Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Gods and Deserters

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

New Gods and Deserters

Here we go again. It's the first day for Skaadi on the Xbox1 and it takes 4 tries to get a match started because players who don't get the "new toy" refuse to select another god. I think they should double deserter penalties on new a God's birthday because this is pretty lame.

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    They want to be the one to feed their brains out with her. I can't wait to watch all the idiots instalock her then go like 0-20 while blaming it on everyone else.

New Member Cupidhead XOG n HashX's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    I'm still on 3.3 wtf? Where do I update?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Brigadiershagg's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by XOG n HashX View Post
    I'm still on 3.3 wtf? Where do I update?

If you are playing On the PS4 you will get the update until wednesday because hi-rez is making the trophies for smite, if you are on the xbox the update should just pop up whenever you start smite.

Member Follower Xx Threshold xX's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    ...that's a fair point, but...I kinda feel like they should just double deserter penalties for repeat offenders in general. Kinda tired of d/cs before the match is actually in danger of being lost and people just not locking in anything before a match starts cause they didn't get their role or god of choice
    Either try to work with your team or get used to dying alone; That's SMITE, friends. That's the Golden Rule. Everything else is negotiable.

X Mastery; Isis, Skadi, Thor, Cabrakan, Fenrir, Bellona, Hou Yi, Mercury, Chaac, Nu Wa, Thanatos

Senior Member Honoured NARGH222's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I can tell you right now that when this patch finishes downloading I'm instalocking her till I master her then going back to ranked. I could care less about a new hunter but I like to have them all mastered to trade with my team in ranked. I still play if I don't get the new God though. Those people are annoying

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I agree, TWENTY minutes to get a game of arena after patch (was happy to try out K-9 skin instead of Skadi). Same names kept leaving lobby... should be half hour penalty for those who do it twice in a row.

Went Assault to get away from huffy players but was 5 min plus waits as everyone was Skadi on the brain. Between annoying players, big update download and server issues i got only a couple of games on my day off - very frustrating.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I don't even play on patch day. What's the point? I can't even do ranked to avoid it because the servers are always shit.
    That said, I always run the new god in co-op or practice first. Reduces that feed ability until you figure out the combo timing for them. If you die in practice you need to practice more...

Skadi seems fun. I wouldn't know yet though. In terms of penalty, I think penalties should only tick down if you are in game. Being able to play something else while your deserter ticks down isn't much of a penalty; it would make those 1 hour penalties mean a bit more (at least before people go to sleep).
    Remember The Manticore

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    It's cool if you try to instalock her, so am I, but if I don't get her then I'll pick someone else. The players that refuse to play if they don't get her are the problem. We all have sit thru a 30 sec queue, then a 90 sec queue only to see the "You Can't Play..." message and start over. It's total BS, repeat offenders should definitely be nerfed.

Junior Member Cupidhead N3M3SIS's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Anyone notice people instalocking the new god then going AFK for the match (Talking arena here)? It's either that or someone just running in circles in base (elastic band around the control pad to stop going auto AFK?)
    Too poor to pay attention