Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hel - dmger

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    yeah i have also voice pack its SOOOOO AWESOME :3 what u guys buying for her ?

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Going to quote an older post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    For builds, the core I recommend are: Rod of Ascelpius, CDR boots, Polynomicon and Rod of Tahuti. Depending on the enemy team comp, you also need a pen item and a protection item (preferably Breastplate). As you get free power from your ultimate, you reduce mprot from 2, and pen doesn't give any benefit to your healing, I suggest you get Polynomicon before any pen item (unless vs a heavy magic damage team, where Voidstone is a must have). Polynomicon will give you a greater benefit for the cost and gives you the burst of an additional spell.

Overall, Hel is very punishing to those who fail positioning and "stance dancing", yet very rewarding to those who understand her kit.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well the vital tip for Hel: Only change to dark stance if you need to do damage. Otherwise stick to your light stance as much as you can. I play Hel a lot and everytime I see another Hel on the game she's good as dead, because people tends to use her in dark stance and only changes to light when they are in need of healing, which is a big, big, big mistake. A dark stance Hel is mana hungry and 90% of the time I see mid-solo Hels with meditation, wasting an active slot for nothing. A light stance Hel has damn too much sustain, you never run out of mana, you doesn't need crap meditation and 3 mana potions can solve all your problems, even with stole blue-buff. Also, level up her 4 as much as you can, soon as possible.

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Yeah, since im fairly new to this game i made the mistake of thinking "hel heals, so obviously, support, yes?!" and usually got my butt kicked.
    Then i read somewhere on the forums she was supposed to be mid or solo, tried it out and did sooo much better.

Personaly though i would like so advice on how to stop being so mana hungry. I used to pick up meditation but have read that it is bad and a waste, and have since been picking up hand of the gods to help clear waves. How do you other hels deal with it.

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    Yeah, since im fairly new to this game i made the mistake of thinking "hel heals, so obviously, support, yes?!" and usually got my butt kicked.
    Then i read somewhere on the forums she was supposed to be mid or solo, tried it out and did sooo much better.

Personaly though i would like so advice on how to stop being so mana hungry. I used to pick up meditation but have read that it is bad and a waste, and have since been picking up hand of the gods to help clear waves. How do you other hels deal with it.
    If you're going solo, trade your meditation for HoG. Start with vampiric shroud, boots and spend the remnant gold on mana potions. In lane things are pretty simple... Start leveling your 3 first and then your 1. Always stick to your light stance.
    Wait for the minion waves, wait the enemy waste a skill or two in your minions (but don't let him/her kill them), heal them, change stances and get in the middle of the enemy minion wave. Use your 3 in dark stance and your 1 on the archers. (by doing that you can instakill the 3 archers and regain health and mana), then turn around, heal your minions once more and kill the melee minions with auto attack.

You can also do the same thing and kill the melee minions with your HoG. That's the best way to overfarm and push the enemy lane in solo for the first 8 minutes. Hel is hard to kill, so if you see that you're pushing well, get doom orb as your second item and start to stack. That way you'll be able to wipe a whole minion wave with one skill, and full heal yours with another, and have no mana issues as long as you have a couple mana potions with you.

If the enemy solo has a good CC kit or the enemy jungle works like Fenrir, Nemesis, Hun Batz or Thanatos keep an eye on your 2, otherwise you can forget it in the early game and focus on your burst damage/heal. As for your ultimate, lvl it up as soon as you can and you'll never run out of mana that easily.

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile! Veteran
    tyvm <3 i appreciate the help and advice :3

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    I am a mastery level 4 Hel, bought her voice pack.

Hel is a character that requires Gear and well she just needs to farm in general. She is extremly squishy, but a good hel player is a pain in the ass to kill. I would know. I think I'm hard to kill. My brother hates fighting them. She is fast with movement speed, which is why I like to get the Speed buff. She is so trollish((My brother calls me that)), because I just lololol around with two enemies and they can't kill/touch me while I wait for back up.

Hel is a very powerful character and it takes alot of skill to use her right, but when you train with her constantly you will see just how powerful she is. She requires money and XP to do anything as a very undergeared Hel is well... bad. She does not hit has hard as other mages like Agni or Scylla, but she does hit hard plus she has a very powerful heal.

I do play Support sometimes, but only if I am with my brother. Otherwise, I play mid or solo.

My kit consists of this and some of it changes depending on the enemies.

I go for the Shoes of the Magi first, then the Rod of Ascypulis. Then I go for the Etheral Staff. From there I grab, depending on the opponents and my brother if I paly with him, Soverignty and then the Bulwark of Hope. And for the sixth one, I go with the Gem of Isolation.

It is a ton of survival, a ton of powerful heals and great damage.

but I find that you can play a character with different builds. :P

This is just my build.
    Last edited by Sauronbaine; 05-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Zachariel's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    She isn't a support.

A support is a character who can achieve things without levels or farm. She needs both of them to thrive - an underfarmed Hel is really bad.
    Depends on how well you are at roaming and your lane partner is ok with it. Yes she needs farm but it is manageable. No she won't be as potent when in a support role unless she was able to grab several kills along the way.

The question is...are you playing her in a passive mp5/heal bot role or are you being an aggressive support that she excels at?

My Heart and Mind live in the Old Roman Empire
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokushi View Post
    Hello. i really need someone who can explain me that.
    Alot of ppl under lvl 30 things Hel is only stupid support and healer / DAMN ITS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT!.. Hel main lane in solo or mid she have so much dmg with combine 1+3 u can kill someone instant. and there is still people that cry support steal kills etc etc.. so explain me your experience about Hel please. what you think about her. thanks
    A lot of people don't bother to do any research on the Gods, game mechanics or anything really before running their mouth off about it as if they were an expert. I believe this is The Dunning-Kruger Effect if I recall.

Anyway, I get the same crap for when I don't duo as Aphrodite...
    "Wisdom begins in wonder." - Socrates

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SocratesBound View Post
    A lot of people don't bother to do any research on the Gods, game mechanics or anything really before running their mouth off about it as if they were an expert. I believe this is The Dunning-Kruger Effect if I recall.

Anyway, I get the same crap for when I don't duo as Aphrodite...
    UGH! Aphrodite is so annoying!!! D:

SHE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KEEEL! D: