Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Defend your favorite OP gods!

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class

Defend your favorite OP gods!

Maybe you've already noticed that I hate nerf threads. I do that on principle: whenever they nerf a god, particularly if it's too harsh, it's ruining someone else's fun. So nerfs, albeit necessary, aren't a thing to take lightly, an opinion that is not shared by the Amateur Balance Squad right here.

So I'm trying for the ultimate anti-nerf thread. Pick one or more of your favorite gods which people call OP and defend them!

I'll start by two birds with one stone, Nox and Hou Yi.

Both of those guys are 1v1 monsters and people ask for nerfs every week. While I agree going 1v1 against a Hou Yi or Nox who have their stuff ready is ill-advised (heck, do I need to teach you that going against any god with their stuff ready is ill-advised) you have to compare their style to what other gods in the same class do. And you'll reach the conclusion that they're both more assassins than a hunter or mage. Because they're pretty much 1v1 gods.

A Zeus, Poseidon or Zhong Kui can shut down whole teams - or at least 2 or 3 people at once. Nox locks you, then yes, you're dead. But only you. She has some great utility with her mass silence, but definitely isn't pentakill material.

Now compare Hou Yi to other hunters. He has the mark on someone, that person dies. However, what can he do to the rest of the team? A Xbalanque or Rama can pick them one by one and crush everyone. Hou Yi without his mark is just the worst hunter in the game, due to his low attack speed, complete lack of CC and hard to confirm damage. Like Nox, he has some utility in his weird magey ultimate - but again, can only stun the marked one to confirm a kill.

So the big picture is that those guys are killing you easily. But only you. Just like Loki, but with a bit more work involved and some parallel utility to compensate. Balanced.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 03-31-2016 at 05:22 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I'll take Skadi. Kaldr is absurdly easy to shut down. Even if Skadi's ulting, you can still CC him; and once there's any distance at all between you and him, he will never catch you. Additionally, unless you've been hit by Piercing Cold, Kaldr's DPS is only half that of Skadi's because he has half her attack speed.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured MadManToTheMax's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Ares lives and dies by his chains. If you can juke his first chain, he is extremely vulnerable and can't do much. He has a hard time keeping you in his flames if you aren't crippled and slowed by his chains. Also remember that the chain breaks if it gets to long. So if you see Ares has chained an ally, cc him to help the person get far enough away to break the chain.

Yes his ult is very powerful and a beads burner. But a good Ares will only initiate if he can grab at least two important people. Blink is on a 120 second cooldown, so he will only use it if it's worth it. Once his ult is down, Ares becomes a lot less scary so you need to counter-initiate if you can when he goes in. Otherwise he just got your beads for free. Ares also needs to be near max health if he wants to ult. Otherwise you're just going to burst him down in the 3.5 seconds it takes his ult to wind up.
    IGN: SenseiEnrique

Desired God w/ Concept: Hachiman - Protector of Japan / God of Warriors

わたしは せんせいエンリーケです

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    AMC, hunter with no dash/ leap, very easy to gang also beads nerf so harder to remove cc's, only thing that helps a little is hive that gives wery poor healing. Monster in 1v1, pretty much free food in CQ
    Also AMC is nice enough to give honey to you, but people show no respect for free food :/

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Hou yi is like Agni. Reliant on one ability.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    AMC, hunter with no dash/ leap, very easy to gang also beads nerf so harder to remove cc's, only thing that helps a little is hive that gives wery poor healing. Monster in 1v1, pretty much free food in CQ
    Also AMC is nice enough to give honey to you, but people show no respect for free food :/
    Wait, who the hell thinks AMC is OP?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Wait, who the hell thinks AMC is OP?
    In normal Conquest you hear it from time to time, makes me giggle

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Loki.

Just turn up your damn SFX volume and ward his camps so you can at least see which direction he's going in and expect him. Loki is one of the best pubstompers because his counters are not exclusive to items, and most noobs can't come to terms with this.

Building a high-defense item such as BoV or Nemean also goes a long way. You have at least two extra seconds to react fast by either popping a Shell/Aegis or beating the shit out of him, and Nemean is even better because it'll reflect his 3's damage back at him. Loki has two escapes, and a bad one will most likely waste both of them. Use that to your advantage.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 03-31-2016 at 07:30 PM.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Prestigious AcidTheWarlock's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter
    Janus. He has poor early clear and while he's mobile and has decent burst, his ult is incredibly easy to juke and see coming. If he misses his combo he's bait since he blew his escape trying to get a kill. Threshold doesn't do a ton when laning unless you're ganked or your opponent is super aggressive so really you can't use it besides the self-buff. Janus is also super squishy and if he doesn't get his combo of successfully, he gets bullied out of lane easily.

In casuals I've fought way too many Janus players and it's ridiculous. I play gods with high poke but less burst so if you juke his combo call a gank, throw your damage/cc and spam VEL.
    BANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAA

ACIDTHEWARLOOOOOOCK

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Khepri
    This poor hug bug has turned into nothing but a insect shield with a long cd revive, they justified his nerfs as "he was exceeding expectations and with this it will give enemies a chance to counter" when it's more like an a gate the size of the sky to murder him. His latest nerf has rendered his survivability even lower, he may still be banned in leagues but we all know that if he was let through, he would be extremely easy to shut down, he has a choice to save himself or save an ally which eather way is unreliable. He needs to be a true hug bug, that gains more survivability with more allies around him, add something to his passive that increases the HP on the shield for himself increasing by the amount allies he has around him
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.