Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Petition Idea - Thor as a Warrior instead of Assassin

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullren View Post
    what kind of warrior uses an umbrella as his weapon of choice
    Jackie Chan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67lhVHyxnqw (he starts using the umbrella at the 3 minutes in)

Or this one, from "Iron Monkey": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuJzlgD4YzE

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead rawdogmeat4's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I haven't played SMITE long enough to know about Thor being reclassified; Wish I'd been on to see him as a Warrior before he was made an Assassin. I do understand that it all revolves around his kit being about dealing damage and either escaping or closing the gap for a kill, but the beauty of games like SMITE is that even though it may or may not be a pain to do, his abilities have the potential to be changed to Warrior-like abilities. Granted it would probably take a little bit to do so, but I'd gladly wait on playing Thor again if it were possible. Lore may be considered "meaningless" in SMITE to some, but for me, the lore pretty much creates a story that binds all of the Gods together as some of their lores involve one another as allies or enemies. Also, I'm pretty sure we're under the impression that when Hi-Rez developed the Gods in the game, they were aiming to make them as close to their mythologies as possible, so yes, lore does matter in SMITE.
    "You Thought You Could Fight a God?!" - Typhon

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    And you are absolutely right anyone who actually dig a bit into the god mythology discover that a lot of symbol are presents for every god that is out.

I will take a simple exemple :

Neith had a lot of domain and absolutely every of those aspects are present be it the huntress(bow), War(symbol on her crest), goddess of fate (passive weaver of fate ?), her name meant water wich you find about in her 2 where water can both destroy and heal. Not only that but her outfit's colour is something that could very well be done during the Egyptian era. Some might say that her outfit is more then light then she uses to but wait....Actually her breast were not covered at all you know. So basically Hi Rez take the legend to the heart(or at least try to) incorporate the lore into a kit that can make sense around the idea that the god(dess) inspire. On top of that they take the symbol and incorporate those into the 3d model while also keeping track of how they were depicted in their time tuning it to our modern time. Has a developer team ever went that far just to create characters that are in the end nothing more then tools ? a kit of 4 button and raw stat to play your game ? I don't think so. And while some might say that their approach is immature toward the female goddess actually it is quite mature. But this...is an other subject.

So if we apply this logic to thor he should be a warrior a get a kit that goes around it. Same for Nemesis who is suppose to duel people but wait...She steal your power, your resistance, backfire your dammage she is Clearly a strong duelist. and she suck big time in large scale battle. That is more assassin like then warrior. She is the pure embodiment of what you cannot beat on your own whatever you throw at her and in 1v1 scenario wich is far more assassin like then warrior. Of course you could play her like a warrior aka target the ennemy tank to become very tanky yourself but by doing so you are denying yourself a big amount of dmg on your main target preventing you from doing what you do best : killing specific target.
    Last edited by AryadorEU; 05-30-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Androme's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Third Class
    I don't care so much about him being a warrior or assassin, BUT, he should receive a kit revamp anyways, if he is to remain an assassin, I think his ulti should be remade, (btw I realise he is viable and all, but still).

For example I think his ulti should make him fly into the air instantly, but should also be more easily noticable, (louder, more flashy lights), and his down animation should be like a loud thunderbolt and instant aswell.

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I agree with that. I always thought that Thor would shine better as a warrior instead of assassin. Quoting RatGirl, it's easy to see that his kit isn't made for single target damage and that doesn't suit the assassin role as well.
    Proof is that Thor can be amazing in Arena or Assault, where a whole team stick to each other than Conquest/Siege(old 5v5) where the players are all split. Unlike other assassins, Thor draws attention to almost everything he does.
    You can hear hit 3 for miles away in the jungle. The whole team can see when and where he's ulting so there's no surprise unless the player lack attention.
    Plus kill another junglers with Thor is quite dificult if the skill level of both are equal. He needs a reclassification and a new skill kit, because right now he's like: As a warrior he's good, but the other warriors are better. As an assassin he's good, but the other assassins are better. As a support he's good, but the other supports are better.

Junior Member Cupidhead skizzo316's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 317
    I tend to build him like a warrior, still. He is a beast with that kit and a bruiser-like build.