Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the state of items right now?

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person

What do you think of the state of items right now?

I like variety and a variety of items is important. I know you'll always have certain gods that have a go to build, but how is the state of items right now? I feel like their is a lack of defensive options. You see the same defensive items all around and i think the biggest area that need attention are the hybrid defensive items. Ancile is ok but it's not going to be picked over bulwark. Void shield/stone are good but they're not Valor or nemean good. Void stone could work in guardians but rarely any mage (they're usually out of range of the passive) then there's witch blade, why ever get this over frostbound? Why ever get it over wingedblade? How come there's no defensive life steal or crit items? (Soul eater was kinda in that niche). I feel like hunters, guardians and warriors don't have all that much variety in picking their items, they're always the same. ESPECIALLY DEFENSIVE items. I think mages and assassins have a solid variety to choose from and you can go several different ways with them, but the other 3 classes lack any true variety. Warriors are on the right path but with the recent nerfs i just see most if them building exactly as a guardian.

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Some are clearly better than others

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Bulwark and bov are overpowered, that's why you'll never see anything else.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 3,551
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Breastplate and Jouthen's need more adjustments, they still outshine a majority of items in the game.

Senior Member Chosen TristynTrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Woo make all cdr items shit, that'll balance the game. Maybe the shit items need to be buffed instead of ruining the only good items? Like when they kept nerfing the flavor of the month actives instead of buffing the bad ones, another one became popular then they nerfed it. It was a cycle and they stupidly did it 4 or 5 times.

Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Because cool down is so good. Assassins don't really lose anything from going boots, jotunns, valor first 3 items, they're bulky and still strong. Same for most warriors.

Senior Member Chosen TristynTrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I don't recommend going BoV on an assassin so early, they don't have the base stats to back it up like warriors do, maybe later to cap cdr after you have pen. But early? no. You'd be screwing over supports more by nerfing BoV again and I build it on several mages. Pls just nerf solo lane farm instead of ruining items, and Jotunns is for assassins and their only good cooldown item.

Cooldown reduction may be a good stat, but I play ability based gods to you know actually be able to use my abilities a decent amount of time, stop nerfing cdr please...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TristynTrine View Post
    I don't recommend going BoV on an assassin so early, they don't have the base stats to back it up like warriors do, maybe later to cap cdr after you have pen. But early? no. You'd be screwing over supports more by nerfing BoV again and I build it on several mages. Pls just nerf solo lane farm instead of ruining items, and Jotunns is for assassins and their only good cooldown item.

Cooldown reduction may be a good stat, but I play ability based gods to you know actually be able to use my abilities a decent amount of time, stop nerfing cdr please...
    This has nothing to do with solo lane farm. And max cdr is only one issue with itemization. Hunters and guardians have virtually no variety when it comes to builds. Crit got to expensive and hunters are online almost immediately because their items or so cheap and there is no variety. Guardians, even in roles other than support are just meat shields.

Senior Member Honoured MadManToTheMax's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Supports are in a weird spot right since power items are coming online sooner this meta due to free actives and the seperation of health and protections. You're not really tanky until about mid-late game.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    These "hybrid" items are meant to be used as a hybrid item and not be compared to full defensive items. Void stone is very viable, even for mages and has a range of 55 units which will affect anyone in range of your auto attacks. Think of using this item when you want a little more magical defense - swap out your usual pen item for void stone and there you go.

Void shield is also a viable item that I've been playing with a lot recently as it gives 30 power, 20 group-wide pen and 50 physical protections. It's a fantastic item, the only real drawback is it's price and that's fair. If anything should be done to this I think a buff to the t2 or a nerf to the overall stats for a price decrease would make it fall a bit more in line with void stone and make it even more viable. I use this item in-place of a pen item, not a defensive item.

Witchblade also shouldn't be compared to the other items in the tree. Witchblade gives 45 physical protections and decreases your opponents attack speed an physical power by 20% and 30 respectively. Comparing that to frostbound that gives power and health or winged blade doesn't make much sense. Personally I would use this item more if it was more like runic shield and provided power instead of attack speed but w/e.

Bov was really bugging me but I'm happy with the recent nerf and I think the addition of the new spectral armor will give players enough reason to choose other items over bov. An item that's at the top of my list now for nerfs is jotunn's. Jotunn's trades 10 pen for 20% cdr and 150 mana which is kind of a no-brainer. A nerf to jotunn's could be as easy as removing the mana or perhaps buffing the other items in the tree with mana to make jotunn's less desirable.

A few other items that should get looked at imo are genji's guard and oni hunters garb. The mp5 and ccr are just fillers to make the items more pricey but they really don't do anything for the player, the passive on oni is pretty trashy also. I mean, would you prefer 15% ccr or 200 health + group support (oni vs heartward)?
    My top 5 favorite gods currently: Sun Wukong, Sylvanus, Ah Puch, Raijin, Hun Batz