titan's base.
    Posts
    503
    9
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    6

    The meaning of hiding profile

    A few months ago, a new feature has appeared: you can hide your profile! If you're ashame of your profile, you can hide it.

    Well, a bit not-a-combo with your profile front page you can show up to four achievements...but well...

    You don't have last league games just like Season 2 so...I got an idea: I am going to watch Master's League list, to search in the top profiles and watch their history to see what god you can find at low level, and how they build them...and why not watching their game to learn and improve myself. PROBLEM: all masters(or most of them)are hiding their profile! I cannot spectate any game!


    So: what's the point of preventing people watching good people play? Why so many people hide their profile?
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

  2. #2
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,964
    39
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    41
    Well there's 3 things I've seen from people who hide the profiles.

    1.) Trolls which are mainly the ones I see use this feature. They act like retards anf spam, usually can tell if they are shitty by looking after match and seeing their profiles are hidden.

    2.) Normal people who use the option for whatever reason, don't understand why tho.

    3.) Pro players use this option mainly to hide what they have been using in scrims so there's no data of it but themselves. Much of Masters used to be completely blank in the leader board due to the feature but that was removed (thank god)

    TL;DR: stupid feature.

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,993
    33
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Well there's 3 things I've seen from people who hide the profiles.

    1.) Trolls which are mainly the ones I see use this feature. They act like retards anf spam, usually can tell if they are shitty by looking after match and seeing their profiles are hidden.

    2.) Normal people who use the option for whatever reason, don't understand why tho.

    3.) Pro players use this option mainly to hide what they have been using in scrims so there's no data of it but themselves. Much of Masters used to be completely blank in the leader board due to the feature but that was removed (thank god)

    TL;DR: stupid feature.
    Thank you. Hiding it is saying you have something to hide.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

  4. #4
    Senior Member Honoured wweeww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    576
    5
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    i still dont see a good reason for hiding your profile

    i mean i understand the need to hide your god mastery since you get focused when you are X with some gods

    but i cant see the benefit from hiding your profile, other than the trolls who feed and do bad every game.

  5. #5
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Thank you. Hiding it is saying you have something to hide.
    Not really. I hide mine just because I can. Same reason I hide my god masteries.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere lost in Time
    Posts
    18,564
    33
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Not really. I hide mine just because I can.
    Same

    /10chars
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

  7. #7
    Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,352
    27
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    22
    I have hidden my profile as well.

    Everyone has bad games every now and then, everyone has bad streaks every now and then, depending on server, matchmaking, time and sometimes depending on the people you are playing with willingly. There are a lot of people who just love to gloat and are not above checking your profile, your history or whatevers and use it as a foundation to build their fortress of harassment and gloating on it. Has happened to me in the past, especially when I used to do almost nothing but solo queue.

    Stuff like that still happens today, even on this forum. I see it happen quite a lot that some people make absolutly understandable and reasonable comments about topics, mostly gods which then get discarded because someone decided to dig up their data either ingame or on SmiteGuru and try to debunk the information given by them based on what they found.


    Take Nox for an example. My winrate with her is at around 40% at best because I suck at playing her, admittedly so. How am I supposed to ever comment on her ingame status being stupidly strong as hell on this forums if I could be sure that some motherfucker could come and claim "But your Nox WL% sucks, bro, buffs were justified so that noobs like you can win with her"?

    There are more facettes to this, but these are pretty much my personal reasonings for doing so.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

    Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

  8. #8
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Janissary90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    99
    6
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkkrool View Post
    A few months ago, a new feature has appeared: you can hide your profile! If you're ashame of your profile, you can hide it.

    Well, a bit not-a-combo with your profile front page you can show up to four achievements...but well...

    You don't have last league games just like Season 2 so...I got an idea: I am going to watch Master's League list, to search in the top profiles and watch their history to see what god you can find at low level, and how they build them...and why not watching their game to learn and improve myself. PROBLEM: all masters(or most of them)are hiding their profile! I cannot spectate any game!


    So: what's the point of preventing people watching good people play? Why so many people hide their profile?
    Because toxic kids using this for harass you.They just checking your profile after match and pm you:You lost your %60 games?You noob ,You sucks.You have low kill ratio.You are broze player vbvb.I see that treatments in smite so many times.
    Critize for better Smite.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kongo Jungle, or at Titan's base.
    Posts
    503
    9
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    There are a lot of people who just love to gloat and are not above checking your profile, your history or whatevers and use it as a foundation to build their fortress of harassment and gloating on it.
    It would be nice if it was possible to tell to Hi-Rez some people harass you to ban them...
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

  10. #10
    Trash Doggo Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Trashcan
    Posts
    14,964
    39
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkkrool View Post
    It would be nice if it was possible to tell to Hi-Rez some people harass you to ban them...
    Or get thicker skin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •