Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assassins need love too

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered

Assassins need love too

I've brought this up before where not every assassin has good clear and most of them have to be too close to deal any good damage. Some assassins get bullied too badly for just trying to clear a minion wave.

I love playing assassins cause they're fun.. besides the fact that everyone hits me for more than half of my hp with one ability from like 5 miles away.

Maybe it's not as bad in conquest as it's easy to close distance before they notice and you can probably get a kill but in literally every other game mode it's such a hard task to do anything at all.. like.. anything.. even clearing a minion wave.

Just a few suggestions though..
    ~ The assassins who have bad clear, initiation, or little to no ranged abilities get a protections buff.

~ New items that benefit assassins most. Like for example, an item where you do more damage the closer you are to your target.

~ More cooldown reduction damage items! I hardly ever reach full cooldown reduction using an assassin because I need other things like penetration and attack spd. A penetration cdr or attack spd cdr item would be amazing. Only good one we have currently is jotunns.

Yeah protections are a thing but the more protections you build, the less your damage output is (obviously).
    Just hear me out guys.. none of what I suggested was anywhere near as crazy as giving Nox or Scylla a buff.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Guern's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree with you almost entirely. There has been a lot of attention recently to mages and hunters yet, in my opinion, some assassins have transitioned really badly into season 3.
    I don't think we should be buffing protections as protection items remain situational and the assassin class should remain a high damage, squishy class apart from the obvious gods that benefit from being a bruiser. I'm looking at you, Thor.
    CDR has been nerfed massively which is a shame but the addition, or increase of this stat on some items wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Proximity based items would benefit not only assassins but warriors also and I don't think warriors need any help in dealing more damage!

On a side note, I don't think Hirez are finished with Arachne. The reskin will motivate people to play her more so they can get a better idea of where she's at. I personally think she needs a buff it complete rework. As you said above, she suffers from god awful waveclear(no pun intended)

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Guern View Post
    I agree with you almost entirely. There has been a lot of attention recently to mages and hunters yet, in my opinion, some assassins have transitioned really badly into season 3.
    I don't think we should be buffing protections as protection items remain situational and the assassin class should remain a high damage, squishy class apart from the obvious gods that benefit from being a bruiser. I'm looking at you, Thor.
    CDR has been nerfed massively which is a shame but the addition, or increase of this stat on some items wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Proximity based items would benefit not only assassins but warriors also and I don't think warriors need any help in dealing more damage!

On a side note, I don't think Hirez are finished with Arachne. The reskin will motivate people to play her more so they can get a better idea of where she's at. I personally think she needs a buff it complete rework. As you said above, she suffers from god awful waveclear(no pun intended)
    Just certain assassins imo need a protections buff.
    Not the whole lot.
    The ones with bad clear and initiation and the ones who have to be considerably close to do any amount of damage at all can definitely use more protections to compensate for the amount of damage that mages and hunters do to them from a safe range.

I don't believe any god needs a rekit. Some just need nerfs/buffs to their stats & numbers. So I don't really wanna give that idea any more attention than it's already got.

A small buff to protections and maybe movement spd to certain assassins should make them viable.

Like imagine you're stuck inside of your house and you can't leave to get food because there are people outside ready to SNIPE you. So you starve to death.
    Same deal with assassins vs mages & hunters.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by James720 View Post
    Just certain assassins imo need a protections buff.
    Not the whole lot.
    The ones with bad clear and initiation and the ones who have to be considerably close to do any amount of damage at all can definitely use more protections to compensate for the amount of damage that mages and hunters do to them from a safe range.

I don't believe any god needs a rekit. Some just need nerfs/buffs to their stats & numbers. So I don't really wanna give that idea any more attention than it's already got.

A small buff to protections and maybe movement spd to certain assassins should make them viable.

Like imagine you're stuck inside of your house and you can't leave to get food because there are people outside ready to SNIPE you. So you starve to death.
    Same deal with assassins vs mages & hunters.

That's a fair point. So assassins with bad waveclear: Arachne, Baka, Nemesis, Serqet, Rat and (maybe) Merc
    Bad initiate: Arachne, but honestly I can't think of many others for this one.

Do you agree?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    How exactly is it a problem that some assassins need to be in your face?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    How exactly is it a problem that some assassins need to be in your face?
    Nothing. It's just the ones without a reliable initiate have suffered recently.

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I can't imagine a single assasin having trouble with intiation.

Arachne webs you - you ded.

Thor stun-hammers you - you ded.

Kali stun-lashes you - you ded.

So on.

Also, ATK speed + CDR would be overkill, because now you have to chose which type of assasin you want to build(aa based, ability based), and such item will give you everything at once. Remember, Soul Eater and Runeforged were changed exactly because of that.

I also think that giving free protections/or protection buffs to any assasin will be overkill since almost all of them have room for at least 1 defence item, people are just too greedy to build it. Yes, you don't need to go full glasscannon to do decent damage.
    Last edited by SkinnydreaD; 04-28-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Thanatos needs a buff... Bad. I have seen him win once ever since season 3 and I haven't even played him in season 3 yet.

Senior Member Honoured SkinnydreaD's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlySparta View Post
    Thanatos needs a buff... Bad. I have seen him win once ever since season 3 and I haven't even played him in season 3 yet.
    Em, no he doesn't. He's exactly the same as in S2. Just very situational and risky, therefore people don't play him because they don't like taking risks. Far easier to pick Kali and LMB your way to victory.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Some assassins really need some buffs to help them clear, I don't like to lost 3/4 of my hp by just clearing mid lane, and that's only inside tower.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac