Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Petition Idea - Thor as a Warrior instead of Assassin

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead rawdogmeat4's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Petition Idea - Thor as a Warrior instead of Assassin

If you wouldn't mind hearing me out on this, I just feel like it's silly that Thor is shown as an Assassin instead of a Warrior. It just doesn't make sense to me because the Norse God Thor is commonly viewed as more Warrior-like than Assassin. What kind of assassin uses a giant hammer as his weapon of choice? Loki makes sense as an Assassin (Dual daggers), but not Thor. What I'm proposing in this petition is for Hi-Rez to change Thor from an Assassin class to Warrior class. Pretty much a similar idea of what they did with Nemesis (Which I applaud, as I believe it was much needed since she came out) = Decrease damage, attack speed. Increase health, base physical protections, and health per level.

I know it probably won't happen, but there's no chance it could if I (and hopefully some others) didn't voice our opinions. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any one else agree or perhaps disagree?

I apologize if this has already been suggested in a previous topic, but I wanted to reach out to Hi-Rez with this if it were possible.
    "You Thought You Could Fight a God?!" - Typhon

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead GunRunneR's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pretty sure he started as a warrior back in early beta, then they switched him to assassin.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead icage's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdogmeat4 View Post
    What kind of assassin uses a giant hammer as his weapon of choice?
    you have to remember, its not the weapon that makes thor an assassin, its his kit. It's designed around jumping on an enemy from a distance, sticking to them till they're dead and then getting out, which is exactly what an assassin is supposed to try and do.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Noxae's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    So, you think Vamana is a great warrior?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    He was classified as a warrior until last summer. He was reclassified because his kit/stats more closely resemble an assassin than a warrior. This isn't an MMO so your reasoning based on lore is meaningless.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlamydia1 View Post
    He was classified as a warrior until last summer. He was reclassified because his kit/stats more closely resemble an assassin than a warrior. This isn't an MMO so your reasoning based on lore is meaningless.
    Well depends on how many people play smite, cause it can be an MMO (you probably meant RPG)

And the classification doesnt really matter, its all about the kit. He fits well as an assasin considering his ult is good for chasing and finishing people off, while he is not that tanky to be a warrior.

Senior Member Honoured LokiWildfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    To everyone saying his kit is more of an assassin's kit, let's compare him to his dad, shall we?

1. Odin's one is a damaging jump (escape and approach). Thor's is also a damaging escape/approaching mechanism.
    2. Odin's is an a self/allies buff. Thor's is a non damaging area hard CC + movement impairment (not exactly assassin's business)
    3. Odin's is an AoE with minor CC power (still shy of Thor's 2 CC potential). Thor's is just a damaging AoE (again, not exactly assassin's business since for maximum benefit you have to be around lots of people, a scenario usually deadly for assassin's).
    4. Odin's could be summed as a poor AoE CC-ish move (though lots of people can scape it) with some potential for damage (if they don't know how to run or jump). Thor's is a hard AoE CC with okay damage - much more like the job of a warrior, it is good for setting some kills for you, but even better at setting kills for your team.

And since Odin's passive provide basically no combat bonuses, let's compare it to Hercs.
    Herc gets more PP from being hit. Thor get's power from being around lots of people - again that situation NOT desired by assassin's, though for all means and purposes, very similar to his Warrior pal.

So yeah, if is there an argument against this, it is not his kit. It is perfectly comparable to other warriors. And the argument about "sticking to your target until they are dead", by that same logic, Herc is an assassin too (he has a damaging approach and a pull that are not his ult, ie shorter CD, so he is much more capable of sticking to his mark than Thor.

The only pro argument related to kit is his status - but that is because he was reclassified as an assassin, if he was reclassified as an warrior he would get (hopefully) warrior compatible statuses, so it is not exactly a very substantial argument either.
    Last edited by LokiWildfire; 05-30-2014 at 07:48 AM.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    His kit is more assassin like, but fuck that!
    Its still degrading to call Thor an assassin!

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by icage View Post
    you have to remember, its not the weapon that makes thor an assassin, its his kit. It's designed around jumping on an enemy from a distance, sticking to them till they're dead and then getting out, which is exactly what an assassin is supposed to try and do.
    Kind of like Chaac, Vamana, Odin, Osiris, Tyr...

Thor's kit has never seemed "assassin-like" to me. He's all about aoe effects and damage. Assassins are about singling a target out and eliminating them, then getting out. Compare him to the other assassins, Loki, Nemesis (finally classified properly), Kali, Ne Zha, etc. They're almost all single-target specific (with SOME aoe, but not built around it).

Honestly, I think Thor would be better as a warrior.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,019
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxae View Post
    So, you think Vamana is a great warrior?
    what kind of warrior uses an umbrella as his weapon of choice
    Please Bring Domination Back !