Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lag/Stuttering While playing

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Hard reboot not hard drive reboot. Basically unplug it, since both systems go into a sleep mode to start up quicker. This helps to clear up any ram memory errors that might be causing issues.

Other than that try pinging Atlanta in general. You won't be able to hit the direct server anyway since it is a farm and will get different results and such.

Also check your region. You don't want to be playing in EU servers, for example.

New Member Cupidhead Filipe5311's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361
    @randomtoon oh I've done that plenty of times it's rare I leave it on rest mode always power off and unplugged it today to try it directly plugged into my router because my connection was coming from a switch. Same lag and delay. Seems.to be getting worse. Before it was a little bareable now I can hardly kill anyone. Playing in NA servers and I've tried Australian and European servers same problem. Id say its my service providers connection to hirez but my friend has the exact same service from the same provider 3 blocks down the street and he has no lag or delay playing smite on his ps4

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Ugh. That sucks bro. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I only know some xbox stuff. :-/

New Member Cupidhead Filipe5311's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Thanks for trying to help... Played this morning at 7am was barely any lag, seemed to get a little more laggy as the day went on.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Ok, now I think I kinda get what your going through. This past week Ive had a few games with almost the exact same thing that you had in your videos.

Last night in a ranked conquest, everything was fine and smooth. We started to snowball a little, not a lot, but enough that would make most xbox players surrender at 10. Then out of nowhere, everyone on our team started lagging and jumping around. Everyone in our party, said they were lagging this bad. Some of my teammates noticed that it looked like Thor on the opposing team wasnt lagging at all. Then someone said he might be lag switching. Im not even sure if that is possible with smite, but that is exactly what it felt like. Eventually we were able to finish the match and win, but it took longer with that lag. I didnt see Thor not lagging at all, as he always seemed to be on the other side of the map.

I think ive had at least one match, if not two, where lag as been a bit of an issue, each night since the 3.6 update. Last night was the worst though, because it lasted early mid game to the end of the match. The other times its happened, it seems to smooth out after a few mins or so.

I dont know if its lag switching, server lag, or what, But I never had these issues prior to 3.6. Maybe the 60fps has something to do with it?

I feel your pain, especially if the majority of your matches are like the one I had last night. HiRez is pretty good about getting things fixed fairly quick, so just keep playing and if there is an issue, im sure they will get fixed soon.

Junior Member Cupidhead FaultlessSky's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Since 60 fps came to console, i have exactly the same thing happened to me. It is worse when there is a lot of abilities and spells casted in a specific spot... would that be FPS drop?

Worse gods to play since that FPS patch : Hel, Ullr, Kukulkan, He Bo, Chang'e and Nox

Try to play Hel and keep switching stance, there is a delay and sometimes the button pressed won't do nothing...
    no, i'm not under CC, nor Cooldown, yes i know Hel has a 2 seconds cooldown between stance...

Sometimes also, Aegis or any actives won't activate at all or too late, even if not under CC or cooldown, the icon is not barred... that happened many many times

Ullr seem to be strafing when going forward, same for AH Puch, maybe that is what u are experimenting in the video?
    I swear i have moment with ullr where i am going straight and he's moving sideways like when strafing, reducing his movement speed...
    seem more obvious when using survivor skin

(movement speed is broken om console btw (this is another topic i know) get movement speed item and check stats, you will see it does not add and stack correctly)

Kukulkan... i blame him a lot in arena.... specially with Kuku skin or the Void Wyrm skin... these 2, the tornadoes seem to be dropping the game FPS, worse the Kuku, the pink sprite coming out of tornadoes seem to be too much to handle with all the others actives effects from other gods and abilities.

Ah Puch ultimate when using the ALien skin, the game is slowing a bit too

I played Smite on Xbox since release, over a year ago, some patch introduced lag, input lag and FPS drop, but last 2 patch seem to be the worst imo... i'm not complaining as i love the game so much, i'm no-life-ing this game like there is no tomorrow, spent more time playing than any other game in my gamer life.

That was my feedback, i could provide way more on that matter and could even provide clues, videos and other friends to give even more feedback to help resolve this issue....

But first step would be to admit that there is something going on with Smite console overall game quality in term of lag, fps and input lag...

On this, fellows from the awesome community, i wish you a wonderful day!
    GO SMITE SOME MINIONS!
    - It is better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand days as a lamb.

New Member Cupidhead GeorgeTheGreat's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points

Exclamation

There is no Hirez anymore RUN!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN AND NEVER LOOK BACK!! P.S dont forget your wallet this game is finished... Hirez brutilized the netcode,servers, and anything in between since yester year and forever on... RUN! Ive been here since BETA this has been big for 4-6 months maby more and ITS NEVER GETTING BETTER... Im just ashamed I contributed to this gun on my shoe... all the server money was squandered I buy shet and Im never buying let alone playing again they ruined this. 60 ping 60 ping 60 ping and lag spikes regularly always every game... no game does it but SMITE... NOTHING BUT SMITE!! RUNNNNNNN!!! DAM YOU ALL RUN!!

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    fyi. your speed test shows you have 100Mbits not 150

probably a limitation of the hardware/firmware for your modem, if they gave the hardware to you then you should ask for one that can reach the speeds they sold you. Speaking of which, have you tried turning it on and off again?
    (modem and router)

both need to be powered down for around 20 seconds to clear their memory/reset. If you restore power too early they might do weird crap or they won't reset completely.

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeTheGreat View Post
    There is no Hirez anymore RUN!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!
    Did you just necroed a thread from 2016? Holy fuck man...