Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Daikokuten, God of Wealth

Daikokuten, God Of Wealth
    Pantheon: Japanese
    Role: Guardian

(Art found through Google)

Lore

War brings wealth, and wealth brings war. As the gods battle and the very world shakes, this does not change. Residing over this exchange of riches and war lies Daikokuten, guardian of wealth. A very fickle god, Daikokuten encourages the theft of godly symbols, often infuriating the other gods. Content with sitting out Daikokuten watched as god battled god but now those very gods have turned their eyes on him, some seeking wealth and some seeking retribution for their stolen artifacts. Daikokuten may be fickle but he is no fool. In these times he finds himself needing allies and a little good fortune goes a long way when finding help.

Stats

Health: 540 (+110)
    Mana: 222 (+32)
    Speed: 360 (+0)
    Range: 12
    Attack/Sec: 0.91 (+1.25%)
    Damage: 35 (+1.65)
    Progression: 1/0.5/0.5x damage and swing time
    Physical Protections: 25 (+3.4)
    Magical Protections: 31 (+0.9)
    HP5: 9.2 (+0.9)
    MP5: 4 (+0.45)

Abilities

Passive: Theft Of Fortune
    Every 2s enemies near Daikokuten drop a gold coin. These gold coins lay on the ground and may be picked up by Daikokuten, restoring his mana.
    Effect Radius: 28
    Coins Per Minion: 1
    Coins Per God: 2
    Mana: 1 + 1 per current level
    Coin Lifetime: 5s

Ability 1: Good Fortune
    Daikokuten showers nearby allies with good fortune, healing them whenever he picks up a gold coin.
    Effect Radius: 35
    Health Per Coin: 5/10/15/20/25
    Duration: 5s
    Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12s
    Cost: 80

Ability 2: Golden Mallet
    Daikokuten pulls back his mallet for 1s and slams it down in front of him, damaging and knocking up enemies hit. Enemies hit by this ability drop double the coins from his passive.
    Additional Coins Duration: 3s
    Damage: 60/120/180/240/300 (+40% of your Magical Power)
    Cooldown: 18s
    Cost: 70

Ability 3: Money Mice
    Daikokuten sends out his mice friends in a cone, picking up coins they pass over. Enemies hit by this take damage every 0.5s for 3s and have their Protections reduced.
    Range: 50
    Damage: 20/25/30/35/40 (+10% of your Magical Power)
    Protections Lost: 5/10/15/20/25
    Cooldown: 12s
    Cost: 60

Ability 4: Hard Bargain
    Daikokuten begins bartering with all enemy gods around him, marking them for 5s. Picking up a gold coin damages all marked enemy gods and gives Daikokuten additional Protections for the duration. Additionally, while this is active, Theft Of Fortune has it's radius increased and activates every 1s.
    Radius: 35
    Damage: 5/10/15/20/25 (+5% of your Magical Power)
    Protections Gained: 1/2/3/4/5
    Max Protections: 30
    Passive Radius: 35/40/45/40/55
    Cooldown: 100s
    Cost: 100

Further Reading - Lore

Background Information: Daikokuten is a Japanese god of wealth. Daikokuten is the origin of a tradition know as theft of fortune, in which it is said a person that steals a divine figure is granted good fortune so long as they are not caught. Daikokuten is often depicted with rice and mice/rats to signify a wealth of food along with his lucky mallet. While he is typically depicted residing over a wealth of food, he was also worshipped by merchants as a protector of commercial success.

Daikokuten is said to have originated from Buddhist depictions of Shiva, slowly losing his features over time as he became what he is known as today. After his transformation into a Shinto deity, Daikokuten found his place next to the fishing god Ebisu as a god worshipped by the common folk, seeking a wealthier life.

Further Reading - Abilities

Stats: Daikokuten's stats are all pushing him towards having a weaker early game. This is to counteract his strong potential in teamfights and his high sustain.

Passive: Daikokuten's passive, Theft Of Fortune, allows for high mana gen. Under normal circumstances in the laning phase, Daikokuten will have three minions in his range (either three melee minions in lane or the three Jungle minions in camps) as well as possibly having the enemy Support in range. With just the three minions, Daikokuten is gaining 6 mana every 2s at Level 1. Add in the enemy Support and that number goes up to 10 mana every 2s. With careful positioning, Daikokuten may manage to get all six lane minions in his range as well as the enemy Support and the enemy ADC. With this, his mana gained every 2s spikes up to 20. However, a Daikokuten player would have to be careful of this as his lack of mobility makes him an easy target.

Ability 1: Daikokuten's first ability, Good Fortune, gives him and his team the sustain they need to make it through the early phases of the game. As stated in the passive section, Daikokuten will typically have three minions and one enemy god generating coins at any time. Without any though put into timing, a Daikokuten can easily get 10 coins in the duration of Good

Fortune. This comes out to a heal worth 50 health. WITH proper timing, a Daikokuten can activate Good Fortune in the last second of the last two activations of his passive and use his third ability, Money Mice, to pick up recently dropped coins. This results in a burst of 50 plus the ability to still gain another 50 over the rest of the ability's duration.

Ability 2: Golden Mallet is Daikokuten's move with the most combo potential. Weather he is setting up for an ally or using it as a temporary boost to his healing, Golden Mallet is easily one of Daikokuten's most important abilities. However, this ability does have a long cooldown so a Daikokuten player must think of when best to use this ability.

Ability 3: Money Mice is Daikokuten's bread and butter. This ability is both his clear and his main tool for getting coins when they start piling up. Add to that the fact that it has a Protection shred and you will find this ability being very important in all stages of the game. A good Daikokuten player will time this with their passive's coin duration for maximum burst with Good Fortune and Hard Bargain.

Ability 4: Daikokuten's ultimate ability, Hard Bargain, brings his main team fight potential. With Hard Bargain, enemies will find that they can not truly escape a Daikokuten. While each individual coin does not deal much damage, the numbers add up. This is especially useful while defending your Titan where many enemy minions will all be grouped up, causing Daikokuten's coin production and damage to skyrocket.
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 05-08-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Member Worshipper JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 859
    Achievements:
    Bump. Please check this post over the one from before when I had no permanent account.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    This seems like a bit of an attack speed mage... he could drop 2 coins from hitting gods constantly with his passive, mark someone with his 1, and pick up all the coins in the world (40 x 10 = 400). 400 flat heal just for hitting 5 basics and picking up some coins? Yes please! Now throw the ult on there... 14 coins = 560 heal.
    I love looking at god and skin concepts! If you want me to look at one then just message me the link. (DISCLAIMER: I probably will only glance over it if it's too crowded, that is my one and only request)
    Got a god/skin concept you want done? Look at the link below, if the god is there, then I'll get to him/her eventually. If not, reply to the post with your suggestion.
    My God and Skin Concepts: God and Skin Concepts ~ AnnaRose

Achievements:
    Are you saying he is OP or what? Lol. I'm sure the numbers do need some adjustments though lol

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    Are you saying he is OP or what? Lol. I'm sure the numbers do need some adjustments though lol
    Not really OP, just add a lifetime on the coins, I'd say something like 8s. They need a buff too, 2 mana isn't great early, and 30 isn't great late. I'd suggest you make it more like 20 (+ 2 per god level) so it's 22 at level 1 and 60 at level 20.
    I love looking at god and skin concepts! If you want me to look at one then just message me the link. (DISCLAIMER: I probably will only glance over it if it's too crowded, that is my one and only request)
    Got a god/skin concept you want done? Look at the link below, if the god is there, then I'll get to him/her eventually. If not, reply to the post with your suggestion.
    My God and Skin Concepts: God and Skin Concepts ~ AnnaRose

Achievements:
    I haven't added a lifetime yet because I still am not 100% sure what would be the best tie for it to be balanced. I guess 8s works because its not long enough for you to horde 100 coins and pick them up all at once but still gives some time to run around and grab them.
    Hm, base 20 mana for a coin is quite a bit as it'll entirely refund (hehe) his ult from the coins it drops. Maybe, I can change it to 2 mana per level? Thats still only 2 mana at level 1 but by level 5 thats 10 mana x 16 from the coins his ult drops alone. which is STILL enough to refund his ult but not so much as to make give him a huge amount of mana on top of giving him back the mana spent on the ult.

Achievements:
    Im trying to make him still be good late game while not being useless OR too strong early game. Balancing the passive is tricky.

Achievements:
    Passive coin lifetime reduced from 8s => 5s.

Golden Mallet cooldown increased from 12s => 16s.

Money Mice cooldown changed from 10s => 14s. Money Mice cost changed from 40/50/60/70/80 => 60 at asll ranks.

Hard Bargain cooldown changed from 100s => 90s. Hard Bargain cost changed from 100/110/120/130/140 to 100 at all ranks.
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 01-18-2017 at 01:52 AM.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    How i can see him with your's and Oventoasted's versions in combine.

Passive. Fickle Luck. I really like Oventoasted's concept of passive with his own coin purse. Just gain gold from using autoattacks, 1st and 2nd on gods (abilities gives more gold ofc). For using it on 3rd. Probably without minions affected. Without coin drops. And idk why did Oventoasted talk about full 3rd tier item (i think he just make a mush), but ability to buy 1st tier item for full purse of gold 2-3 times in game seems nice to me. When buying he spend money in purse first if it's full.

1st ability. Just put here your 3rd Ability - Money Mice. Only change collecting coins from floor to bringing them to you from gods pockets.

2nd ability. Cornucopia's Smash (translate of mallet's name,Uchide-no-kozuchi). I think he dont need root on it, just knockup. Otherwise it will be too many CC (with my 3rd and ultimate). Also about jump which Oventoasted suggested. Ofc it better to play for god with escape or engage ability, but will it be not too OP for him? I'm not sure. Plus it will be totally like Bacchuse's jump.

3rd ability. Fool's Gold. He throws in some distance a chest full of gold, which taunting in area around it ~2 sec at cap, and then explodes in whole this area (or without explosion, just taunt). He spend money from his own gold purse on it. Taunted gods trying to hit it to get the gold inside, coz cover is just slighly open, and shiny light lure them. I like alot Oventoasted's thing with passive side of it, about taunting around his death place, by loosing money from purse. Amount of gold he looses can be decreased with upgrade (100% without, 80% in 1st lvl to 0% on 5th). Spending gold can be slightly icreased with upgrade, so he have to use 1st and 2nd more often, and upgrading this ability will be like double-edged sword. With this CC he must be able to get close for striking 1st or 2nd, or escape.

4th ability. Fertile Field. And again, i think not using his second main attribute, sack of rice, is just a crime. So when he throw this rice in large area, it immideatly grows up, and not only slow down enemies by turning area in rice field, but also heals over time allies.

p.s will hear your any suggestions on my version.

p.p.s. Something like this i mean in 3rd ability

Rice field (for those who dont know how it look like)
    Last edited by Zuyok; 02-06-2017 at 06:32 AM.

Achievements:
    I liked the idea of the coin purse but it still had some of the same issues the old kit did. I feel this newer version would play a lot better in game.