Thread: Finding a use for Runeforged hammer

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Guern's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Finding a use for Runeforged hammer

As the title says, I’d like to have a discussion about Runeforged Hammer and before you decide “this item is trash, this thread is pointless” etc., please hear me out.
    So, this item has been in its current state since the turn of Season 3 and Hirez haven’t even so much as batted an eyelash at it. The general consensus is that the damage from the passive is insignificant for the price you have to pay. However, the fact that it hasn’t been changed means Hirez believes there is a use for this item…right?

I’ve been trying to find a way to incorporate Runeforged for about a week and have stumbled across something that might just make it worth your time.

Bastet’s passive applies a 15% damage increase on 2nd ability hit, usually the combo is declaw->razor whip. The passive from Runeforged gives abilities 15% extra damage as magical or 30% extra if the target is slowed, rooted or stunned.
    Bearing this in mind, Bastet’s Declaw also applies a slow. So hitting an enemy with declaw with Runeforged equipped and following up with Razor whip will increase the damage of Razor whip by a huge 45%. Considering this ability is already is already capable of hitting for 420 with 100% scaling, an additional 45% damage (if we take a power build with 200 power) would increase the damage to almost 900 (420+200+45%=899) and if we include the initial damage from Declaw as well (270+100% scaling+15% from Runeforged=540) we’re looking at 1400 damage from a simple 2 skill combo.
    Obviously some of this would be mitigated so the build would have to be something like: Warrior boots->Jotunns->Trans->Runeforged->titans->situational/more pen.

The one thing I’m not sure of is if the cats from her ult would trigger this extra 30% magical damage from Runeforged. Each cat attack applies a slow and has physical scaling. Does this mean their damage counts as “ability damage”? If so, I don’t see why they wouldn’t benefit from the Runeforged passive.
    Perhaps someone who understand this mechanic more can help.

So…thoughts?

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    What Hi-rez believes and the things that actually work are two entirely​ different things.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    This item is trash, this thread is pointless.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    It increases the amount of items in the game, and that's really it.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    This thread is pointless because that's not how Runeforge works. Runeforge is based off your power. If you have 100 power Runeforge adds 15 damage or 30 if they're slowed. This is then further mitigated. The only God in the game that can continuously proc Runeforge is bakasura's ult per hit and even then its still trash. You would need 300 power which is absurd and that would only do an extra 45 damage....which is then mitigated! It's a terrible item.

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    This thread is pointless because that's not how Runeforge works. Runeforge is based off your power. If you have 100 power Runeforge adds 15 damage or 30 if they're slowed. This is then further mitigated. The only God in the game that can continuously proc Runeforge is bakasura's ult per hit and even then its still trash. You would need 300 power which is absurd and that would only do an extra 45 damage....which is then mitigated! It's a terrible item.
    I thought it didn't reapply on extra hits, i.e on Guan spinny sword.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    It doesn't proc on baka's ult, it procs on butcher blades.

It also deals magical damage, which physical gods aside from guan can't penetrate.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    When your bullshit team is full psychical b'coz yoloQ ...maybe.

Now I think that I have to try this item on Odin, his passive, jump/shield combo applies it twice, even more mixed dmg with Mystical Mail...
    ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆・゚
    You've been spooked by Fairy Lenny. Quick! Make a wish.

Mine was "balance" in this game. : ^)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Guern's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Apologies you're right, it seems I made a mistake. Please disregard my post.