Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The "Report" system

Junior Member Cupidhead Champion456741's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Angry The "Report" system

I have to report idiot leavers and afks every match, yet no action is done, DO SOMETHING FFS THE GAME IS RUINED BECAUSE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO IT!!! IF your too lazy have the players do it, have ppl use a tribunal system like league where if 8/10 players pick say, guilty, then an auto ban is applied for the 1st few times before complete suspension of the account. AT LEAST MAKE SOME WAY TO HAVE PPL BE DEALT WITH! I report around 1 person every game, yet ive had no report of ANY ACTION BEING TAKEN.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    What do you expect them to do?
    Accounts are free for this game. Most people have more than 1 account; one guy was telling me he had 25 accounts.
    All people do is drop or afk, and if they get any sort of debuff, just switch to another account.

Unless they switch this to a pay per account system (say, $20/month per account) people will just keep doing what they are doing. There is no way to stop it.

They only reasonable method of doing something about it would be to adjust the matchmaking to ensure that all games are well balanced and close. It has already been shown that is not going to happen.

Junior Member Cupidhead Champion456741's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    They could use an ip ban method, banning an ip so they cant log in with other accounts :I

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SweatyBetty's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Remember the players that can't help that their game crashes, or if they lag so they feed. Smite is trying to be as understanding as possible, so all of its members have a chance at the game. I understand about some players should be banned if they keep up the behavior, and I don't really know what Smite's system is for reporting or banning.
    =The Sweatiest Betty=

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion456741 View Post
    They could use an ip ban method, banning an ip so they cant log in with other accounts :I
    This has its own issues. One can change their IP address, and also becomes an issue when people are on a shared connection. For example, people who only play on Net Cafes or have others who play in the same dorm etc.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    The solution for the conquest mode is simple:

- If a player take 7+ reports (in the same game) he's auto-banned for a time calculated by the number of reports (7=1 day ban, 8=3 days ban, 9=1 week ban);

If a player takes 9 report in a game it means that the every player in that game reported him and I think that this happen only when the bad behaviour of the player is really bad.
    -o-

Senior Member Honoured Kingkkrool's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    So, if you get ONE computer crash in one year, it happens during the game, you get reported by all other players(so 9), you get a week ban? Really?
    D.K. aka Kingkkrool
    Official French Streamer
    Smite France Translator
    French Fair Player

Junior Member Cupidhead Orcshein's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    It's ridiculous. Sometimes when someone sucks in my team I see everyone saying "REPORT HIM! HE FEEDS!"

No one ever wondered if.. the person just.. sucked a bit, or has a row of bad games, and there was no bad intention in what they did?

I think the report system should be removed entirely, and if someone really wants to report a player, they do it via PM on the forum here, or in a submited form on the website. It would take away 99% of the bad 'reports' there is already, and the menace every player launch once in a while.

"I'LL REPORT YOU! EVERYONE, REPORT HIM!"

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcshein View Post
    It's ridiculous. Sometimes when someone sucks in my team I see everyone saying "REPORT HIM! HE FEEDS!"

No one ever wondered if.. the person just.. sucked a bit, or has a row of bad games, and there was no bad intention in what they did?

I think the report system should be removed entirely, and if someone really wants to report a player, they do it via PM on the forum here, or in a submited form on the website. It would take away 99% of the bad 'reports' there is already, and the menace every player launch once in a while.

"I'LL REPORT YOU! EVERYONE, REPORT HIM!"
    I actually agree with this. Making it easy to report players only brings out the trolls of gaming.

I was trying out Ra in arena and missing most my skills because they're super easy to dodge if used outside of a chaotic situation or up close... well when I play him that's the feel I get.
    Anyways he started rallying people to report me for being a noob.... not even feeding, just for being bad
    The saddest part was, he was actually the feeder... like he would try to initiate while 3 members are in the fountain against a full team then get mad at the one other guy who was smart enough to wait for the team
    The other sad part was I played a round with the guy 2 hours before where I "carried" 20/2/21 in a 43-19 match and he was 7 of the deaths
    Don't know if this counts as sad or not... but I didn't report him for harassment... just let it slide

Point is the ability to report shouldn't be easily accessible. Can't entirely blame kids for playing with something they shouldn't be when parents leave it in hands reach

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Lol, no. First of all, it would ruin the game. Trolls would troll and choose to ban a person that didn't do anything wrong/made the troller angry somehow. It wouldn't work out.