Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So... DM Brandon is at it again.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Nigh's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

So... DM Brandon is at it again.

Here's the link to the full reddit post, and the Tl;dr is that DM Brandon basically told a suicidal person to commit suicide, then went off on a rant. If you wish to watch the meltdown itself, you can check his latest stream at 1:06:40.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...icide_comment/

I personally think this should be the straw that breaks the camel's back. He's done this so many times, but has been forgiven. Enough is enough. His opinions (at least about suicide and mental health) are dangerous, his behavior is beyond toxic, and he should be removed from Hi-Rez before he further damages their brand.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Actually he didn't tell anyone to commit suicide. He clearly stated how stupid and selfish suicide is. The incident with Shadow just shows how much of an a-hole Brandon is and I have no idea why people watch his streams. I like him as a caster and I think Hi-Rez should keep him as that. But to about this particular case, I agree with DM, for once. Suicide is stupid, selfish, cowards way out. Since I'm all those things, I have thought about it but I'm not stupid enough to ever actually do it. If someone thinks about it, get help for crying out loud. It's out there.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points
    Umm, maybe a stupid question, who is it?

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Oh joy, can't wait to see hirez fine him 500 gems and take him off broadcasting for a week. By gosh darn golly that'll show him!

Junior Member Cupidhead Featheers's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadnaya View Post
    Umm, maybe a stupid question, who is it?
    Some twitch caster everyone hates for w/e reason.

Anyway OP I don't know the story but here is a post I found on reddit

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slqscj

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Actually he didn't tell anyone to commit suicide. He clearly stated how stupid and selfish suicide is. The incident with Shadow just shows how much of an a-hole Brandon is and I have no idea why people watch his streams. I like him as a caster and I think Hi-Rez should keep him as that. But to about this particular case, I agree with DM, for once. Suicide is stupid, selfish, cowards way out. Since I'm all those things, I have thought about it but I'm not stupid enough to ever actually do it. If someone thinks about it, get help for crying out loud. It's out there.
    Except the issue of mental health and suicide is not a black and white topic, which DM's attitude leans towards.
    His characteristic brutal honesty on this was just asking for criticism.
    The two most powerful warriors are peace and time

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    He thinks he knows Suicide & Depression, when he thinks he knows everything.

He thinks depression is so easy to get over, when realistically, he wouldn't know how to overcome it unless he has had it.

I got told I had mild depression and mild anxiety about 1 year ago, and I was absolutely empty and I felt like no one wanted me on the planet. He thinks it's selfish to commit suicide, but when it tricks your mind, it forces you in a way. And it is so invisible too, you don't know who has it. I had gotten over the Depression & Anxiety and I feel much MUCH better now, so don't worry.

But seriously, he needs to have everything taken away from him, and have the pain of depression upon him. THEN, we can see how he feels.

[EDIT] It wasn't THAT level of Depression btw ._.
    Last edited by inferno18; 04-19-2016 at 09:50 AM.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've never heard of this guy, save the fact I keep hearing how people dislike him. Sounds like a right jerk though :/

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    He needs to delete himself from this universe. He has a temper tantrum when things don't go his way, and he is so cringy.
    Don't you find it ironic? Posting stuff like this as a criticism of person, who supposedly told someone to kill themselve?

I have no way of tracking the exact words of DM Brandon and I appreciate the context of mental health debate giving his faux pas some additional gravitas, but it still strikes me as hipocrisy.

Yes, he probably is less likely to follow your directions than someone suffering from depression. But still, you are basically telling him to kill himself, ergo doing exact same thing he is condemned for. I say it warrants at least some reflection.
    Archduke of Amateurs, Basileus of Bads, Caliph of Casuals, Nəgusä Nägäst of Noobs, Sultan of Scrubs

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I have seen the video of the occurance and I can understand and relate to a couple of things he tried to say.

I said "tried" to say specificly here because the main problem to me is less about the things he said but the way he said it. He got angry, emotional, pushy and very unlikable while saying it, he also twisted around a lot of things he tried to say to the point where they sounded wrong.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!