Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why the hate for power build on hunters.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Why the hate for power build on hunters.

Alright, I'm gonna start this off by saying i've been using this build for a while and it suits me well. Maybe it's because I spend most of my time playing neith or cupid but I think this build works wonders
    -start off tranny and a crap ton of mana pot
    -finish trans
    -power boots
    -asi (if behind) jotunns (if ahead)
    -whichever you didn't get before
    -rage/ deathbringer
    -rage/ deathbringer

I mean yeah, atk speed is only going to be like... 1.4/1.6 ish but do you really need it to be that fast? Especially on a hunter like neith who is ability based. I recommend trying it out.

Side-note. Cool little trick for neith. Everyone always falls for it at least once.
    have them about half health in lane, suddenly just go into your ult and stare out in a random direction/ not pointed at them. Then watch your mini-map or watch them out of the corner of your screen. 90% of the time they will come forward and try to damage you because they think you've left yourself open. Quickly turn and unload your fully charged ult, follow it with your 1 and your 2. Boom, dead enemy. They could even be like 75% health and it might kill them. I learned this trick myself. It's pretty dope yo.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    In my personal opinion it depends on the hunter. I posted a build fpr skadi that is high power, crit, and medium pen and it destroys people. Hou Yi should be building power and crit as well due to MotC. People just see a pro do something a few times and it's instantly the meta lol.

3 months ago if you started throwing dagger people would've called you an idiot and crucified you. Now it's normal and the item never changed lol.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Trade Death for Titans and Jotuns for executioner, rage will then do higher crits than if you had death, pen items became OP cause defense got nerfed

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    I still build Malice+DB with Transdence and its still super effective
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    That's actually not, true, it received a substantial buff to its passive. The clause that it deals more damage to minions was what brought it from non-meta to mandatory on every hunter, as it substantially increased the wave clear the item offered. Now, of course, it no longer offers crit which will almost definitely decrease its play time.

As for the power build, it's certainly usable, especially on hunters like Neith and Cupid, but it's primarily used on middle lane hunters, or at least on a team with another ranged character with high DPS, like another hunter, Chronos, or Freya, as by dropping Titan's Bane you are hurting your DPS against towers and objectives and with such low attack speed you're hurting your end game DPS against gods. Effectively, by going the build you outline, you are sacrificing your end game for a stronger mid game spike and, if you don't abuse it, it was a poor decision, while if you do it can be the right decision.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    It's not as good in the early and mid game.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    You need titans.

Also get malice/DB

My most common build
    Trans, warrior tabi, asi, malice, titans, db

I would also not use my ult like that with neith but w/e cool to know.

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Replace transendance with brawlers beatstick lategame, it offers more because of the pen. Otherwise, my lategame build if I'm doing crits is usually something like Brawlers, Warrior Tabi, Asi, Odysseus Bow/Titans Bane (Depending on what you need more, pen or AS), DB, Malice/Wind Demon in certain situations.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Alright to be honest I forgot to mention but I usually get malice instead of rage. As for the people telling me to get titans bane, I don't understand it, I still do 100-150 damage to tower per basic, basic attack is slower than a normal hunter build that would have it 2.0 or so but do you seirously need basics that fast? Especially for me, it makes it SOOOOO much easier to land basics if they're a little bit slower. One reason I don't like hastened fatalis, throws off my aim so hard.
    I'm gonna start this off by saying I SUUUCCKKKEEEDDD with neith when I first started playing her. Right now my stats are
    123 wins to 88 losses. currently on an 8 win streak with her carrying in almost every game
    1265 kills, 985 deaths, and 1240 assists.
    I feel like I must be doing something right if my kills vastly surpass my deaths.
    cupid is about the same
    135w/95loss 1700/1339/1394
    But to be fair I've lost almost all my skill with cupid.

But when it comes to the neith build I crit insanely hard, quite often too despite average atk speed. (1.6 is enough to get by) Especially since with this build just hitting someone with your 1 is enough to damage them to like half health. Not to mention mah special combo

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    For Hou Yi, I get:
    Transcendence
    Warrior Tabi
    Asi
    Titan's Bane
    Malice
    Deathbringer
    Direct hit stun and 2 crits kill pretty much anything without defensive items.