Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lag/Stuttering While playing

New Member Cupidhead Filipe5311's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361

Lag/Stuttering While playing

Hello, Ive been playing Smite since the release on PS4 and i find that most games I have a slight lag/stuttering where i will be walking/kiting/retreating with a god and he stutters or sometimes even completely stops moving for a second. It is absolutely annoying when chasing or running from a god. I have tried to play around this by playing more ranged mage type gods as the lag does not impact them as much as lets say assassins. I do not know if this is lag because when I go to my friends house and play Smite on his ps4 and he has some lag instead of stuttering he and other gods sometimes ghost around the screen. I have no other issues with any games on PSN or on my PC. My internet connection is superb. I have Tekksavvy in Toronto, with 150 MBPS down and 10 MBPS up. Can anyone help me or tell me what my issue is? I have seen fixes for PC but i play on PS4.

I have downloaded Smite on my PC and im in the process of playing some trial games to see if i suffer from the same lag on PC as i do on PS4.

here is my ping and speedtest on PC.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5285254101

Connections on my PC and PS4 are both wired, not wireless.
    On my PS4 on internet connection test it comes up at 80MBPS DOWN and 9 MBPS UP.

Edit: I played 2 games online coop practice on my PC and my ping sat at 40-50 all game and my MS was 6-20 all game. No lag on those matches.
    Last edited by Filipe5311; 04-28-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead m00k's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    The best advice i can give you is open your Router's Log file and look up the time where you played your last game and ping that server.
    Your internet connection might be fantastic but what matters most is the connection to the actual game server.

As you are from Toronto wich is close enough to NewYork to warrant a decent server spot so you "should" have a connection nearby though (i'm dutch so i wouldnt know tbh)

Heres a short 4 minute video of me playing. right at the start of my video you see me attempting to move forward and my God keeps stuttering ( I am almost always holding forward or backward on my joystick), interestingly enough when i am lagging/stuttering no other gods around me ever seem to be lagging.

Another longer video during the beginning of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qixdR_SQl3c
    Last edited by Filipe5311; 04-28-2016 at 11:29 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    hmmmmm, from the looks of it, its seems like it may be some sort of input lag, maybe. Only reason I say that is because in the first 15 secs of your video, when you are kinda lag skipping, the minions seem to be moving just fine, and as you said, when you lag sometimes it seems like everyone else isnt. That makes me think it be some sort of input or display lag. But Im also no expert, Im just a person who hates lag of any kind, and always try to eliminate it. Hope you find a solution.

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The game servers are shit, always have been and always will be since Hi-Rez are greedy and there are tons of idiots who blindly throw their money at them and will defend the shit out of them all the time.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Lol that's a bit harsh I think the servers have been solid. There are certain moments where the game crashes for sure. Had it happen a few times after the patch but nothing I couldn't load right up and hop back in. Overall I've been pleased with the servers.
    KingKronosDC84 on PS4
    PS4 Clan : Cthulhu Crew/CTHC is the Tag
    Diamonds:Ah-Muzen Cab, Hou-Yi, Izanami, Skadi, Erlang Shen, Susano, Sol, Sylvanus, & Ah Puch

You guys have no idea how annoying it is to play like this, seems to be getting worse. Cant chase enemy gods, can't run away or dodge. I regret buying the founders pack so much because of this horrible lag, wish I could sell it to be honest.

Another horrible delay fest playing as hel.

Last edited by Filipe5311; 04-29-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipe5311 View Post
    My internet connection is superb.
    Suing for trademark infringement.
    Hello! I'm the Tom Hiddleston of the forums!

BestLokiWW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    Salt leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to suffering

Superb™ Gaming

Yes I have trademarked the word "superb", fight me mods.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    That's pretty odd. I know I have had similar issues on Xbox but a hard reboot resolves it most of the time.
    I actually think it is lag for you - look at the 2:36 mark. That Mercury is either LOL bad (which is possible) or you were nowhere near where he thought you were.
    Aside from that, it might actually be input lag. Do you have a different controller, preferably a wired one?

Also, your speed test is not relevant. It is to a local server with no hops, and Hi-Rez servers are located in Atlanta GA. Try sending a ping to there...
    Remember The Manticore

If a hard drive reboot fixed that for you maybe I'll try that... Dunno why that would be the issue when this ps4 is only 6 months old and there isn't much on the hard drive and it's very well taken care of. I would play on pc but I already bought the founders pack... I use the controller that came with the ps4 and I want to ping their server but I don't know the ip I've tried to find it. Didn't seem like I had this delay or lag when I started playing it at ps4 launch or I definitely wouldn't have paid for the founders pack Lol it's really odd and frustrating. Why can't I get an answer from hirez