Thread: Ridiculous Ping?

Junior Member Cupidhead DingDongDanger's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Ridiculous Ping?

So sometimes when I'm on at night, I get like 500 ping on this game for a few hours and it makes it an absolute nightmare.

I don't believe it's coming off my end as my company's speed test says I have 3 ping and 75 mbps download and upload.... that's what I'm supposed to be at so It's normal. Also everything else works just fine, I can play other games with no lag and watch movies no issues during this.

Is there something wrong with the servers? I would LIKE to finish my daily for that avatar this week but it looks like I won't finish tonight's.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    No one form the officials gives an answer about that issue with the ultra high ping. There is a 10 page topic about that problem and nobody from Hi-Rez comes to give information.

I am with 30 min ban for deserting for a second time today, because the fucking ping disconnected me. I am fucking pissed!

Senior Member Honoured Gl0wball's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered
    Im having issues with smite for the first time in half a year. My ingame ping says 30 while I teleport around like crazy and lag out like im out late night
    pls fix Hirez
    Pro Clash Player (Best Mode)

Ez Kills: Loki --- Ez Life: Chang`e --- Ez Game: Hades

Never caugt, never pinned down: Agni

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl0wball View Post
    Im having issues with smite for the first time in half a year. My ingame ping says 30 while I teleport around like crazy and lag out like im out late night
    pls fix Hirez
    The teleporting about when your ping is, relatively, low sounds like your system is dropping or skipping frames.

There may be something running in the background that is attempting to eat up processing power, or your graphics might not be properly optimized. I know that I have issues if too many things are going on behind the scenes. Or maybe video card/Direct-X drivers aren't working properly. I have had to go through my processes and end a few of them on a few occasions to improve play.

Another thing that might help with ping issues, and possibly frame skips, is logging out of Steam. That is, assuming you don't use Steam to play Smite. Sometimes Steam will start to download, or update, even with automatic updates turned off. I-Tunes is another culprit that will start doing things when you tell it not to, as well. (At least it used to, when I had it installed a few years ago)
    I Am an Eternal Nublet.
    The noobiest noob in all of nooberton!

To answer everyone.. I had never even heard of Ravana, from the Hindu pantheon, when I chose this name.... over a decade ago.

Junior Member Cupidhead DingDongDanger's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    At least I'm not the only one suffering this, it reassures me that it is in fact the game's servers and not on my end. I really wish the devs would do better maintenance on their servers.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I started getting random 990 ping spikes right after patch 3.8 hit. Didn't have problems before today for about two solid years. Completely unplayable game overnight.