Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Results 121 to 126 of 126

Thread: Homosexuality Post-2000's

  1. #121
    Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,885
    26
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    Why though? Are you "anti" SJW and feminist because of the fact that you are a straight male? I'm not attacking you for this, just confused. I get that people disassociate themselves with the current movement of feminism because of how in many ways it's been overturned into misandry. But then again to say "anti 3rd wave feminist"... surely you believe in the total equality of both men and woman at the very least? Are you content with the world's current level of inequality? Just asking, not accusing.
    I am specifically Anti SJW and Anti 3rd wave feminist. I agree with first and second wave feminists. 3rd wave feminists are people like Kristi Winters, Anita Sarkeesian, Laci Green, and Steve Shives (These 4 embody most traits I am extremely against). 3rd Wave feminists rage on about (for the most part) a non existent wage gap, employer rights, and other things that used to be a problem, but are not anymore (outside of male dominated industries such as the military and construction). They're seeking to gain themselves more rights when the scales are for the most part balanced.

    I'm anti SJW because Social Justice assigns blame to groups and skin colors instead of people. It's racism and facism under the guise of tolerance and acceptance. And it's vile, disgusting, and infuriating. Quite a few SJW's also happen to be 3rd wave feminists (Again, the 4 people above are). Another site is Buzzfeed, MTV's "Decoded" and other things.

    Martin Luther King Jr is probably rolling over in his damn grave over SJW's, because for the most part, it stands in stark contrast with his beliefs. "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

    You cannot judge a man by the content of his character, his moral fabric, and his overall worth by subscribing to social justice. I'm automatically worth less than another man simply because I'm a white straight male. My "kind" (Despite my ancestors being enslaved themselves) is responsible for slavery, discrimination, and getting ahead in life by virtue of not being a minority or a woman. It has nothing to do with my work ethic, decisions, or skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    May i just ask how blatant and illegal homophobic discrimination is a person's way of "expressing themselves"? I don't know about the first two instances, but with the latter, though I think the situation was blown out of proportion and did become a little bit silly, it is illegal to refuse service to customers due to discriminatory reasons. If a muslim person were to walk into a coffee shop and the barista refused to serve them for their religious beliefs, that would be illegal. I just don't understand your point? Discrimination is not "expressing yourself", people are entitled to their own opinions, I get that. But to refuse service to someone because of who they are is discrimination and I do believe should bring some form of punishment.
    For the first instance : Use This Link (You can probably find other side of the argument too)

    For the second instance : Here's one instance (Just google "church being sued for not marrying gay couple)

    I disagree with you on the final fact. We live in a capitalist society. Our nation was built upon the idea "Live and Let Live" and the separation of church and state. It should be completely within the shop owners rights to deny a sale for any reason. That store owner should then face the repercussions of it (whether those are good or bad). I believe the story should have been spread far and wide as it was. But the worker shouldn't have had to make the cake.

    Let me put a slightly different spin on that cake story. What would you think if a KKK member wanted to buy a cake from that store, and they were refused service on the grounds they belonged to the KKK.

    The same can be said for churches. If they don't want to marry someone because it goes against their tenants and beliefs, they shouldn't have to marry that couple.

    Again, let me put a slightly different spin on that story. What if a Buddhist couple wanted to come into a Christian church and be married with a traditional Hindu ceremony? I for one think the church would probably tell them to go pound sand since it would be sacrilegious. And it should be their right to do so. Again, the story should be told far and wide, but no legal repercussions should happen, only community repercussions (good or bad)

    Discrimination is up to the individual. it is their right to refuse service to anyone within reason. You cannot compare making a cup of coffee to making a wedding cake. There's no religious attachments to a coffee cup. There is however religious attachments to a wedding cake. And you should respect that.

    Again, another quote for you "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

    The above quote is as American as it gets. Fine men and women have fought and died so we can keep these rights and liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    Naturally and medically you have a biological sex, yes. Gender is a social construct, and to me it is and has been very damaging. Somebody should be able to express themself and be themself regardless of what they were physically born with. Having a penis shouldn't dictate how you act. The idea of having to conform to gender is archaic and stupid, and the ideas of "acting like a man" or "acting like a woman" should never exist. If you are a straight man who enjoys expressing emotions, getting down to beyonce and crying at titanic, that doesn't "make you gay" or mean that you're "acting like a woman".
    Gender isn't a social construct, it's a biological construct. You're either a man or woman. Testosterone levels and Estrogen levels play a large part in how the different sexes think, behave, feel, and act. The science is proven. Gender ROLES however, are a social construct, but for the most part, they stem from simple human biology and anatomy.

    Lindybeige made a fairly good video that I think would be interesting for you to watch that talks about most things concerning gender roles : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSX7iT0n65Q

    .... If you haven't listened to lindy yet, he's awesome. While he's not always right, he always brings an interesting point of view to the table. Like this video. (Mind, I agree with everything lindy said in this video)

    Basically his video says this : women are more important to human society because they can make babies. That's why men fight wars and do the more dangerous work. Men are more populous, and one man can impregnate several women, if need be. If you lose 1 man, it's not a big deal. If you lose 1 woman, that's multiple babies you just lost. He also states it might be that women and men simply enjoy different things on a biological level (as in the release of dopamine during certain tasks). Men enjoy doing manual labor while women enjoy child rearing more (I tend to agree for most people. There are obviously exceptions to everything though)

    On to how men and women should behave, I agree. Behavior really shouldn't matter too much. If a boy wants to play with barbies let them. If a girl wants to play with a tonka truck, let her. (hell, I know I did both with my sister many times growing up. That being said, I also drove my bike constantly off of 10 foot home made ramps in the street. Many a scar I have from those good times!)

    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    This leads me on to something I want to discuss - not necessarily responding to this post - the idea that gay men "want to be woman" or "act like women". This concept really bothers me as I've been asked that question a lot of times. I don't want to be a female. 99% of gay men don't want to be female. The way I see it is this: being gay I don't feel any pressures of society to act a certain way, like most straight men do. The way I act, react, my interests and hobbies etc I am completely liberated in how I want to express myself. I feel like I have just as many if not more masculine traits as I do feminine, but in comparison to most straight men who seem to avoid any form of femininity at all costs due to societal expectations, my feminine traits are highlighted. Therefore I am perceived as being overtly feminine, thus people assume that I want to replicate in my ways of self-expression how a stereotypical female would.
    I don't feel a pressure to act like a man. I simply am one. When I was a boy, I was sometimes told to man up, though I've always understood that as "stop complaining" instead of "stop acting like a girl". I personally believe a man should have his... well.. Manly man points. Working on cars, cursing, spitting, scratching his balls, drinking his whisky, playing with a chainsaw, hammering on a forge. These activities are good for the testosterone, which makes men healthy. It gives us energy, confidence, and a sense of triumph. Men simply need to be physical and manly to keep their health up. It's for the most part hard coded into us by genetics.

    Women on the other hand should have a few girly points, men and women simply aren't wired the same, physically and mentally. For the most part, they require much more social interaction. They are for the most part more emotional than men. And some men simply don't want to express such emotions (Whether it makes them uncomfortable or they simply don't care) Men and women also simply care about different things and aspects to life. Much like how doing stereotypical man stuff, a woman can enjoy stereotypical woman stuff and enjoy much the same benefits a man does. Higher confidence, less stress, a feeling of accomplishment, making the house her place (Whether she's a stay at home mom or a business woman, or anything in between, the home decoration is typically much more important to a woman than a man. Men mostly want a TV/PC, a bed, a roof, a kitchen, and a bathroom. Everything else is a bonus).

    Quote Originally Posted by amelixo View Post
    This is entirely me personally, and something I have discussed with my gay friends, however I would be intrigued to see what both gay and straight males think of this topic.

    Anyway, for the most part I do agree with the rest of your post.[/QUOTE]

    I can't say I've ever thought that gay men "Want to be a woman". I've always seen them as simply liking other men. I've always seen transvestites and homosexuals as completely different subjects (Though obviously they sometimes overlap.)

    For the extremely flamboyant gay men (HAAAAAAAAAAY) I can see where some people might think that though.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 05-07-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    Do me a favor. Give me -reps please.

    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

  2. #122
    Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    9,622
    31
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 2,099
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGameFreak View Post
    well where I'm from is no joke my family is a full Pentecostal Christian to tell you the truth and the end times going to come there very soon and it's going to be a lot of torture going to be happening in this earth because the devil is going to be torture every single living person when the end times is going to happening on just remember the prediction

    and also it's the truth it's in the bible

    all go to church on this Sunday every single day

    just remember the prediction it is no lie you must be if you're pure christian
    Love thy gay neighbor.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    CHRONOS IS LIFE
    IS BAE FREYA

    ~I only play Jungle Practice, so note that my opinions are colored by that fact~
    "I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite, and still not nerfed enough."
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!

  3. #123
    Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    A hole in the ground
    Posts
    10,797
    25
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Love thy gaybor.
    FTFY

    On that subject, why the fuck does homophobia even exist? On a practical level, the only time in history in which it might ever have made sense is when the human population was reduced to just a few thousand strong; and we ended up bouncing back with a vengeance. Who does it hurt? Where is the harm? There's no reason for it to be in scripture, no reason for it to affect the law, and no reason to be acted upon. I don't wanna watch 2 guys make out, but I'm pretty sure a gay man doesn't wanna watch 2 lesbians make out, whereas I do. Gay people having rights doesn't hurt me. Being nice to a gay person doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. It's honestly one of the dumbest reasons I can think of to hate a person. Oh, you want it up the ass? Why, you're clearly worse than Hitler! It's legitimately confounding how this even happens.

  4. #124
    Member Worshipper MAADUECE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    277
    3
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    2
    living in a country where same sex maraige was allowed as one of the first places man nobody cares anymore life goes on
    their was alot of uproar when it was first porposed but now its a quite big tourist thing wher people visit to have a ceremony
    poeple just want to have a special day like everyone else i guess

  5. #125
    Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Creation
    Posts
    785
    5
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    The Bible still shouldnt lead a person and tell them what to do in any way
    While the 10 Commandments make a good guideline, life in most countries will eat you alive if you follow those. Its 2017, shit doesnt work like that anymore matey X3
    But the bible doesn't.

    The 10 commandments are mostly fine but those who believe in the written law didn't get Jesus message.

    2 Cor 3:3 It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

    2 cor 3 14-17: But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

    Jeremiah 31:33 """I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.""

    There are many more similar verses in the new testament. The point of Jesus message is to not live your life according to written religious laws, not to believe in religious authorities, but to live your life according to your heart, conscience and spirit.

    This is one of the reasons we say Jesus is messiah and liberator. He liberates from the law so people can stop having anxieties over not being in tune with God since they have trouble following all them written rules. The NT calls the old written law, the law of sin and condemnation, law of death. Cause if you do not follow your heart and rather rely on such laws you are killing the self and that is sin.

    Now always acting like you know you should in your heart ain't always ez but there is also a message of forgiveness so its all cool.

    All in all if you really read the bible, the core messages of Jesus of love and freedom, it is a very sound philosophy of life that it represents.
    Rocking the boat

  6. #126
    Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Creation
    Posts
    785
    5
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusGameFreak View Post
    hello I just want to give you a little advice it is an actual sin because if you do something wrong you could go straight to hell even worse you could be tortured in hell I'm a pentecostal christian you should read the bible to tell the truth because my family been teaching me a lot about in the bible scriptures you should read it in the King James Bible verse

    just feel like sharing this information out so understand
    Maybe it is you who need to understand. If your family or yourself focus on scripture that is condemnating and preach hate and preach people to hell you are not in tune with the spirit of liberty and love.

    Do you understand what it means when Jesus warns of false prophets coming in his name? Do you understand what it means to test the spirits that come to you? Do you understand the fundamental concept that God is love?

    Verily I tell you homosexuals are more then welcome in paradise.

    To think God would judge someone on the basis of what they love is sacrilege. Being a good or bad human is really about totally different things then sexuality.

    Preach love or take some time out in a desert and really reflect on what is good and bad cause your compass seems broken.
    Rocking the boat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •